New Lampkin / Moore Podcast: Da Bigggest Chopp Up | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New Lampkin / Moore Podcast: Da Bigggest Chopp Up

Duke is a relatively small private school. Where does their money come from? I get that they’re a prestigious school with rich and famous alumni, but I’m curious if they have a few particularly rich donors that fund everything. Because their alumni base is smaller than SU’s. Must be that tobacco heir money.
Pharma money.

I mean, since 1986, they have 13 FFs and 5 chips. FFs are basically how they measure if a year is good or not. (BTW, drives me nuts about UConn's titles against FFs)

Scheyer should be under immense pressure to consistently win big, get a one or two seed every year and consider the S16 a starting point.

But keep in mind, as well, there is a lot of evaluation of how many guys get into the lottery/first round. Yes, like Kentucky under Cal, they are getting the highest rated guys, but it matters that they then go right through to the pros and get those second contracts.

Cooper Flagg better go #1 after this year. That's another big metric of success for Scheyer.

I’d wager there is a chance no one has spent as much as Duke has ( or their supporters have however you want to frame it) in a window as they have this cycle. I mean I can’t blame them given if you are going for a guy like Flagg you might as well go all in. That said if they slip up this year it will be interesting to watch and see if they fall back a little in terms of who they target and how many big names at once.

Why Weitsman though? Does he even support the program anymore?

Why Weitsman though? Does he even support the program anymore?

hopefully he starts feeding no destination who in turns feeds his guests

I was wrong, Adam has no current NIL deals with Syracuse athletes. He mentors Choppa and he is friends with his family.
Yeah, it was my understanding that he honored the existing contracts that he had, but that there wasn't a deal in place with Choppa at that time.

I just finished watching the podcast, it was so much better than the first.

Ah, he mentioned Mahomes, but he isn't even the biggest name that Adam had lined up. It would have been amazing if he didn't get shut down.
The comment about supporting from afar tells me su banned him from the games.

The comment about supporting from afar tells me su banned him from the games.
He isn't banned. They sent him a renewal for his suite, but he declined.

I would love to hear honest reactions to this interview.

Whole situation truly is strange. Was waiting for them to ask if Severyud leaves, would Weitsman consider NIL again? They way it came across, Kent is the only one who had a problem with what Adam was doing

Whole situation truly is strange. Was waiting for them to ask if Severyud leaves, would Weitsman consider NIL again? They way it came across, Kent is the only one who had a problem with what Adam was doing
Great question, they renewed Kent's contract...so, that is far away in the future. So, don't expect Adam back any time soon.

Also I love the concept for this pod and appreciate what they are doing but the audio really has to get cleaned up…
YES!!! They addressed that. They will clean that up. I have been critical of the dialogue, but I do understand that is young people's lingo. There was none of that with Adam. I was honestly really impressed with the questions from Choppa and Eddie, especially Choppa. He is a bright young man. And he works hard!!!

I‘m not feeling this one
Give it a listen, I don't believe it's intent was to give Adam an avenue to give his side, that is what it is. I honestly believe Adam is trying to help people and the program. But, his style conflicted with other donor(s). So, it became a choice. It is what it is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom