New SU Commercial ... as seen during the Midway Classic | Syracusefan.com

New SU Commercial ... as seen during the Midway Classic

I enjoyed that ad when I saw it. I admit I rarely pay attention to ads for colleges during games, but this felt much different than any I've seen, largely due to the musical choice and editing. I think "edgy" is a pretty lame word to use in general, but this definitely felt like it had more of an edge to it than any other college ad I have seen.

By the way, what is that song? Any chance it's Lou Reed? I honestly only know a couple of his songs, but it seems like he's the perfect musician to feature in one of our ads.

I enjoyed that ad when I saw it. I admit I rarely pay attention to ads for colleges during games, but this felt much different than any I've seen, largely due to the musical choice and editing.

By the way, what is that song? Any chance it's Lou Reed? I honestly only know a couple of his songs, but it seems like he's the perfect musician to feature in one of our ads.

Music: Head Held High, The Velvet Underground :)

I enjoyed that ad when I saw it. I admit I rarely pay attention to ads for colleges during games, but this felt much different than any I've seen, largely due to the musical choice and editing. I think "edgy" is a pretty lame word to use in general, but this definitely felt like it had more of an edge to it than any other college ad I have seen.

yes - velvet underground

I loved it...though it seemed edited for time, I guess.
But it's "different" and shows all of the many personalities that are Orange.
Good stuff.

You know, I just realized why I like it so much: it reminds me a TON of the Nike "Courage" commercial in the way it is cut:

Thanks. I was looking for that. Best SU commercial ever done.

"Only 5,000 people ever heard the SU VU commercial, but each one of them started up their own university."

i think that is the best college commercial i have ever seen.

That seems a bold statement, but it jumped out at me on Sunday. I can't think of another one that's better than this. It's terrific.

It's a nice spot.
They even worked in a shot of Lou Reed.
The only negative: some people won't be recognized and people won't realize they're all alumni.

Proud to be in that commercial for a fraction of a second. (even if it is a clip from Mayfest...)

You might be the first person to appear in a promotional commercial for their University while at least 10 beers deep.

Ok, I can't be the only one wondering where bnoro is in said video.

And Dan - you must realize any crowd shot of a sporting event features many people at least 10 beers deep.

Ok, I can't be the only one wondering where bnoro is in said video.

And Dan - you must realize any crowd shot of a sporting event features many people at least 10 beers deep.

Fair, his isn't a crowd shot though.

Also, just found myself in a crowd shot, which is nice because I was feeling super left out.

UConn ads are always comically bad.

From Hoya Suxa:

harsh. (It's burger king. You're late for work"). lol. Almost as harsh as sending us 141 tickets to a 20,000 seat arena and giving the rest away to the homeless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom