New OL Coach: Dale Williams [Official] | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

New OL Coach: Dale Williams [Official]

I was really hoping this is where we would spend money and get an nfl guy. Agree Purdue’s run blocking was very poor when we played them two years ago.
It might ptsd because we have had some really bad Oline play and coaches recently but this is the first thing since Brown was hired that causes concern.
All his other hires seemed well thought out. He has experience but so do other guys that have proven success. Maybe it’s like someone said the money is running out for coaches to pay big for an Oline coach. Time will tell if this hire works or we have a new Oline coach next year.

I wanted Addazio for the offensive line.

"Coach Williams is really, really intelligent and understands the screen game a lot differently than a lot of other people we interviewed," Brown said. "He has a good grasp on what they're doing at the NFL level when it comes to screens. He loves running power and counter. He loves mauling people. Just everything about what it is to be an o-line guy. He's able to relate to the kids and they love being around him. This is a tough offensive line guy, I like him a lot and am glad he's on our staff."

My favorite word to hear about offensive line coaching: "counter". That is a key tactic when you face a seriously athletic defense who over-commit to pursuit of the ball - you run counters, just like you throw screen passes to slow down a pass rush. We haven't been able to do either of those things in forever. These are the kinds of things I like to hear.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxmom2317

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom