New WR Coach / Passing Game Coordinator: Ross Douglas (Official) | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

New WR Coach / Passing Game Coordinator: Ross Douglas (Official)

Youngest position coach In the NFL.

From Avon, Ohio, just west of Cleveland.

Guessing he might get passing game coordinator as an additional title.

This has to be the youngest staff of any P5 team. A little scared at the lack of experience, but no one will have more energy than these guys.
I think it’s pretty clear, Brown wants to provide a platform for guys who remind him of himself, young hungry hard workers who have a passion for it and the chops to win at all aspects of life. He wants them to get their “chops” here and move up in the world quickly. He clearly wants to be the guy to give a shot to those who need it / earned it.

I suspect we will be a young staff for a very long time. Hopefully with some experience sprinkled in somewhere… but primarily young and hungry up and comers are going to be the guys Fran seems to want around

IMG_1623.jpeg
It seems one of Browns priorities in his staff is “young and hungry” to go with “ hard workers and Relationship builders”

I think it’s pretty clear, Brown wants to provide a platform for guys who remind him of himself, young hungry hard workers who have a passion for it and the chops to win at all aspects of life. He wants them to get their “chops” here and move up in the world quickly. He clearly wants to be the guy to give a shot to those who need it / earned it.

I suspect we will be a young staff for a very long time. Hopefully with some experience sprinkled in somewhere… but primarily young and hungry up and comers are going to be the guys Fran seems to want around

That all these guys want to join him on this staff shows how much charisma he has. People wind up orbiting around him.

Great job hiring a staff by Coach Brown so far.

Breakdown of the coaching staff announced to date and their ages…

Coach Position Age
Fran Brown HC 41

Jeff Nixon OC/RB 49
Michael Johnson QB? 56
Ross Douglas WR 29
Nunzio Campanile TE 46
TBD OL TBD

Elijah Robinson DC/DT 38
Nick Williams DE 34
Robert Wright LB 30?
TBD CB TBD
TBD S TBD

This is based on Coach Brown replicating how Georgia currently configures their coaching staff. They have a special teams coordinator but he is classified as an analyst. The year before 2023, Georgia had a special teams coach and only one DB coach. Though Muschamp was coaching the safeties that season and was considered an analyst.

Everyone on the coaches for the offense has coached for at least a couple of years in the NFL except Nunzio.

So far, it is the youngest staff I have ever seen at Syracuse. Frank Maloney might have hired a younger one when he was hired in 1974. He was really young and I believe most of the coaches he hired were also young. Can’t easily verify this though since a bunch of them have fallen off the map and I can’t even approximate their age.

I would like to see a coach with a lot of experience added on the defensive side. Would also like to see someone with ties to Florida annd/or the DMV area added to the staff with the remaining hires. We have New Jersey covered.

Great job hiring a staff by Coach Brown so far.

Breakdown of the coaching staff announced to date and their ages…

Coach Position Age
Fran Brown HC 41

Jeff Nixon OC/RB 49
Michael Johnson QB? 56
Ross Douglas WR 29
Nunzio Campanile TE 46
TBD OL TBD

Elijah Robinson DC/DT 38
Nick Williams DE 34
Robert Wright LB 30?
TBD CB TBD
TBD S TBD

This is based on Coach Brown replicating how Georgia currently configures their coaching staff. They have a special teams coordinator but he is classified as an analyst. The year before 2023, Georgia had a special teams coach and only one DB coach. Though Muschamp was coaching the safeties that season and was considered an analyst.

Everyone on the coaches for the offense has coached for at least a couple of years in the NFL except Nunzio.

So far, it is the youngest staff I have ever seen at Syracuse. Frank Maloney might have hired a younger one when he was hired in 1974. He was really young and I believe most of the coaches he hired were also young. Can’t easily verify this though since a bunch of them have fallen off the map and I can’t even approximate their age.

I would like to see a coach with a lot of experience added on the defensive side. Would also like to see someone with ties to Florida annd/or the DMV area added to the staff with the remaining hires. We have New Jersey covered.
I'd expect that we may see a couple up and comers who are aggressive and strong recruiters to round out the D

And an experience guy for OL

This has to be the youngest staff of any P5 team. A little scared at the lack of experience, but no one will have more energy than these guys.

Ohio... Hopefully has strong recruiting connections there as well.

✅ on the list if so...

green and growing red and rotten.:)

OL coach is literally the only position I care about getting an experienced COACH in. Thought we took a huge step back this year. Need a teacher there.
Someone from this list perhaps…?
5F1A2B57-31F0-4FDD-9B0F-44F99FBDCDC8.png