New Uniforms Truly Horrible | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

New Uniforms Truly Horrible

In this photo, Hunt looks like he's wearing a Depends! I'm all for change, but the uniforms seem too "trendy". Too much swag and not enough tradition.

BlXos2qCEAA7sWB.jpg

Only the fans care about the tradition.

And I saw this tweet...

Donnie Webb ‏@Donnie_Webb 6h
I actually like new Syracuse ftb uniforms; congrats getting LSU to visit Dome; getting any SEC team to play road games these days is crazy

I at first didn't like them, but I am coming around to them. I will say they definitely look 2014. Hope they win in them, people will love them if they win. Kids like them.

In this photo, Hunt looks like he's wearing a Depends! I'm all for change, but the uniforms seem too "trendy". Too much swag and not enough tradition.

BlXos2qCEAA7sWB.jpg

I think there's a towel or something off-white in the background behind Hunt.

I agree, I wanted orange jerseys to be our base look for home games. Why? because we are the Orange, but when I think about it, when did syracuse football jerseys ever had alot of orange? For those historians, when have we historically ever worn a abundance of orange in syracuse football? Not talking about the all orange we wore on occasions
Well, pretty much for the past 50+ years.

The home unis have been orange helmet->blue jersey->orange pants.
The away unis orange helmet->white jersey->orange pants.

I can't believe you guys don't like these. These look great! The numbers are so-so, but everything else is pretty bad ass. I love the navy blue with the orange numbers and helmet. These are modern and look fantastic! This isn't 1955 anymore fellas!

Well, pretty much for the past 50+ years.

The home unis have been orange helmet->blue jersey->orange pants.
The away unis orange helmet->white jersey->orange pants.
yes they added blue pants but we have orange pants too. so whats the problem? Whats make it a orange uniform? the helmet, pants or jersey? I would say helmet and jersey first. Pants last. And we havent worn orange jerseys consistently the last 50 years

Full_Rebar said:
Just because I don't match my baseball hats to my sneakers every day and think Outkast is better than 2Chainz doesn't mean my opinion is pointless.

Are there people who actually would argue the reverse?

Outkast are hands down the best ever. Their first four albums were bananas (all this young versus old talk has me reverting back to high school and college talk)

I bet they'd also like them if there was more orange.

If there was more orange then there would be nothing for you guys to complain about.

phil77 said:
If there was more orange then there would be nothing for you guys to complain about.

Exactly. Aren't we the Syracuse Orange?

yes they added blue pants but we have orange pants too. so whats the problem? Whats make it a orange uniform? the helmet, pants or jersey? I would say helmet and jersey first. Pants last. And we havent worn orange jerseys consistently the last 50 years
You asked when we have "historically" worn an "abundance" of orange. My answer was the past 50+years, as I consider orange helmets and pants to constitute an orange-dominated uniform.

Man, old people really cant embrace change. Its good for the program. For you guys to not support the team because of this is pretty embarrassing.
you should embrace a reading class. who isn't going to support the team?

You asked when we have "historically" worn an "abundance" of orange. My answer was the past 50+years, as I consider orange helmets and pants to constitute an orange-dominated uniform.
so will you be happy when they wear the orange pants with the blue jersey?

That is my preference at home. Wear the white jerseys on the road. Any other combinations would be okay as a one-off.
I hear you. My preference for home games would be to wear orange jersey, orange helmets with white pants. Small amounts of blue showing