New TE Coach: Nunzio Campanile | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

New TE Coach: Nunzio Campanile

Last edited:
Pretty sure both guys were being let go?
I keep reading this comment, but it looks like campanile resigned 2 weeks ago (maybe after accepting SU). I really don't know how to read the Twitter tea leaves though so it's all speculation on my part.

Campanile resigned after being passed over for OC and the fact that Rutgers is hot garbage. He’s coming here to coach TEs and recruit NJ, not run the team. It’s going to be pure gold if he starts having recruiting success down there.

Campanile resigned after being passed over for OC and the fact that Rutgers is hot garbage. He’s coming here to coach TEs and recruit NJ, not run the team. It’s going to be pure gold if he starts having recruiting success down there.
giphy.gif

We can thank orangenauburn for making this happen. ;)

(post 33)
Campanile, who just left Rutgers?
Think I may have beat him to it. All that really matters is that we got our guy.

Edit: shoutout to orangepassion because it seems he got there before me. CuseLegacy knows best!

Last edited:
I keep reading this comment, but it looks like campanile resigned 2 weeks ago (maybe after accepting SU). I really don't know how to read the Twitter tea leaves though so it's all speculation on my part.
Yeah and I figured the Nebraska coach was being let go as it’s a new staff there. All I’m saying is the original poster made it sound like we hired away b10 coaches when in reality both guys were on their way out/already fired.

Honestly I expected a hiring upgrade. I know we all liked some of the assistants ie swag daddy, but their job is to recruit and we’ve under performed over the years. We needed an upgrade. We all knew and Dino knew it as well.

Honestly I expected a hiring upgrade. I know we all liked some of the assistants ie swag daddy, but their job is to recruit and we’ve under performed over the years. We needed an upgrade. We all knew and Dino knew it as well.

Well lets see what they can do.

If he has OC aspirations, then I assume his time here will be short? Unless Beck gets poached in a year or two, which I suppose is entirely possible.

Then you should be very happy with this hire, right?
Very happy! However with the nil college football is over. I do not have any investment in power 5 but I still enjoy the ivy and patriot leagues.

Not for nothing but we don't want him to be our OC

I didn't think so, which is why if those are his aspirations, then that opportunity likely won't be available here just like it wasn't at Rutgers.

Very happy! However with the nil college football is over. I do not have any investment in power 5 but I still enjoy the ivy and patriot leagues.
I have no problem with that whatsoever, but shouldn’t you be on the Colgate … or Cornell message boards ( it seems you would want to post about teams your invested in )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom