New WR Coach: Michael Johnson | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

New WR Coach: Michael Johnson

10 guys there probably finished off around $300

Drop in the bucket for coach
I’ve never been there, but have been to other Brazilian steakhouses and it is approximately $35-50 / person for the endless meat/salad bar.

That's a nice restaurant...and not cheap
It's one of the better chains out there. I'm not a huge fan of chain restaurants but I like that place.

I didn't realize coaches were allowed to pay for dinner for students, no matter what the amount. Another rule change in the last 10 years or so?

Who can name them left to right ( kneeler last)?
I will try. Let’s start by noting a number of the WRs do not appear in this picture.

From left to right…

Standing

Elijah Jones
Damien (not Steve) Alford
MSU transfer CJ Hayes
Kendall Long
Anthony Queeley
Javontae Williams
Sam Warren
Donovan Brown
Coach Johnson

Kneeling

Umari Hatcher

I didn't realize coaches were allowed to pay for dinner for students, no matter what the amount. Another rule change in the last 10 years or so?
You see a lot of pictures on Twitter of coaches at different schools occasionally taking the kids out for a meal or feeding them at home. My guess is that the school is probably paying for the kids' dinner.

The experience he has is unmatched for a guy coming in to coach WRs.

He coached Mike Vick in the pros. Geez, this guy has been an OC three times, I believe.

Last edited:

I think he's saying we've got about 4 former coordinators or head coaches on our staff, or candidates to take over. Let's put it this way; if this way Boeheim's staff, I would feel a whole lot better about promoting from within house.

You see a lot of pictures on Twitter of coaches at different schools occasionally taking the kids out for a meal or feeding them at home. My guess is that the school is probably paying for the kids' dinner.

That used to be an infraction when I was being recruited.

I will try. Let’s start by noting a number of the WRs do not appear in this picture.

From left to right…

Standing

Elijah Jones
Damien (not Steve) Alford
MSU transfer CJ Hayes
Kendall Long
Anthony Queeley
Javontae Williams
Sam Warren
Donovan Brown
Coach Johnson

Kneeling

Umari Hatcher
Update: The kid with the blond hair is Kyle Acker, not Sam Warren. I believe he is a new walk on from IMG. Just appeared on the spring roster. Never heard of him before.

Update: The kid with the blond hair is Kyle Acker, not Sam Warren. I believe he is a new walk on from IMG. Just appeared on the spring roster. Never heard of him before.
Kyle Acker is from my town, Ballston Lake. We’re about 30 minutes north of Albany, next to Clifton Park and just south of Saratoga.

Kyle Acker is from my town, Ballston Lake. We’re about 30 minutes north of Albany, next to Clifton Park and just south of Saratoga.
Also played LAX for Shen. I believe he is the 1st Shen football player at Syracuse.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom