Next 5 are very winnable | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Next 5 are very winnable

One game at a time. Let’s beat a BC team next week who got hammered today.

I do find the BC game incredibly intriguing...their guards didn't seem to have much trouble with UVA...at all. Whereas GT seemed to give them fits. How that develops, our backcourt vs theirs, should be interesting.

Last edited:
I do find the BC game incredibly intriguing...their guards didn't seem to have much trouble with UVA...at all. Whereas GT seemed to give them fits. How that develops, our backcourt vs theirs, should be interesting.

Does the purple haired kid that's torched the zone still play for BC?

I think he meant "show up" with quotes, as in actually doing something useful(for our team, being it looks like specificity is required here). I doubt he meant filling the seats and the university's coffers while playing with their mobile devices, but I will try to remain open to your interpretation.

The literal showing up has been relatively useless compared to the student selections of many other teams, as noted time and time again on here. I guess I'm glad I'm here to clarify the more intricate posts. smh
joke went over your head 3.gif

It’s been done. They are the ones that crashed our 25 game win streak, and we lost most of our games after that one. :(

Uh, sorry to break it to you, but -
We have NOT “lost most of our games after that one”.

JB has never had a losing season.
And there have been several seasons come and gone since we went 25-0.

I know - math is hard.

Now, it may feel that way, but JB continues to do JB things, which is winning more games than he loses.

I know - math is hard.

Now, it may feel that way, but JB continues to do JB things, which is winning more games than he loses.

I think beadle meant a losing record the rest of the way for that one season.

Let’s say we do somehow manage to win the next 5. That puts us at 14-7 with multiple ACC road wins and one quad 1 win over UVA. Puts us squarely on the bubble again. Then we have our 3 toughest games in February. Need to at least win one of them, probably 2. Still a ton of work to do, but it’s possible.

Young teams like this often lose games they should win and win games they should lose. The key to me is that they continue to learn from their mistakes while the vets step up and be leaders.

While Virginia isn't the best offense they do rebound well and I thought the Cuse guys fought hard for rebounds the whole game. Fouls like that I can deal with, the silly slap don't move your feet fouls, not so much.

I like the cut of your jib.
One's general appearance or personality, as in I don't like the cut of Ben's jib. In the 17th century the shape of the jib sail often identified a vessel's nationality, and hence whether it was hostile or friendly. The term was being used figuratively by the early 1800s, often to express like or dislike for someone.

Hate to break it to you, but we will be favored by at least 9.

Oh, we might win - I think we may struggle with their guards a bit. Although they didn't fare so well against Ga Tech, so I'm throwing it into the toss-up bin! As most games will be imo. Depends if we make shots! :)

Why is that being "broke" to me in such a concerned fashion anyway? You always post this...is it THAT relevant?

Who was favored 3 games ago? Us? Who won?
Who was favored 2 games ago? Us? Who won?
Who was favored last game? Them? Who won?

Are you trying to tell me we're going to lose?

Oh, we might win - I think we may struggle with their guards a bit. Although they didn't fare so well against Ga Tech, so I'm throwing it into the toss-up bin! As most games will be imo. Depends if we make shots! :)

Why is that being "broke" to me in such a concerned fashion anyway? You always post this...is it THAT relevant?

Who was favored 3 games ago? Us? Who won?
Who was favored 2 games ago? Us? Who won?
Who was favored last game? Them? Who won?

Are you trying to tell me we're going to lose?

"NO CHANCE"

I know - math is hard.

I meant that season. After going 25-0 (I think) we lost to BC at home and lost most of our last games that year.

"NO CHANCE"

I also call every great dunk the best dunk I've ever seen. Often it's not true! Perhaps as much as 104% of the time. Alas, I keep doing it.

Lighten up! Give me some more who is favored analysis - what about our re-match against BC? Who is favored in that one?

I also call every great dunk the best dunk I've ever seen. Often it's not true! Perhaps as much as 104% of the time. Alas, I keep doing it.

Lighten up! Give me some more who is favored analysis - what about our re-match against BC? Who is favored in that one?

Juli Boeheim.

Juli Boeheim.

Now that doesn't even make sense.

However, that would be a literal no chance! Well done! Although KenPom may have her favored with that track record of late.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom