New TE Coach: Nunzio Campanile | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

New TE Coach: Nunzio Campanile

For those wondering, we probably don't want Matt Aliaimo from Rutgers. He's a senior with one year left but has not done much of anything. Maybe he shouldn't have transferred from UCLA to Rutgers after his freshman season?

View attachment 224427
Same could've been said of Etta Amba Tawo coming from Maryland. If we can spare the scholly, absolutely take this kid for a 1-yr lease. Give me him, and Dan Villari as my 2-Deep at TE. And, move Gads to wide receiver, if we can't get a decent wr from the Portal. Although, if we can't get a decent wr from the Portal; oy vey.

Same could've been said of Etta Amba Tawo coming from Maryland. If we can spare the scholly, absolutely take this kid for a 1-yr lease. Give me him, and Dan Villari as my 2-Deep at TE. And, move Gads to wide receiver, if we can't get a decent wr from the Portal. Although, if we can't get a decent wr from the Portal; oy vey.
Maybe? I do like that he is 6'-5" and 250 lbs though as those are nice measurables. But he hasn't done anything for the last 3 years there, not just this past year. And at least Amba Etta Tawo had over 200 yds the previous two seasons and was playing behind other guys that produced a bit. I would think Villari is more athletic and should be better as a receiving option. But if we are looking for a better blocking TE, maybe Alaimo is a good blocker. But honestly I have no idea on that.

I like Gads where he is. He is very productive from that spot. We call it a TE but really he is primarily playing in the slot off the line. I wouldn't move him. I think that spot is targeted a lot by Shrader and I think he can get better use out of him where he is than if we put him outside. But maybe Villari develops this year and bumps Gadsden out wide for some plays.

Last edited:
Maybe? I do like that he is 6'-5" and 250 lbs though as those are nice measurables. But he hasn't done anything for the last 3 years there, not just this past year. And at least Amba Etta Tawo had over 200 yds the previous two seasons and was playing behind other guys that produced a bit. I would think Villari is more athletic and should be better as a receiving option. But maybe if we are looking for a better blocking TE maybe Alaimo is a good blocker but have no idea on that.

I like Gads where he is. We is very productive from his spot. We call it a TE but really he is primarily playing in the slot off the line. I wouldn't move him. I think that spot is targeted a lot by Shrader and I think he can get better use out of him where he is than if we put him outside. But maybe Villari develops this year and bumps Gadsden out wide for some plays.
And I would guess Nunzio would have a good feel for his talents and could give input on this subject. So I guess we'll see.

Maybe? I do like that he is 6'-5" and 250 lbs though as those are nice measurables. But he hasn't done anything for the last 3 years there, not just this past year. And at least Amba Etta Tawo had over 200 yds the previous two seasons and was playing behind other guys that produced a bit. I would think Villari is more athletic and should be better as a receiving option. But maybe if we are looking for a better blocking TE maybe Alaimo is a good blocker but have no idea on that.

I like Gads where he is. We is very productive from his spot. We call it a TE but really he is primarily playing in the slot off the line. I wouldn't move him. I think that spot is targeted a lot by Shrader and I think he can get better use out of him where he is than if we put him outside. But maybe Villari develops this year and bumps Gadsden out wide for some plays.
Yeah, definitely gives Gadsden an easier defender matchup. Think we gotta go a lotta "2" tight-end formations with Oronde plus 1.

Our OC, QB and OL play was not good. Our leading receiver had 42 catches for less than 500 yards. Shouldn’t use these stats as a gauge of potential, as ours was an offensively adverse situation.

I’m expecting you guys to be in the playoff talk next year. Please drop by before the fall with your season review of your path to a national championship.

Have heard we landed a huge NJ recruit already for this coming fall…
395F5BA6-5A3F-437B-85CC-CE1967FCD430.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom