New Uniforms Truly Horrible | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

New Uniforms Truly Horrible

I hear you. My preference for home games would be to wear orange jersey, orange helmets with white pants. Small amounts of blue showing
I agree with 100% however our stupid presentation had Blue, White, Grey tops promoted in NYC and Destiny. I am okay with the helmets they are all good. However, why the F if we have Orange tops and we are being told we do have Orange tops as well weren't they modeled as well. If the team comes out in Orange tops its not going to be surprise this press conference yesterday should have had all the jerseys modeled.

I agree with 100% however our stupid presentation had Blue, White, Grey tops promoted in NYC and Destiny. I am okay with the helmets they are all good. However, why the F if we have Orange tops and we are being told we do have Orange tops as well weren't they modeled as well. If the team comes out in Orange tops its not going to be surprise this press conference yesterday should have had all the jerseys modeled.

Because the orange uniforms won't be ready until August.

You really didn't think that Nike would rearrange their entire production schedule just to make a couple of orange demo models in time for a press conference, did ya?

I agree. Orange uniforms are in production though, but thats not my beef. My beef is why weren't orange ones made first? The grey ones should have been made last since that is the alternate uniform

You really didn't think that Nike would rearrange their entire production schedule just to make a couple of orange demo models in time for a press conference, did ya?
I don't think it would be hard for Nike to produce 1 Orange top demo jersey to model. Are they selling the grey one already? I am glad you have this answer as I am sure it would alleviate a lot of tension from the fanbase grumbling for an orange top as well.

I don't think it would be hard for Nike to produce 1 Orange top demo jersey to model. Are they selling the grey one already? I am glad you have this answer as I am sure it would alleviate a lot of tension from the fanbase grumbling for an orange top as well.

They don't have anything available for retail sale yet. Not for a few months.

New FB jerseys usually hit the stores in late July or early August.

I agree. Orange uniforms are in production though, but thats not my beef. My beef is why weren't orange ones made first? The grey ones should have been made last since that is the alternate uniform
You hit the nail on the head. The orange ones should have produced well before the grey ones. It would have alleviated a lot of tension from the fanbase clamoring for orange in football jersey. I am okay with having a grey alternate as well. I was told we were going to have 4 combinations, but I don't get why only 3 were modeled. I would have waited another week or month for this press conference if Nike would have sent 1 Orange top to be demoed as well.

Eh, I don't know. We're talking about Nike here. I'm pretty sure they have the resources to do whatever they want whenever they want when it comes to this stuff. :noidea:

LOL - when we can consistently hit 45K in the dome we wont be half what those schools are. We are Syracuse University, not Alabama University. Dem Facts (Stolen from Bball baord)

What about Stanford?

You hit the nail on the head. The orange ones should have produced well before the grey ones. It would have alleviated a lot of tension from the fanbase clamoring for orange in football jersey. I am okay with having a grey alternate as well. I was told we were going to have 4 combinations, but I don't get why only 3 were modeled. I would have waited another week or month for this press conference if Nike would have sent 1 Orange top to be demoed as well.

Other than you, who has been "clamoring" for an orange jersey?

Other than you, who has been "clamoring" for an orange jersey?
Honest question are you serious? If you actually believe the fanbase isn't atleast 50/50 on this issue you are just trolling me. I know you and I have gone back and forth, but honestly you can't be serious with that question I think you are smarter than that. I don't think you believe I am on island on this issue because even people who disagree with on other things are on my side on wanting an orange top.

I'm sure it's been said before, but I love the new uni's. I love that they have 10's of different combination options between the blue, white, platinum and now orange jerseys, helmets, pants, etc. I am sure players will spice them up with orange under armour underneath, orange belts, socks, etc. Some people are making a mountain out of a mole hill with this. I'll admit my first impression was kinda meh, but as I learned about the tie ins with Ft Drum and the crossed arms I kinda fell in love with them! Even the numbers as bad as I thought they were at first.. And, I love the collar logo of the crossed 44! I will be buying a replacement for my McNabb era jersey now!

I guess I'm one of the few people who truly likes the uni's. My only disapointment is they didn't have more orange accent included (socks, sleeved shirts, facemasks, etc). But that will be there because there are so many combinations this will allow us. We now have cutting edge uniforms. It is like when a car releases a new model, and you see it on the road and say I like last year's model better! Then you see that car a few more times and say ya know what, I do like that new body style!

JrodCuse said:
I guess I'm one of the few people who truly likes the uni's. My only disapointment is they didn't have more orange accent included (socks, sleeved shirts, facemasks, etc). But that will be there because there are so many combinations this will allow us. We now have cutting edge uniforms. It is like when a car releases a new model, and you see it on the road and say I like last year's model better! Then you see that car a few more times and say ya know what, I do like that new body style!

Exactly. There are so many times I present a client with a much better updated version if something - and the client balks. I say "here's why I did what I did - and why don't you take a few days to think about it." Almost always - they come around.

Alsacs said:
Honest question are you serious? If you actually believe the fanbase isn't atleast 50/50 on this issue you are just trolling me. I know you and I have gone back and forth, but honestly you can't be serious with that question I think you are smarter than that. I don't think you believe I am on island on this issue because even people who disagree with on other things are on my side on wanting an orange top.

I've only seen a few people clamoring for an orange top. More want orange pants and helmet.

money3189 said:

That's my beef too but I think I know the answer. Their use is going to be minimal. They already announced the blues were home and whites away. Sure they can mix and match but I bet we don't see orange pants (or jersey) much at all.

Just have orange pants and helmets for all jersey combos.

These are great uniforms, the sooner the old folks get over the "tradition" and "lack of orange" the better. It's just annoying at this point.

Exactly. There are so many times I present a client with a much better updated version if something - and the client balks. I say "here's why I did what I did - and why don't you take a few days to think about it." Almost always - they come around.
wanna bet

Completely.

the first part was tongue in cheek but it's really really annoying to see 8 billion posts saying the same thing.
I hear ya, I agree it's annoying. Almost as annoying as our football team not wearing orange. :p

Look reality is that these uniforms are simply ugly and immature. When people are young they tend to like some trendy looks that with the passage of time are proved to be butt ugly. Time will show these uniforms to be pathetic Ten years from now people will look back and say OMG what were they thinking. For the younger people on the board you may not be old enough year to understand what I'm saying

Syracuse has always worn classy uniforms some of the best in college football for the past 40 or so years. I'm not one that cares about uniforms but these are failure in design and simply an embarrassment Only Maryland has worse.