New Syracuse offensive coordinator Jeff Nixon lays out his vision for the Orange offense | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

New Syracuse offensive coordinator Jeff Nixon lays out his vision for the Orange offense

Just run an offense with a QB that can actually have time to make 2-3 reads and move the ball. Use the outside of the field more in the running game and complete the passes the D gives us.. We had too many empty throwing attempts last yr and too many pound it into the small hole running plays.

It wasn’t fun. Well it was for 5 seconds when I thought we had the game winning goal. I was engaged, the fun is winning.
I have learned over many years that fun and joy in sports are more about the journeys than the results.

When I think multiple, I want to present a dynamic running attack, to force the defense to cheat towards the LOS, so I can throw to my receivers over the top, for big yardage.
I think more side to side. How often does anyone throw over the top really and how often is it because your safeties are just too scared of a running back?

Attack open space across the field, make it easy for QBs to read, and don't give the guy happening to stand behind the QB a disproportionate number of touches than the wr

Leach 's idea of balance was to attack open space. If you're trying to cram it into the gut of one skill position half the time and four other skill guys split the rest, is that balanced

Setting up that one shot is a bad gamble imo

But we will try to be a factory. Brown will get fed up very quick and we will start over very quick so none of it matters

Last edited:
The best part about that Super Bowl was Whitney Houston's Star Spangled Banner.

Well, for Bills fans anyway.
Part of that TOP was levy punting twice on 4th and short in Giants territory

I think more side to side. How often does anyone throw over the top really and how often is it because your safeties are just too scared of a running back?

Attack open space across the field, make it easy for QBs to read, and don't give the guy happening to stand behind the QB a disproportionate number of touches than the wr

Leach 's idea of balance was to attack open space. If you're trying to cram it into the guy of one skill position half the time and four other skill guys split the rest, is that balanced

Setting up that one shot is a bad game imo

But we will try to be a factory. Brown will get fed up very quick and we will start over very quick so none of it matters
What Marrone did with Nassib his Senior year is the way to go. You had 2 really good runners who kept the defense honest, and a couple of sure handed receivers. Of course you want to spread the ball around the field.
But with the speed we are getting you want to occasionally throw the ball deep.

What Marrone did with Nassib his Senior year is the way to go. You had 2 really good runners who kept the defense honest, and a couple of sure handed receivers. Of course you want to spread the ball around the field.
But with the speed we are getting you want to occasionally throw the ball deep.
8-5
It was pretty good. Fun times. But that's all it was to me