Next Season... | Syracusefan.com

Next Season...

newmexicuse

All Conference
I am far from convinced that Ty won't be back. He clearly won't get a first round sniff.

I am very concerned that ty, Oshae, and Frank are developing plenty of bad habits in their games.

The always green light that they have to shoot, even taking terrible shots, will be hard to undo over the summer.

They display no confidence in their teammates other than the mis-placed confidence in each other in terms of moving the ball.

Regardless of who the starting PG is, I hope to see much of the halfcourt offense run through Bazley.

He looks like the type of versatile talent that will create mismatches, draw a ton of defensive attention, and make the right play more often than not. A guy that needs to touch the ball often. If we can put some shooters and guys that can penetrate and finish out there with him, I think we’ll be in good shape on offense.

Carey is going to get a chance to handle the ball in practice. No chance in hell JB is satisfied with Frank’s slop. Kyle Guy made him look like some tall walk-on. If Carey’s ballhandling skills are better than advertised then he will get his chance to be the driver of the bus, IMO. I’ve never seen a PG play so slow. Lots of issues on this team but we will never run and push the tempo with Frank this year or next.

I am far from convinced that Ty won't be back. He clearly won't get a first round sniff.

I am very concerned that ty, Oshae, and Frank are developing plenty of bad habits in their games.

The always green light that they have to shoot, even taking terrible shots, will be hard to undo over the summer.

They display no confidence in their teammates other than the mis-placed confidence in each other in terms of moving the ball.

I share the same concerns. But I don’t believe Battle will be here which will alleviate the hard to undo part, And I also think this is a team chemistry issue right now (but certainly would be next year).

Brissett I think will be fine. He’s still Green and I don’t get the sense that he’s a me first player.

This season gets a pass on whatever happens thanks to the youth, injuries and sanctions.

Next season we need to be good though and more entertaining to watch. We just have to be. If not, the game has passed our coach by.

Carey is going to get a chance to handle the ball in practice. No chance in hell JB is satisfied with Frank’s slop. Kyle Guy made him look like some tall walk-on. If Carey’s ballhandling skills are better than advertised then he will get his chance to be the driver of the bus, IMO. I’ve never seen a PG play so slow. Lots of issues on this team but we will never run and push the tempo with Frank this year or next.
I truly hope you're right. I hope Frank AND Chewy are bench players. Neither IMO are worthy to be starters.

I truly hope you're right. I hope Frank AND Chewy are bench players. Neither IMO are worthy to be starters.

I mean that is obvious to me and I bet the coaches do too. You can tell JB really likes Sidibe and his IQ/intangibles. We’ll see next year. Some posters are acting like the pulling the plug on the Frank as primary PG experiment would be like benching Harden or something. Frank is a role player.

I mean that is obvious to me and I bet the coaches do too. You can tell JB really likes Sidibe and his IQ/intangibles. We’ll see next year. Some posters are acting like the pulling the plug on the Frank as primary PG experiment would be like benching Harden or something. Frank is a role player.

Frank starts next year as a Senior. Write it down. Repeat it several times because it will absolutely happen.

Carey isn’t a point guard. Smarter people than me have said this on podcasts and social media.

Frank starts next year as a Senior. Write it down. Repeat it several times because it will absolutely happen.
whether we like it or not, i agree with u. i think frank is still mentally fragile. if he does not start he will not contribute.

Fair. I know the same things certain people complain about Frank here(loose handle), are some of the things Carey struggles with at times. Elite shooter/scorer though.
yeah I'm not trying to proclaim Carey to be some perfectly suited PG from day one - just saying he fits with the recent "conversion" MO of high school combo guards - Triche, MCW, G, Howard...

Carey isn’t a point guard. Smarter people than me have said this on podcasts and social media.

Maybe, but he’s advertised as a guy who can handle the ball and score, right? I don’t think we necessarily need him to try to be the traditional “pass first” Point Guard if that’s not his strength. We do need him(or somebody) to be able to make shots, handle the ball and go by people if they try to pressure him, and he able to penetrate and score.

Maybe, but he’s advertised as a guy who can handle the ball and score, right? I don’t think we necessarily need him to try to be the traditional “pass first” Point Guard if that’s not his strength. We do need him(or somebody) to be able to make shots, handle the ball and go by people if they try to pressure him, and he able to penetrate and score.

Agree and think Hughes and he will help. We need to have multiple shooters and hopefully Bazley and Sidibe can be healthy enough to be an inside presence. I just think we need to be cautious saying someone is something they are not. I remember a lot of this board assuming Battle was a future PG when he signed and he’s shown zero pg skills here.

Last edited:
If neither Carey or Howard are “pure” PG’s, one thing that could help is the potential passing ability of both Bazley and Marek. We’ve seen it out of Marek many times this year, and Bazley has shown it in HS - hopefully it translates to this level. Having two forwards that can pass and make plays for others would be huge - as you figure at least one of them will always be on the court. You look at this year and we just don’t have enough of the bases covered as far as what guys can do out there, which makes us very easy to guard.

At this point I would be happy with a guard who can penetrate and finish, and maybe run a fast break or two.

I’m pretty simple. I’m not even asking for a guy who can shoot.

At this point I would be happy with a guard who can penetrate and finish, and maybe run a fast break or two.

I’m pretty simple. I’m not even asking for a guy who can shoot.

Agreed. We get almost zero “easy” buckets now in a lot of these games. Those buckets that in the past you almost take for granted that you’ll get at least a few of them per half.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom