New Transfer Windows | Syracusefan.com

New Transfer Windows

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt

College athletes in all sports will continue to be immediately eligible the first time they transfer, provided they notify their schools in writing during designated notification-of-transfer windows (as determined by their sport.)

The board adopted the following notification-of-transfer windows:

• Fall sports: a 45-day window beginning the day after championships selections are made in their sport, or May 1-15.
    • Reasonable accommodations will be made for participants in the Football Bowl Subdivision and Football Championship Subdivision championship games.
  • Winter sports: a 60-day window beginning the day after championships selections are made in the sport.
  • Spring sports: Dec. 1-15, or a 45-day window beginning the day after selections are made in the sport.
The legislation also establishes exceptions to the new windows for student-athletes who experience head coach changes or have athletics aid reduced, canceled or not renewed.

The board also adopted new, more specific standards for immediate eligibility waivers for student-athletes who do not otherwise meet the one-time transfer exception, focusing on student-athlete well-being or circumstances outside the student-athlete's control.

The board opted not to enact a new exception to the transfer rules that would allow student-athletes to transfer multiple times and be immediately eligible if they meet progress-toward-degree requirements at their new school. However, the board remains committed to continuing to study the impact of the new transfer rules in both the short and long term.

I think this is generally a positive step. You have commitment windows and recruiting windows. It's only right that there be transfer windows (portal), too.

It's too disruptive to teams to permit guys to announce they are transferring in mid-season. It hurts team morale, and I could easily see it snowball in certain situations. So, yay for that.

I think this is generally a positive step. You have commitment windows and recruiting windows. It's only right that there be transfer windows (portal), too.

It's too disruptive to teams to permit guys to announce they are transferring in mid-season. It hurts team morale, and I could easily see it snowball in certain situations. So, yay for that.

I dont think the window will impact morale. The players will know who is leaving, and guys will sit to avoid losing eligibility.

I dont think the window will impact morale. The players will know who is leaving, and guys will sit to avoid losing eligibility.

Public announcements make it worse, IMO. I hated that last season. It seemed like every week another guy or two quit.

Public announcements make it worse, IMO. I hated that last season. It seemed like every week another guy or two quit.

I hear you. I just respectfully disagree that the windows will change that. You may just have “x is no longer part of the team” instead of “x is transferring”. Or I could just see players say I am transferring still and just not put their names in the portal.

I am pretty sure guys can’t transfer midsession anyways, so I am a bit confused as to how these new windows fix the problem you are concerned with.

I hear you. I just respectfully disagree that the windows will change that. You may just have “x is no longer part of the team” instead of “x is transferring”. Or I could just see players say I am transferring still and just not put their names in the portal.

I am pretty sure guys can’t transfer midsession anyways, so I am a bit confused as to how these new windows fix the problem you are concerned with.

It was the public announcements of another guy "entering the portal". I want a black out on those announcements until the window.

It was the public announcements of another guy "entering the portal". I want a black out on those announcements until the window.

Unfortunately, I think you’ll still get those. I hope not though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom