New song to enter the dome to... | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

New song to enter the dome to...

I vote for Crazy Train.

We already have a train whistle.
And an All-American who was nicknamed The Express.
Syracuse has been a train town for more than 150 years. We were famous as being the city the trains ran through for decades. Heck, people could take a train to the game what, 15 years ago? Train tracks still go within a couple of blocks of the stadium. With I81 getting replaced by a boulevard in the city, we might get that train service restored. You never know.
And perhaps most importantly, it is a really catchy song with the long intro you need to build the crowd into a frenzy.
And it is an anti war song that is politically correct.

It has something for everyone.
As the creator of this thread, I agree with this.

Imagine: A dark dome. A train whistle pierces the air.

The orange and blue lights match the beginning of the song.

The guitar hits and the team blasts through the tunnel.

The crowd goes nuts - the orange lights blast to all the lights.

Chills.

Great thread, Clockwork. This is a football game, not a love-fest (HOF - Call me maybe). It should be violent and stirring, but not cliche' (Crazy train). My vote - while kind of dark - is from an upstate NY band ... (Korn - Shoots and Ladders). Runner Up - POD "Boom".

Make it so.

Last edited:
Disagree. The intro song is for the fans. The players should have no say in it. Same with the coaches.

It is going to be hard to get this done with fans choosing the song. Trying to get it done using a song imposed on the fans by the players will guarantee failure.

The players and coaches can pick the songs played during warmups.
But why is that, Tom? Why can't people give the players choices a chance? Maybe there would be a song that our fans would get into, and we wouldn't be stuck with the same song that multiple schools/teams already use?

Crazy Train? It's played by a million teams already, there's nothing creative there. Same with Enter Sandman, Bodies, and every other song from the 70's/80's/90's. Do something unique.

I wonder why someone in Otto's Army taken some kind of lead in this? Seems like they'd be more into it than all of us combined. I dont care who does it, but it would be really cool if someone did something

Back and forth between old classics and new only recognizable to the younger generation. We could satisfy the old and the young with this song…..maybe they have a clean version? Lol

But why is that, Tom? Why can't people give the players choices a chance? Maybe there would be a song that our fans would get into, and we wouldn't be stuck with the same song that multiple schools/teams already use?

Crazy Train? It's played by a million teams already, there's nothing creative there. Same with Enter Sandman, Bodies, and every other song from the 70's/80's/90's. Do something unique.
Because starting a tradition from scratch is hard. The best shot to make it happen, IMHO, is to pick an intro song a significant number of fans want.

This is something for the fans. The fans do it. It has nothing to do with the players. If the players want to pick a song and lobby for it and the fans get behind it, great.

The biggest thing I want is for a song to be picked. Talking about this for decades is getting us nowhere. It would be been great to debut the song this season, with the dome reopening for fans.

We missed that. It is a shame. Let’s stop arguing about trivialities and actually do something to start building a tradition.

If we pick the wrong song, we can try something else the next game.

Because starting a tradition from scratch is hard. The best shot to make it happen, IMHO, is to pick an intro song a significant number of fans want.

This is something for the fans. The fans do it. It has nothing to do with the players. If the players want to pick a song and lobby for it and the fans get behind it, great.

The biggest thing I want is for a song to be picked. Talking about this for decades is getting us nowhere. It would be been great to debut the song this season, with the dome reopening for fans.

We missed that. It is a shame. Let’s stop arguing about trivialities and actually do something to start building a tradition.

If we pick the wrong song, we can try something else the next game.
Agree, as I have said before the players are listening to their own stuff on their air buds anyway (in the locker room) We’re talking about 2 or 3 minutes of music !

Here is top 25 Stadium songs. Speaking of, they did a nice job Saturday with Sweet Caroline. Hope they keep playing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom