New Penn State story | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New Penn State story

OMG. I need to process this. Wow. For me it’s personal being looked at by PSU not too long after this era, knowing one of the PSU players personally that was mentioned in the article(!!) - this from being in the football fraternity my whole life and especially so back then, thinking of Paterno in the highest possible regard for most of my life pre Sandusky!

Man o man. This is going to blow up nationally in the very near future. More tomorrow. Just speechless.

OMG. I need to process this. Wow. For me it’s personal being looked at by PSU not too long after this era, knowing one of the PSU players personally that was mentioned in the article(!!) - this from being in the football fraternity my whole life and especially so back then, thinking of Paterno in the highest possible regard for most of my life pre Sandusky!

Man o man. This is going to blow up nationally in the very near future. More tomorrow. Just speechless.
Crazy. It's a lot to digest if you don't personally know the people involved. The story is already in the Post and other media outlets. Penn State Football and Paterno will hopefully get crucified for this for not taking a tougher stance on their players. It's sickening reading the series of events. Especially about the judge who let this man remain free after conviction so he could go on and commit more crimes.

The world would be a better place if everyone raised their sons to be like Irv Pankey. They should put a statue of him in the spot where the Paterno statue was as a symbol of doing the right thing when it's really hard and goes against a cult.

Screen Shot 2022-04-12 at 7.31.46 AM.png

act4_audio_irv_betsy_700x467.jpg

I don’t know how the average fan can root for that team and wear their merchandise, what happened was and should be a slam dunk deal breaker for every PSU fan.

Just spent about an hour reading that. Disgusting. Paterno is gone. Hodne is gone. But the Penn St football culture and program isn’t. Too bad people inside and outside Penn St don’t have the balls to torpedo that thing. I’m looking at you too NCAA.

Whats hard to comprehend is the fan base.

I mean, yes. I share everybody's disgust for Penn State's delusional, amoral fans.

But these problems are endemic; most head coaches would conduct themselves the same way Paterno (and his bosses-in-name-only) did, and most fans would gladly put their heads into the sand in a similar situation.

So in that sense it's very easy to comprehend.

Just spent about an hour reading that. Disgusting. Paterno is gone. Hodne is gone. But the Penn St football culture and program isn’t. Too bad people inside and outside Penn St don’t have the balls to torpedo that thing. I’m looking at you too NCAA.

Or in Harrisburg. Or affiliated with Penn State but outside the formal power structure. Or...

There's a lot of blame to go around.

Or in Harrisburg. Or affiliated with Penn State but outside the formal power structure. Or...

There's a lot of blame to go around.
There is. But there is only one head coach. Only one Athletic Director. Only one school President. Only one Governor. Fortunately, some of them took hits with Sandusky.

Last edited:
Wonder who his unnamed roommate was from upstate NY?

Guy clearly knew dude was a ticking time bomb

No, I was not aware of this. I thought you were referring to Bernie.
I knew Bernie a little when I tried to play but was not good enough. Never got a whiff of anything scandalous. I never believed he was involved in any monkey business, can't prove anything but as far as I know he was given a raw deal. The stuff with his wife and players, well IMO seemed very wrong.

I can't get over how insane that judge was to let Hodne out when he was clearly such a threat to society. That idiot has blood on his hands more than anyone besides Hodne himself.
Yep no doubt. That is the definition of privilege right there my friend. Just got convicted of rape, suspected in many others? Ahhh you go free because you're a PSU football player. Disgusting.

My family has been worked in law enforcement/the courts for 50+ years, never ever heard anything like this happen. EVER!

Bad old Pedo Valley littered with Nittany pedovores. Sandusky wasn't the only one, lots of money came in from blackmail...

I have two daughters. One in college, at a D-1 school, and I will be sending it to her. Sadly, we need to know what is out there and how the decks are stacked.
yep just so disturbing. Everyone I know from my local football past is talking about this today. Blown away by the horror of it all.

You have to wonder if Paterno was a childhood victim of sexual abuse, or physical abuse, and was just accepting of it as normal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom