New unis: Hate is a strong word... | Syracusefan.com

New unis: Hate is a strong word...

44cuse

All Conference
...is there a stronger word?

Seriously...what am I missing? These things are awful.

44cuse

I like them although if the orange color is more like Tennessee than SU, I won't.

I always felt loathe or detest were stronger. So you may use those if you'd like. But its all about feel and personal preference.

Main Entry:
hate  [heyt] Show IPA
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: extreme dislike
Synonyms: abhorrence, abomination, anathema, animosity, animus, antagonism, antipathy, aversion, black beast, bother, bugbear, bête noire, detestation, disgust, enmity, execration, frost*, grievance, gripe, hatred, horror, hostility, ill will, irritant, loathing, malevolence, malignity, mislike, nasty look, no love lost, nuisance, objection, odium, pain, rancor, rankling, repugnance, repulsion, resentment, revenge, revulsion, scorn, spite, trouble, venom
Notes: hate means to 'dislike intensely, loathe' and despise means 'look down on contemptuously'
Antonyms: liking, love, loving

Main Entry:
hate  [heyt] Show IPA
Part of Speech: noun
Definition: extreme dislike
Synonyms: abhorrence, abomination, anathema, animosity, animus, antagonism, antipathy, aversion, black beast, bother, bugbear, bête noire, detestation, disgust, enmity, execration, frost*, grievance, gripe, hatred, horror, hostility, ill will, irritant, loathing, malevolence, malignity, mislike, nasty look, no love lost, nuisance, objection, odium, pain, rancor, rankling, repugnance, repulsion, resentment, revenge, revulsion, scorn, spite, trouble, venom
Notes: hate means to 'dislike intensely, loathe' and despise means 'look down on contemptuously'
Antonyms: liking, love, loving

I think I'll go with loathe. I cannot believe how awful these things are. Are there people who like these things?

44cuse

Apparently the two other threads currently going strong on this same topic.

Who cares? Slow news day. We've got a 15 page deep thread about whether or not there are elitist elements of this board and whether anyone actually knows any inside information.

Who gives a crap...the unis suck. There should be 500 threads about how awful they are.

44cuse

I think I'll go with loathe. I cannot believe how awful these things are. Are there people who like these things?

44cuse

There are a lot more of us than you think. I would say the board is probably a 60/40 split. I figured you would like these as a one-time thing.

There are a lot more of us than you think. I would say the board is probably a 60/40 split. I figured you would like these as a one-time thing.

Do you like `em? I WANTED to like them...but then when I saw them, I just didn't. Grey numbers on grey uni? Is it just a one-time thing? G'Town is grey...But I was serious...I want someone to convince me to like them.

And back at ya: I've seen your football gameday uniform. It's 0ld school enough that I thought you would hate these. ;)

I dunno...I just love our uni colors as they are.

44cuse

Messages per Like. The WHIP of Syracusefan.com.
LOL...the day I start caring or making decisions based on that...kill me. Been here (and the sites before this one) for WAY too long. Means absolutely nothing. 10 years from now...it'll mean more.

Man I hope you were kidding. I do like WHIP ratios though. And WP48...so advanced stats are good things.

44cuse

Do you like `em? I WANTED to like them...but then when I saw them, I just didn't. Grey numbers on grey uni? Is it just a one-time thing? G'Town is grey...But I was serious...I want someone to convince me to like them.

And back at ya: I've seen your football gameday uniform. It's 0ld school enough that I thought you would hate these. ;)

I dunno...I just love our uni colors as they are.

44cuse

The only quibble I have are the numbers. Wish they were completely Orange but I can live with it. Regarding grey, its a base color. Its the new white. Nobody says they hate our white home jerseys because Uconn wears home whites too. I don't understand the whole "we look like Gtown thing". When I see these, I don't think about Gtown at all. Nike is simply pushing gray as a new base uni color. I think the Orange on the sides "pops" much more against the gray of the uni than against white.

I'm not head over heels in love with it, but I certainly like more than dislike. And I certainly like more than our current home unis (which I don't care for at all). I still think our Orange roadies are my favorite uni we have.

I'm just surprised. You normally don't go "old man" on things like this. I thought this would be right up your alley. C'mon, even KingOtto thinks they are sweet.

Honestly, its all for one game anyhow so it certainly isn't that big of a deal either way.

The only quibble I have are the numbers. Wish they were completely Orange but I can live with it. Regarding grey, its a base color. Its the new white. Nobody says they hate our white home jerseys because Uconn wears home whites too. I don't understand the whole "we look like Gtown thing". When I see these, I don't think about Gtown at all. Nike is simply pushing gray as a new base uni color. I think the Orange on the sides "pops" much more against the gray of the uni than against white.

I'm not head over heels in love with it, but I certainly like more than dislike. And I certainly like more than our current home unis (which I don't care for at all). I still think our Orange roadies are my favorite uni we have.

I'm just surprised. You normally don't go "old man" on things like this. I thought this would be right up your alley. C'mon, even KingOtto thinks they are sweet.

Honestly, its all for one game anyhow so it certainly isn't that big of a deal either way.

I can't believe how much I have been going "old man" over the last 5 months. Tipphill's post on the football board about 3 months back talking about the old days of college football basically brought a tear to my eye and I think it's my favorite post of the last couple years. I was thinking the other day how different Fall will be without JoePa.

And now this. I AM freaking going all "old man." What.

44cuse

As an SID, my biggest problem with the unis is the fact it's damn hard to differentiate the numbers from the rest of the jersey. There's nothing more frustrating when you stat a game than not being able to read the freaking numbers.

I can't believe how much I have been going "old man" over the last 5 months. Tipphill's post on the football board about 3 months back talking about the old days of college football basically brought a tear to my eye and I think it's my favorite post of the last couple years. I was thinking the other day how different Fall will be without JoePa.

And now this. I AM freaking going all "old man." What.

44cuse

Say it aint so Matt!!

Say it aint so Matt!!

Still capable of 12 beers and then cocktails for hours. Or vodka in a lemonade container at USC. :) Can't be that old. (of course I'd be crushed the next day)

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom