News Coverage of the Accident is sickening | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

News Coverage of the Accident is sickening

Status
Not open for further replies.
The media is dead in this country. Probably been dead longer than we want to believe. It's all click bait and opinion nonsense all the way around.
That's silly. Is there more sketchy "reporting" available for public consumption today? No doubt. But there are still plenty of legitimate journalists going about their business every day with integrity. To suggest otherwise is simplistic and dishonest.

Jay Williams talking now about how boeheim coaching is a mistake. Mental health expert apparently

Help me understand why what you're implying might be good.
There should be a penalty for not trying to get it right. As of now, the press can run with a story from an alleged "source" which may or may not exist, without trying to find out if it is true, and there is no consequence.
JB is a great example. On the air, it was reported that he had been drinking and he had left the scene. Neither was true, not even remotely. For some consumers, that is indelibly imprinted. Any thing else that is reported will be seen as a cover up. JB's reputation takes a hit, all due to lack of due diligence.
The kid at the March with a MAGA hat is another great example. Be reporters, not click bait managers.
Do your job, before you report.

Last edited:
Jay Williams talking now about how boeheim coaching is a mistake. Mental health expert apparently
I'll be watching Gameday to see if Jay says the same thing. I've never really cared for him to be honest. I've been on the fence about coaching ever since this happened. It is not up to me to give an opinion, nor should Jay or any other analyst. They should simply say they are fine with whatever decision JB makes, and so am I. Only one person's opinion really matters here.

If I recall correctly, he has some experience in dealing with traumatic events in which he was personally involved.
I think he should have added, "based upon my experience", "this is just my opinion, and there is no right answer" and " I trust Jim to make the best decision for him." He could have shared his own experience.

If I recall correctly, he has some experience in dealing with traumatic events in which he was personally involved.
I think he should have added, "based upon my experience", "this is just my opinion, and there is no right answer" and " I trust Jim to make the best decision for him." He could have shared his own experience.

Wasn’t he restricted from playing because of his injuries anyways? Even if mentally it may have been an option, physically he had no option. I don’t even see the correlation between his situation and JB’s. Sorry but personally I think it’s a pretty arrogant take by him even trying to judge.

JB is fortunate that the first game after the accident is a home game. He will see a lot of BS atvaway games this year, and perhaps forever.

I don’t think so.

Will there be a few idiots? Almost surely.

Will the sane people in their crowd boo these people down? I would think so.

Big East crowds threw bananas at Ewing and dressed in prison orange jumpsuits for Alan Iverson.

What a 19 year old trying to impress his friends will do has almost no lower limit.

Some on the people here complaining about the media are the same ones who link to trash websites on the OT board so yeah maybe work on that self awareness tia.
Good call.

Jay is such a dumbas$. He really is. Just not a bright guy.

Wasn’t he restricted from playing because of his injuries anyways? Even if mentally it may have been an option, physically he had no option. I don’t even see the correlation between his situation and JB’s. Sorry but personally I think it’s a pretty arrogant take by him even trying to judge.
Life changing event. How it impacts someone.
There is no right or wrong answer, or opinion, in my view.

If the media is dead — and I disagree — we’re finished as a democracy.

It’s not dead, but its in very bad condition.

When I was an SU student, you could look to the New York Times or the Washington Post or even network news as the responsible adults in the room. No longer. Partisan politics has invaded every aspect of the newspaper from basic coverage of news to the comics.

And justifiably concerned that they might go out of business, they have reached out for the life raft of sensationalism and attempts to scare the crap out of everyone everyday.

It’s not dead, but its in very bad condition.

When I was an SU student, you could look to the New York Times or the Washington Post or even network news as the responsible adults in the room. No longer. Partisan politics has invaded every aspect of the newspaper from basic coverage of news to the comics.

And justifiably concerned that they might go out of business, they have reached out for the life raft of sensationalism and attempts to scare the crap out of everyone everyday.

We’d be in an even worst place if not for some of the great investigative journalism by the Washington Post, NY Times and a few others. They are the responsible adults. It’s the other click-bait news organizations that create the havoc, but most people aren’t smart enough to discern between the two. If anything, Trump is the one scaring us everyday and baiting his base by calling the media the enemy of the people.

We’d be in an even worst place if not for some of the great investigative journalism by the Washington Post, NY Times and a few others. They are the responsible adults. It’s the other click-bait news organizations that create the havoc, but most people aren’t smart enough to discern between the two. If anything, Trump is the one scaring us everyday and baiting his base by calling the media the enemy of the people.

Would that “great investigative journalism” include the hatchet job they did on the Covington students?

They are trying to hide behind the 1st Amendment on that one claiming these high school kids made themselves “public figures”. But not ever arguing with the fact that their coverage was a politically-driven bunch of complete garbage.

Would that “great investigative journalism” include the hatchet job they did on the Covington students?

They are trying to hide behind the 1st Amendment on that one claiming these high school kids made themselves “public figures”. But not ever arguing with the fact that their coverage was a politically-driven bunch of complete garbage.

Well, I still think those kids are a bunch of entitled punks. But that’s another story. Condemning the Post for one story shouldn’t oveshadow all the good work they’ve done. How many bad stories has Fox News done? Hundreds.

Well, I still think those kids are a bunch of entitled punks. But that’s another story. Condemning the Post for one story shouldn’t oveshadow all the good work they’ve done. How many bad stories has Fox News done? Hundreds.

You obviously haven’t done the reading on this. The kids were the ones under attack, not the phony Vietnam veteran (also reported but disproven). And the Post could have easily established all of this by looking at all the videos.

And what does Fox news has to do with any of this? Is the idea that the other side lies, bends the news for ideological, political reasons, so we can too?

You obviously haven’t done the reading on this. The kids were the ones under attack, not the phony Vietnam veteran (also reported but disproven). And the Post could have easily established all of this by looking at all the videos.

And what does Fox news has to do with any of this? Is the idea that the other side lies, bends the news for ideological, political reasons, so we can too?

I’ve read plenty about the incident. I’ve watched all of the videos My point is you’re being overly critical of the Post when they do so much good work.

But I know I’m never going to win an argument with you. It’s the reason I almost never take a political stance here. I want to still like my SU friendZ

Status
Not open for further replies.