New WR Coach: Michael Johnson | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

New WR Coach: Michael Johnson

Would guess our budget for assistant coaches went up by somewhere in the 35-50% range since last season.

Anae and Beck had to be expensive to bring on board. Monroe and Schmidt also got promotions and presumably raises as well. Add in Johnson and wow, you have to be impressed by the work JW has been able to do to get all these coaches on the staff.

Bottom line is, if you want to win, you need to spend some money.
And we hired a special teams coach with a lot of experience.

Per USA Today article average pay for an ( ACC ) assistant coach is $ 483,397 per year, average pay for a Sun Belt assistant coach is $ 187,346.
Interesting. Assume that factors in Coordinators?

Interesting. Assume that factors in Coordinators?
The article only mentioned assistant coaches but it did say some P5 coordinators are making 1.5 to 2.5 million per year.

Great article.

EXCELLENT. I'm old and grumpy, sometimes. (but only for football, lol) Things like the turnover chain, and teams that lack discipline, piss me off.

What I get form this article? Johnson may be one of the "good guys." Seems he puts Discipline #1, but isn't stuck in "old guy" mentality. Smart enough to know he needs to establish a good relationship with players, FIRST. His former players flat out said it, in this article. Not a platitude to get a job. I don't care if you're 70,60,50 or 18. If you are going to accept someone in a leadership role? The requirement is to earn your respect, first.

My hope is that Beck/Anae/Johnson can bring that respect/belief back to the offensive side of the ball. I'm pretty sure the line believes in Schmidt. (and they'll all fight for Lynch). Gimmee that same respect for QB/OC/ WR coach? Now we're having a conversation....

I know there are some analysts on the staff already, but any chance there are $ in the budget for DB to hire another analyst or two, like a Mitch Browning?

I know there are some analysts on the staff already, but any chance there are $ in the budget for DB to hire another analyst or two, like a Mitch Browning?
Or recruiting assistants. Two areas where I hope we're investing, to keep up with the joneses (without going overboard).

Or recruiting assistants. Two areas where I hope we're investing, to keep up with the joneses (without going overboard).
Looks like it as Syracuse just posted a couple jobs.

Director of Football Analytics and
Director of Player Development

https://www.sujobopps.com/postings/search?utf8=✓&query=Football&query_v0_posted_at_date=&query_position_type_id%5B%5D=1&commit=Search

Looks like it as Syracuse just posted a couple jobs.

Director of Football Analytics and
Director of Player Development

https://www.sujobopps.com/postings/search?utf8=✓&query=Football&query_v0_posted_at_date=&query_position_type_id%5B%5D=1&commit=Search
As far as I can tell, both positions are new to Syracuse.

But both exist at Virginia. Both are staffed by Bronco guys from Utah. Guessing Elliott is probably going to want to bring in people he is more familiar with. Both might be interested in also moving north.

Edwards is the grandson of legendary BYU HC Lavell Edwards.

Le
As far as I can tell, both positions are new to Syracuse.

But both exist at Virginia. Both are staffed by Bronco guys from Utah. Guessing Elliott is probably going to want to bring in people he is more familiar with. Both might be interested in also moving north.

Edwards is the grandson of legendary BYU HC Lavell Edwards.
Lets higher both of them.

1500x500

Can we get a little smile?
I think he always looks like that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online