New unis: Hate is a strong word... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New unis: Hate is a strong word...

Regarding grey, its a base color. Its the new white.

I don't really agree with that. While orange and blue are Su's colors, white has almost always been used in some way like most schools. That's why nobody complains about the white uni's. We have never used Georgetown gray.

Sent from my DROIDX

I don't really agree with that. While orange and blue are Su's colors, white has almost always been used in some way like most schools. That's why nobody complains about the white uni's. We have never used Georgetown gray.

Sent from my DROIDX

That's exactly my point. White has been used for many schools as a base home color. In Nike's display today, all of the new uni's were gray instead of white. Obviously, they are pushing to change up the base colors.

That's the reason why i don't understand how anybody equates these with Gtown. Uconn wears white at home, so do we. Why are we not upset that we are wearing the same color uni's as Uconn's home colors?

If anything, there is more Orange in these than there are in our current home jerseys. As long as there is Orange in the jerseys, all is well. The gray is just the background color and we aren't the only ones going to it.

I would venture a guess that if we investigated that love/hate poll to see the average ages of both sides...you'd see far more older posters on the 'hate' side of these (I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions though).

In part, yes, because they are used to things being a certain way (traditionalists), but also...because they have a stronger hate for Georgetown than the younger generation. If you think grey is evil then it doesn't really matter what the jersey looks like.

We've had the GTown vs. UConn rivalry debate before and I think that's relevant to this topic as well.

I would venture a guess that if we investigated that love/hate poll to see the average ages of both sides...you'd see far more older posters on the 'hate' side of these (I'm sure there are plenty of exceptions though).

In part, yes, because they are used to things being a certain way (traditionalists), but also...because they have a stronger hate for Georgetown than the younger generation. If you think grey is evil then it doesn't really matter what the jersey looks like.

We've had the GTown vs. UConn rivalry debate before and I think that's relevant to this topic as well.

UConn is the rival. Georgetown is the enemy.

Case closed.

44cuse

That's exactly my point. White has been used for many schools as a base home color. In Nike's display today, all of the new uni's were gray instead of white. Obviously, they are pushing to change up the base colors.

That's the reason why i don't understand how anybody equates these with Gtown. Uconn wears white at home, so do we. Why are we not upset that we are wearing the same color uni's as Uconn's home colors?

If anything, there is more Orange in these than there are in our current home jerseys. As long as there is Orange in the jerseys, all is well. The gray is just the background color and we aren't the only ones going to it.

We even used to wear white football pants. Gray relates to GTown. White relates to everyone.

We even used to wear white football pants. Gray relates to GTown. White relates to everyone.

That's not the case anymore. Look at the stage today. We weren't the only ones in gray. It was THE base color for all 8 jerseys. And look at many other college football unis this year (i.e Ok State). Gray is the new white.

That's not the case anymore. Look at the stage today. We weren't the only ones in gray. It was THE base color for all 8 jerseys. And look at many other college football unis this year (i.e Ok State). Gray is the new white.

I know we were 1 of 9 on the stage. Very few fans of the other schools like theirs either. I forget who, but someone at CBS was mocking them too. That uni does not say UNC Tarheels, or SU Orange, or Florida Gators, etc. Go with the navy blue ones, even permanently, and it's cool. I have no problem with the uni itself.

My opinion:

grey.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom