New NBA mock draft out. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New NBA mock draft out.

Interesting mock draft info.

So how many NBA players did we have on the team this year? We now know it was more than three. Wonder how many we need to get past the E8.

Joseph is going to be a monster in the Italian league.

sorry man, but I laugh when people say Henson could even dream of playing the 3 in the NBA. He attempted zero threes this season. Can't dribble/drive. Good shotblocker yes, great college rebounder, but he is those things because he's just taller and more athletic than everyone he played against this season. In the NBA everyone is as athletic but 30 lbs heavier.

Henson is definitely a 4 to me.

Not a single foreign-based player in either round. If you're not safely in the top-20 in this mock, be prepared for a non-guaranteed contract.

Barnes and Lamb are wing players that have NBA bust written all over them IMO.

I also could see River's and hensen having a real bad go of things as NBA players.

I think all of those guys minus Hensen have a better chance of panning out than Waiters personally. Barnes game is very similar to today's Paul Pierce, and Lamb is very skilled and has a lot of potential. They could both end up being solid starters that give you 15ish per game if they play with some more effort/heart. Beal and Waiters are pretty similar from the little that I've seen of Beal, but Beal is a much better rebounder.

You think he backs up Howard?
Granted, they have a few guys near 7ft. tall, Howard is the only guy on the roster listed as a center. Fab is also a pure center, and in no way, shape or form, a forward...So, it could give them depth. However, if the Magic, for some reason, try to trade Howard next year and get more talent in their other 4 starters...who knows? Draft Fab, start him, develop him as a defensive center who can learn to rebound and surround him with talent. Could be a good situation for him. All depends on what Orlando does, though I think the first scenario is much more likely

robert sacre is a steal at 44
Sacre could be the second coming of Tyson Chandler in terms of length and athleticism. Not as defensively adept as Chandler, but similar in many ways

Only one International player in that whole draft? Seems kind of crazy.

Looks about right for Dion, Fab and Kris...

I would take Waiters over Rivers (with the possible exception that Rivers may be a better listener)

Ed Davis
Brendan Wright
John Henson

All in the same

Barnes has hit his ceiling IMO.

Lamb and Beal are a tossup, but I'd probably lean towards Lamb honestly.

Beal is way more physical. He's got more of what it takes in the NBA. Lamb is too soft.

I think Sullinger will be a bust. How many 6'8 fat kids have successful NBA careers? I don't think he can play C in the NBA and he isn't quick enough for the 4. Also is bully tactics won't work in the NBA. The players are stronger and the refs won't give him the calls. Great NCAA player but I don't see it at the next level. I rather have Henson any day.

I really like that Kidd-Gilchrist. I know Drummond seems like a can't miss from everything I hear but this kid seems like he has all the tools to play NBA ball. Also Green in the early 2nd seems pretty good value to me

I really like that Kidd-Gilchrist. I know Drummond seems like a can't miss from everything I hear but this kid seems like he has all the tools to play NBA ball. Also Green in the early 2nd seems pretty good value to me

MKG might be the safest pick in the draft. He may never be an NBA star but I doubt he'll be anything worse than a serviceable starter Jo sticks around for a long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beal is way more physical. He's got more of what it takes in the NBA. Lamb is too soft.
Lamb is a pure NBA 2; superior shooting ability, range, he has a great floater and crazy wingspan. His handle isn't neccesarily ideal for a 2 guard, but it's good enough.

Defense is questionable, but he's fairly quick for his height.

He has a very high basketball IQ.
I think Sullinger will be a bust. How many 6'8 fat kids have successful NBA careers? I don't think he can play C in the NBA and he isn't quick enough for the 4. Also is bully tactics won't work in the NBA. The players are stronger and the refs won't give him the calls. Great NCAA player but I don't see it at the next level. I rather have Henson any day.
Sully is listed as 6'10 in some places, interested to see what he measures at. THere are plenty of 6'8" to 6'10" NBA guys who have very good careers.

Harrison Barnes is a poor man's Wes Johnson. Too nice.

I think Barnes never turns into much, but his handle, which I don't think is as bad as some people here have implied, would make him a more intriguing prospect than Wes ever was. The kid has decent upside, but he just seems to lack the will/drive to be dominant. Not sure anyone finds that in the NBA - you either have it or you don't.

Speaking of lacking the will, does anyone ever remember reading a book about Jordan where he talked about facing Billy Owens his rookie year? It was something about challenging him on the first possession and then telling the author he knew Owens would never be a star in the NBA because he didn't seem upset that he was beat off the dribble or something like that? I always think about that when I think about star college players that just seem to lack that competitive fire needed to succeed in the NBA.

I would take Tony Wroten well before #26, definitely before Doron Lamb. Hell, I'd probably take him over Austin Rivers. If you can get that kid to shoot it deep he's much better long term imo. I guess that's a big question though - will he ever be able to shoot it?

I would predict he's a bust as well. I'm not willing to say BOOK IT though. :)

Lamb/Barnes to me is a crapshoot. I think they're both serviceable in the NBA, but never All-Star material. Neither one seems to care enough. They both just disappear for long stretches and neither seems to care if they have the ball in the end. At all.

I would predict he's a bust as well. I'm not willing to say BOOK IT though. :)

Lamb/Barnes to me is a crapshoot. I think they're both serviceable in the NBA, but never All-Star material. Neither one seems to care enough. They both just disappear to long stretches and neither seems to care if they have the ball in the end. At all.
Barnes handle is meh; his jumpshot is inconsistent; he can't create off the dribble; he's athletically average; he's not overly quick; he settles way more than he should.

You take Lamb over Barnes and don't think twice about it.

Yeah, not sure about Sully. He does show nice touch around the basket. Probably a decent role player down the road. Lamb/Barnes not sure about them either. Both lack the aggressiveness as mentioned. I think both lack NBA ideal athleticism at their positions. I think Barnes is a little more athletic than Lamb with Lamb being the better shooter. Neither will do much in the NBA.