New Uniforms? | Syracusefan.com

New Uniforms?

jekelish

Living Legend
I know, I know, not one of THESE threads...

But speaking of threads (oh MAN, that's a hell of a segue!)...

Saw this the other day: http://www.nunesmagician.com/2015/2...use-basketball-nike-hyper-elite-uniforms-duke

And then I just looked on Fanatics.com, and saw that their newest SU arrivals are those exact uniforms. Does anyone know if we were supposed to get new uniforms this year, and just aren't, now?

My guess: we were supposed to get new uniforms to show off in the ACC/NCAA Tourney, but with the postseason ban, that threw a wrench into things.

I don't really like the white shorts but other than that they look alright.

Coupled with the fact that Eastbay currently has all versions of our current shorts marked down that makes me think that this will be the last few games we see this particular iteration of uniforms, with the above taking their place sooner rather than later.

I really don't see much of a difference from our current uniforms.

I really don't see much of a difference from our current uniforms.
The difference is minimal. Mainly less platinum, and the panels down the sides of the shorts.

They're better than what we have, but not by much.

I don't like the arbitrary stripes on the shorts (probably at a 44 degree angle!!!). And get rid of the blue all-together, please.

The difference is minimal. Mainly less platinum, and the panels down the sides of the shorts.

Thats about it, they pretty much look the same. I wish we would wear those grey uniforms again, I liked them.

The more I look at these uniforms, I have to ask: are these the absolute simplest looking uniforms you've ever seen, or what?

I mean...these are the uniforms the world's most strident minimalist would design.

I agree with this. I just wish the "ORANGE" on the home jersey was orange, not white with orange trim. I hate when letters and numbers aren't the same color on a jersey.
Yeah, it looks stupid. I can see some young hipster designer at Nike thinking things like this are great ideas.

Does anyone know if we were supposed to get new uniforms this year, and just aren't, now?

My guess: we were supposed to get new uniforms to show off in the ACC/NCAA Tourney, but with the postseason ban, that threw a wrench into things.

They were waiting for the winning streak to reach 25 games before unveiling them.

They were waiting for the winning streak to reach 25 games before unveiling them.
It's going to blow everyone's minds when the FOOTBALL team runs out of the tunnel rocking these bad boys against URI.

I'm to the point where its whatever cause I expect them to suck and never be as good as our 90's "Syracuse" in script or the early 00's which were cool. I simply hope to completely eliminate grey since its not one of our colors and to never ever see navy jerseys or shorts for bball ever ever again.

Last edited:
I'm to the point where its whatever cause I expect them to suck and never be as good as our 90's "Syrcause" in script or the early 00's which were cool. I simply hope to completely eliminate grey since its not one of our colors and to never ever see navy jerseys or shorts for bball ever ever again.
Amen

I'm to the point where its whatever cause I expect them to suck and never be as good as our 90's "Syrcause" in script or the early 00's which were cool. I simply hope to completely eliminate grey since its not one of our colors and to never ever see navy jerseys or shorts for bball ever ever again.
The 1980's script, the Lawrence Moten and then 96 Final Four era, and the Carmelo era uniforms were the three best we've ever had.

EDIT - God, I loved these uniforms:

John-Wallace-Autographed-Syracuse-Action-8x10-Photograph-P12045409.jpg

i dont like the shorts. the jerseys seem very similar to what we already wear.

The 1980's script, the Lawrence Moten and then 96 Final Four era, and the Carmelo era uniforms were the three best we've ever had.

my favs are the carmelo era. shame they changed that the season after winning the nattie.

Completely agree! Can't we just cycle through those 3 sets from now on and let Nike put their newest fancy swoosh on them?

Strange the design of the shorts looks more late 90s than modern. I really like the current color panel design on the shorts that was a throw back to the 1970's SU uniforms. I actually think the white ORANGE with orange outline looks more modern so I like that change. The orange road jerseys were already good so I'm glad they didn't mess with those.

I still have a pair of those shorts (blue and orange) with that basketball shown in this picture on the left leg.

I still have a hat with the S orbiting the basketball thing. It was a unique logo. I liked it.

I happen to really like duct tape. I mean not only can you build an operational sailboat out of it (Mythbusters) but you can use it to hold uniforms together. I hope the new unis have Velcro too. :)