Next 5 are very winnable | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Next 5 are very winnable

I meant that season. After going 25-0 (I think) we lost to BC at home and lost most of our last games that year.

OK, gotcha.

It’s a strange human logical fallacy to use the absolute high point for something as “expected” (25-0) -
and the INEVITABLE regression that almost MUST occur after such a streak as “bad”.

Yes, 3-5 to end that season was a bummer, but it was still 28-5.

Basketball is a game of streaks.
Good and bad.

OK, gotcha.

It’s a strange human logical fallacy to use the absolute high point for something as “expected” (25-0) -
and the INEVITABLE regression that almost MUST occur after such a streak as “bad”.

Yes, 3-5 to end that season was a bummer, but it was still 28-5.

Basketball is a game of streaks.
Good and bad.
I was responding to HOF’s (sarcastic?) comment that no way are we going to lose to BC at home. That was all.

One's general appearance or personality, as in I don't like the cut of Ben's jib. In the 17th century the shape of the jib sail often identified a vessel's nationality, and hence whether it was hostile or friendly. The term was being used figuratively by the early 1800s, often to express like or dislike for someone.
I was using it in the sense of my preference for the OP's style and optimism.

I was responding to HOF’s (sarcastic?) comment that no way are we going to lose to BC at home. That was all.

You’re 144% correct.

We have proven over the years we can lose to ANYBODY at home:
BC, St John’s, DePaul, Seton Hall, Buffalo, St Bonnies, - the list (sadly) goes on and on, and on...

the goal coming off the Niagara game was to be 4-4 and hope for 5-3 in the next 8 leading up to Duke
3-2 is very doable now as is 4-1 or 1-4.

3-2 gets us to 12-9 5-5

then 3-2 at home which likely leads to pitt/bc/miami on the road to decide our fate.

3 tough games and then a whole batch of winnable avg teams depending on how we shoot.
i still think 10-10 is in reach even we dont play all that well.. the league is so avg.

Can they just move the tournament to 8 play in games instead of 2 already?
The blue bloods are the only ones that benefit and they practically get paid and pay recruits with mansions to get in every year anyway.

...just saying
It really stinks we couldn’t pull out the ND and Va tech games. That would have put us at 10-5, and we’d all feel much better about the team’s prospects—even if we’d still be far away from a tourney bid. Maybe they can steal the ND and Va Tech games on the road to even things out. First things first, though, we have to beat BC.

Matt! Where ya been?

Sweetheart, some of us still have to go to work. <sad face>
Just back from buying a health supplement business out in Utah.
Gorgeous country. OMG. In California, the mountains seem off in the distance.
In Utah, it's like "there's the parking lot, walk 200 yards, and there is the face of a mountain."
It's astounding. You can't believe how beautiful it is. You want to take a picture literally around every corner. In an odd way, that made driving kind of dangerous. You couldn't help but be distracted. LOL

Sweetheart, some of us still have to go to work. <sad face>
Just back from buying a health supplement business out in Utah.
Gorgeous country. OMG. In California, the mountains seem off in the distance.
In Utah, it's like "there's the parking lot, walk 200 yards, and there is the face of a mountain."
It's astounding. You can't believe how beautiful it is. You want to take a picture literally around every corner. In an odd way, that made driving kind of dangerous. You couldn't help but be distracted. LOL
We are actually going to Utah this fall! Okay, back to our regularly scheduled thread. :)

Time to roast the turkey boys

You’re 144% correct.

We have proven over the years we can lose to ANYBODY at home:
BC, St John’s, DePaul, Seton Hall, Buffalo, St Bonnies, - the list (sadly) goes on and on, and on...
Old Dominion
Cleveland State

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom