New song to enter the dome to... | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

New song to enter the dome to...

christian bale dancing GIF

How about some hip to be square?!
Here, there and everywhere.

I vote for Crazy Train.

We already have a train whistle.
And an All-American who was nicknamed The Express.
Syracuse has been a train town for more than 150 years. We were famous as being the city the trains ran through for decades. Heck, people could take a train to the game what, 15 years ago? Train tracks still go within a couple of blocks of the stadium. With I81 getting replaced by a boulevard in the city, we might get that train service restored. You never know.
And perhaps most importantly, it is a really catchy song with the long intro you need to build the crowd into a frenzy.
And it is an anti war song that is politically correct.

It has something for everyone.

I actually read that Bryan Adams article the other day where he describes the origin of the song and now whenever it comes on the radio I can't unsee it
He was romantic with Elle macpherson for a stretch so add that to your visual.

I vote for Crazy Train.

We already have a train whistle.
And an All-American who was nicknamed The Express.
Syracuse has been a train town for more than 150 years. We were famous as being the city the trains ran through for decades. Heck, people could take a train to the game what, 15 years ago? Train tracks still go within a couple of blocks of the stadium. With I81 getting replaced by a boulevard in the city, we might get that train service restored. You never know.
And perhaps most importantly, it is a really catchy song with the long intro you need to build the crowd into a frenzy.
And it is an anti war song that is politically correct.

It has something for everyone.
Ehhh way to generic it’s been done 1,000 times. but I understand where your coming from.

Last edited:
I mentioned crazy train as a possibility as the kickoff song a ways back. Fits with the theme they seem to have carved out, plus they play the rap song that samples it later on in like the 4th.

I mentioned crazy train as a possibility as the kickoff song a ways back. Fits with the theme they seem to have carved out, plus they play the rap song that samples it later on in like the 4th.
There isn’t going to be a song everyone agrees on. That is why there hasn’t been a song introduced yet.

I think the time has come to pick a song and go with it. Maybe the best thing is to set up a committee representative of the fan base to pick 6 finalist songs and them have the fans vote it them?

Would love use the spring game as an experiment and try a song when the team takes the field. I don’t have strong feelings on what the song should be but I think the time has come to take action.

Our facility allows us to do an introduction song better than anyone else in the country. We have a great state of the art lighting system, we have a new sound system and we have a tremendous center hung scoreboard.

Let’s leverage our investment and do something fun with it. We need a new tradition. Let’s pick a song and give it a shot. Worse case, it bombs and we try another one. At some point, we will find the right song and make a big impact on improving the fan experience.

There isn’t going to be a song everyone agrees on. That is why there hasn’t been a song introduced yet.

I think the time has come to pick a song and go with it. Maybe the best thing is to set up a committee representative of the fan base to pick 6 finalist songs and them have the fans vote it them?

Would love use the spring game as an experiment and try a song when the team takes the field. I don’t have strong feelings on what the song should be but I think the time has come to take action.

Our facility allows us to do an introduction song better than anyone else in the country. We have a great state of the art lighting system, we have a new sound system and we have a tremendous center hung scoreboard.

Let’s leverage our investment and do something fun with it. We need a new tradition. Let’s pick a song and give it a shot. Worse case, it bombs and we try another one. At some point, we will find the right song and make a big impact on improving the fan experience.

I think what you are saying is...Syracuse should hire an independent music writer and make the intro song CUSTOM.

Love it, Tom.

Moonlight Serenade. WHO'S WITH ME???

Go Vegas style, Wayne Newton's still kickin', or even better Tom Jones.

This goes well with some of our uniform combinations, and would simultaneously terrify our opponents.

If it doesn’t have banjos and fiddles, why bother!

Or, let the players pick 6 songs and then let the fans vote in their choice

Or, let the players pick 6 songs and then let the fans vote in their choice
Disagree. The intro song is for the fans. The players should have no say in it. Same with the coaches.

It is going to be hard to get this done with fans choosing the song. Trying to get it done using a song imposed on the fans by the players will guarantee failure.

The players and coaches can pick the songs played during warmups.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom