Lydon SF
Roberson PF
C Coleman

Chukuwu
Joseph
Howard
Moyer
Taureen Thompson?

I expect a big turnaround for this program. I have been saying 3 years ago, that this team has a chance to be special. Jimmy's last year will be extra motivation. The ACC will be tough , but I expect a top 4 finish and elite 8 or bust.

GO ORANGE!

chukuwu better be starting. i dont wanna see roberson starting, im 50/50 if i even want him back

maybe roberson transfers and we get taureen thompson? i expect joseph to be gone IMO

Battle PG
Richardson SG
Lydon SF
Roberson PF
C Coleman

Chukuwu
Joseph
Howard
Moyer
Taureen Thompson?

I expect a big turnaround for this program. I have been saying 3 years ago, that this team has a chance to be special. Jimmy's last year will be extra motivation. The ACC will be tough , but I expect a top 4 finish and elite 8 or bust.

GO ORANGE!

I doubt Thompson comes here with Coleman back. Momma Thompson wants her boy to get immediate playing time.

Also, it is not JB's last year.

Everything I've read says battle is an nba talent, Lydon is clearly an nba talent, Richardson has a chance to be an nba player. I'm bullish on Howard, and chukwu is 7-2 in a defense designed to emphasize shot blocking from the center.

I feel good about next year. The reality is we will have 3 guys with a chance to be drafted in the first round. We better be pretty good.

Battles not a PG, DJC is what he is, Roberson is laughably bipolar, and apparently Chukwu is the answer to all our frontcourt issues because 7'2".

Battle PG
Richardson SG
Lydon SF
Roberson PF
C Coleman

Chukuwu
Joseph
Howard
Moyer
Taureen Thompson?

GO ORANGE!

Your starting lineup has two shooters and no one that we can dump the ball down to on the block for consistent results. As well as no real PG.

I'm not saying what you posted might not be the starting lineup. I just wouldn't expect much from it.

We will still be an offensively challenged team. I don't expect much, if any O coming from Roberson, Howard, or Chukuwu. Will Joseph even contribute? Coleman has potential to make a big jump on O. So either he or Moyer will need to provide O otherwise we will just be the same team as this year with Battle replacing G. Heck maybe even worse as at least Cooney gives you the threat of a three.

We will still be an offensively challenged team. I don't expect much, if any O coming from Roberson, Howard, or Chukuwu. Will Joseph even contribute? Coleman has potential to make a big jump on O. So either he or Moyer will need to provide O otherwise we will just be the same team as this year with Battle replacing G. Heck maybe even worse as at least Cooney gives you the threat of a three.

i expect roberson to contribute nicely next year. he can be a sort of glue guy mopping up missed shots etc. i have faith. rak made a huge jump and i expect roberson to be more consistent if nothing else. we'll be fine

howard will find his legs next year. coleman looks to bring more compure and leadership. we have a 7-2 freak of nature as his partner in crime. lydon will do lydon things and malchi just needs more constiency. i'm really excited actually!

We are going to be very hard to stop. Lyndon can score inside and out. Mali is going to be lights out next year no doubt he will be super star. Coleman is playing his best ball in 4 years and i expect him to improve significantly by next season might just see the AA that he was truly expect a huge jump in his game. Rob will be who he is but should be much better on the O glass with Chubaka in the game. Battle is our best recruit since Melo Howard is also going to make a big jump and Moyer is a scorer. This team has top 15 written all over it.

G made the ACC all defensive team and probably one of the things Cooney does best is play D. He's been playing the zone for 4 years. Next year you're asking Battle to learn the zone for the first time and Malachi to move over and play the 2 in the zone for the first time.

I'm not confident.

next year we'll be more of a "classic" syracuse team. long, big, athletic. we havent been that team in a few years. and we'll have a 7'2 dude to anchor it.

kcsu said:
We are going to be very hard to stop. Lyndon can score inside and out. Mali is going to be lights out next year no doubt he will be super star. Coleman is playing his best ball in 4 years and i expect him to improve significantly by next season might just see the AA that he was truly expect a huge jump in his game. Rob will be who he is but should be much better on the O glass with Chubaka in the game. Battle is our best recruit since Melo Howard is also going to make a big jump and Moyer is a scorer. This team has top 15 written all over it.

Right now, I think next year's team has 18-20 wins written all over it.

Sometimes you need to look at things honestly.

On D Rob Lyndon and Chubaka are a tough back line. Howard Mali Battle and Moyer are all long.

What happened to Cuse BBall where we were an O team first? That was our old identity. This D first BS the last 4 years is hard to watch despite a Final Four run and a #1 in the nation ranking. Who the hell wants to watch us grind out Ws? Both of our starting guards should be our starting forwards.

i agree but thats the reality of syracuse basketball right now. we recruit to the zone.

G made the ACC all defensive team and probably one of the things Cooney does best is play D. He's been playing the zone for 4 years. Next year you're asking Battle to learn the zone for the first time and Malachi to move over and play the 2 in the zone for the first time.

I'm not confident.

ennis says hi

Right now, I think next year's team has 18-20 wins written all over it.

Sometimes you need to look at things honestly.

As long as Hop doesn't coach any games we should have more wins next year vs this year. We will be better but not good enough to get a double bye in the ACCT, which is where we should be.

Why is DC going to make a huge jump? Because Rak did? I don't see it at all.

Who the hell wants to watch us grind out Ws?
Apparently the head coach. If he wanted to play an up-tempo style, he would say as much. He's all about winning rock fights in the zone until he retires.

Except for that championship.

You mean the one that was 13 years ago? :p

I didn't get my hopes up before that season either. Of course, I understand there will always be exceptions like Tyler Ennis.

let me bring some reason on this here board. coleman has been injured for 70% of his career. i believe next year he can be a solid player for us. people writing off battle because he is not a pure PG? dude is a legit talent and paired with malchi will bodybag opponents

let me bring some reason on this here board. coleman has been injured for 70% of his career. i believe next year he can be a solid player for us. people writing off battle because he is not a pure PG? dude is a legit talent and paired with malchi will bodybag opponents

Coleman played all this year, and even before his injuries didn't really show anything. I think like most upperclassmen, he is what he is and expecting him to give you any more, with his talent (and knees) is setting oneself up for disappointment.

Battle may very well be a transcendent player. But he's still not a point guard. Something we've desperately needed the last two years.