News Can't Get Any Worse! | Syracusefan.com

News Can't Get Any Worse!

We just lost a recruiting battle to New Hampshire, as Dalton Crossan just committed to UNH... When will Marrone get his head out of his a$$ and stop losing recruiting battles?

Marrone.

UNH is very good at the FCS level. If we're going to compete with FCS teams, might as well compete with the good ones. ;)

NEWSFLASH - Greg Robinson to take defensive coordinator coaching position at Syracuse!

JK -- that must put the above news in some perspective, right?

LOL the funny part is some people on this board will actually believe Dalton Chose UNH over SU.

Shaking my head how can we compete against this? It just isn't fair.

cowell3.jpg

Pretty soon we'll be losing recruits to Allen, TX HS
http://www.texasbob.com/stadium/stadium.php?id=1292

SU can't hang with the big state schools. Or even the little state schools. ;)

LOL the funny part is some people on this board will actually believe Dalton Chose UNH over SU.

Don't know how true this is but Crossan is saying he still had an offer from SU...although I read somewhere that it had been pulled at some point

Shaking my head how can we compete against this? It just isn't fair.

cowell3.jpg
Seems clear to me:
  • Outdoor stadium!
  • easy parking access for his parents
  • tailgate tent right next to the stadium (convenient for his parents)
  • no snow! (I don't see any in that picture)

Don't know how true this is but Crossan is saying he still had an offer from SU...although I read somewhere that it had been pulled at some point

He had a conditional offer from SU, basically was a plan B if we didnt land any of our RB recruits, once we got our top target there was no offer. Best of luck to the kid but theres a reason hes headed to UNH

He had a conditional offer from SU, basically was a plan B if we didnt land any of our RB recruits, once we got our top target there was no offer. Best of luck to the kid but theres a reason hes headed to UNH

Agree with you there...

Good luck to Dalton i bet he has a great time at UNH

You all laugh, but I'm not so sure we beat NH the way we played this season.

We just lost a recruiting battle to New Hampshire, as Dalton Crossan just committed to UNH... When will Marrone get his head out of his a$$ and stop losing recruiting battles?
Chill a little. Crossan chose to go somewhere he knew he could succeed vs taking a chance on riding the bench for 4-5 years. Whether he still had an offer or not is irrelevant. No doubt he'll star at UNH...and what is all that green stuff surrounding the stadium? Good choice by the young man.

How long now before Rutgers drops New Ham from their schedule?

Chill a little. Crossan chose to go somewhere he knew he could succeed vs taking a chance on riding the bench for 4-5 years. Whether he still had an offer or not is irrelevant. No doubt he'll star at UNH...and what is all that green stuff surrounding the stadium? Good choice by the young man.
you badly missed the sarcasm, my friend.

you badly missed the sarcasm, my friend.
Apparently. Probably because you weren't over the top and some on this board would make the same statement with sincerity. Won't happen again...until the next time. :rolleyes: (And I'm usually so good with sarcasm. )

I don't usually post on blogs but as Dalton's High School Football coach I needed to straighten out and clear the Syracuse staff of losing out to UNH. The Syracuse offer was a contingent offer based on what happened with the other recruits they were looking at. The Syracuse offer never became a solid offer after the recruits Syracuse was able to get to commit (They were looking for a bigger back). Dalton has decided on UNH and will do very well at that level.

As a HS coach in NY State I just wanted to point out that Coach Marrone and the Syracuse staff have done an incredible job re-establishing dialog with all of the NYSHSFCA members after many years of not hearing from Syracuse at all.

I don't usually post on blogs but as Dalton's High School Football coach I needed to straighten out and clear the Syracuse staff of losing out to UNH. The Syracuse offer was a contingent offer based on what happened with the other recruits they were looking at. The Syracuse offer never became a solid offer after the recruits Syracuse was able to get to commit (They were looking for a bigger back). Dalton has decided on UNH and will do very well at that level.

As a HS coach in NY State I just wanted to point out that Coach Marrone and the Syracuse staff have done an incredible job re-establishing dialog with all of the NYSHSFCA members after many years of not hearing from Syracuse at all.

Thanks for posting

Thanks for the insight. Please post more often!

Good luck to him. UNH is a good place to play.

Best of luck to him. Your last statement is very encouraging. It would be a pleasure if you stopped by every so often in the coming years and let us know how DC's career progresses.

awesome baby-thanx for the post