Class of 2017 - New York State of Mind | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 New York State of Mind

orangefog

Certified Message Board Genius
This class could potentially be nearly all from the state of New York. My dream is to have six recruits (if needed) and it is possible that they could be all but one from New York. Bamba, Richards, Diallo, Tucker, Wright...all from New York. And then the point guard, Green, from Philly. I like Philly guards, but can you imagine having a class full of NY guys and none of them being a point guard? Anyway, I thought it was cool that we may get so many NY guys for NY's college team.

This class could potentially be nearly all from the state of New York. My dream is to have six recruits (if needed) and it is possible that they could be all but one from New York. Bamba, Richards, Diallo, Tucker, Wright...all from New York. And then the point guard, Green, from Philly. I like Philly guards, but can you imagine having a class full of NY guys and none of them being a point guard? Anyway, I thought it was cool that we may get so many NY guys for NY's college team.

I kind of won't believe it until they commit. We have not gotten nearly as many NY guys over the years as you would think (unless they were from Upstate).

Definitely something I've wanted for a while. With the down trend among the numbers of NY kids over the last decade or so, and the spread out national attention to all the newer grounds like Texas, etc., it would be great to get back to producing numbers of talented NY kids again.

Meh, I'm ambivalent where they're from. We've historically done pretty well in the Baltimore/Washington area too.