next year Rb situation | Syracusefan.com

next year Rb situation

kcsu

Living Legend
A few questions for those in the know. At this point i only show two returning RB's that we can count on. AM and Smith. Im not counting the FB's or Rene or Tull as i just dont see them ever contributing. According to those close to the program Gulley hasnt been around and the few games that i was able to attend this year i didnt see him on the sidelines which i find strange if he was still on the team. So is he coming back? If not i hope that we are bringing in more than
Devonte. I noticed that Morris isnt scheduled until the 15th and sure hope that he is a silent verbal. Anyway it just seems that we are beyond thin at arguably the most important position on O. Not sure how we got in this situation but i believe this is our biggest area of concern going into next spring.

I am not in the "Know", but Gulley will be back. That's based on his twitter acct. As far as not being on the sidelines, Coach Marrone doesn't let the injured on the field. He has stated that there isn't that much room down there, so it is for safety's sake they the remain off the field.

I am not in the "Know", but Gulley will be back. That's based on his twitter acct. As far as not being on the sidelines, Coach Marrone doesn't let the injured on the field. He has stated that there isn't that much room down there, so it is for safety's sake they the remain off the field.
Ok thank you i do remember that now that you mention it. With Gulley back i feel a little better still we could use a couple of good frosh to provide depth. Im excited to see what Devonte brings to the table as he is one heck of an athlete. Would really like to close with Morris who i think could contribute from day one

I noticed that Morris isnt scheduled until the 15th
Where did you notice that? I thought he was visiting this weekend. Everything I read said he was visiting 12/9.

And I agree, he could and probably will play from Day 1 if he signs. If his visit was rescheduled, I hope it's not because of another school. I think he's one of the most important prospects in this class. A must get, IMO.

Where did you notice that? I thought he was visiting this weekend. Everything I read said he was visiting 12/9.

And I agree, he could and probably will play from Day 1 if he signs. If his visit was rescheduled, I hope it's not because of another school. I think he's one of the most important prospects in this class. A must get, IMO.
read it on tos

read it on tos
Which tos? There are two now but I subscribe to neither so...

But more importantly, is his postponement due to another visit? I really don't wanna lose this kid b/c as you pointed out A) we're thin at RB, and B) he's really good! DM's offense needs a home-run hitter at tailback and Morris could be that guy, especially since Perkins and Lynch appear to be out of play, and TPG is a question mark.

I am really looking forward to what AM can bring to the table. IMO he has the same type of potential to make a second year jump similar to what we have seen on the baskestball court with Melo and Waiters. He needs to "buy" into the system and become more physically fit. If he does this , watch out! we will have a very productive back who I think can be even better than Delone C.

A few questions for those in the know. At this point i only show two returning RB's that we can count on. AM and Smith. Im not counting the FB's or Rene or Tull as i just dont see them ever contributing. According to those close to the program Gulley hasnt been around and the few games that i was able to attend this year i didnt see him on the sidelines which i find strange if he was still on the team. So is he coming back? If not i hope that we are bringing in more than
Devonte. I noticed that Morris isnt scheduled until the 15th and sure hope that he is a silent verbal. Anyway it just seems that we are beyond thin at arguably the most important position on O. Not sure how we got in this situation but i believe this is our biggest area of concern going into next spring.

Gully should be back in the spring.

I am really looking forward to what AM can bring to the table. IMO he has the same type of potential to make a second year jump similar to what we have seen on the baskestball court with Melo and Waiters. He needs to "buy" into the system and become more physically fit. If he does this , watch out! we will have a very productive back who I think can be even better than Delone C.

Would love for you to be right. As always, will depend on what the line in front of him looks like. If the line are at least decent next year, we should be in good shape moving forward.

Two things i read on cuse.com that morris was coming on the 15th and as far as AM is concerned i live in CO and watched him play in HS. He is really something. Great vision quick feet and very powerfull. I would put his speed as equal to Carter. Not breakaway but solid. If he gets in shape he has a chance to be very special for us. I believe he was the Player of the year in HS

i think we wasted a year of AAM this year ... either play him or dont

Two things i read on cuse.com that morris was coming on the 15th and as far as AM is concerned i live in CO and watched him play in HS. He is really something. Great vision quick feet and very powerfull. I would put his speed as equal to Carter. Not breakaway but solid. If he gets in shape he has a chance to be very special for us. I believe he was the Player of the year in HS
I think Adonis is going to surprise us very nicely next year. Once he gets his body in college football shape. He and Gully in the backfield together as a two tailback set would be interesting. With that said, thank god tailback is the easiest position to transition into from HS. I'd love to see what amorous can do. Yes, I'm assuming he's going to commit.

The graduation of Antwon Bailey will be one of the biggest losses of the offseason. Not that other players we're losing aren't important / contributors [especially Provo, who I view as a close second], but RB is the one position where we don't have proven, experienced players ready to ascend into more prominent roles.

No offense to Gulley, AAM, or Smith--but none are proven commodities. Each have played well intermittently, but haven't played enough for anyone to know for sure that they are capable of shouldering the load.

RB will be the biggest question mark heading into next seasons's camp.

I think Adonis is going to surprise us very nicely next year. Once he gets his body in college football shape. He and Gully in the backfield together as a two tailback set would be interesting. With that said, thank god tailback is the easiest position to transition into from HS. I'd love to see what amorous can do. Yes, I'm assuming he's going to commit.
amorous = Morris. This is the worst iPad spell correct I have seen yet.

Not to hijack, but I think there are some bigger question marks personally.

This is a team that is going to lose 4 of its top 6 secondary players if Shamarko leaves (Thomas, Thomas, Scott, Fisher). Who steps in? It sounds like Eskridge at the other CB, Desir and Wilkes at S. Then Mungwa at Okie? Reddish at nickel? Lyn has played well, Wilkes has showed some things on occasion and then literally haven't seen Desir or Eskridge much. Then the depth behind them?

DB is the biggest question mark for me, followed by DE if Chandler leaves, then RB.

At DE, Micah Robinson and... Donnie Simmons? Personal Foul Machine Brandon Sharpe? If Chandler leaves, that unit is in enormous trouble. Hope the rumors are true that Chandler is just getting graded.

Going into next year the RB situation is less than ideal but I liked what Smith showed against Pitt. Definatley room for improvement but he ran hard and fell forward most of the time. AAM is important as Smith still needs to prove that he is durable. AAM needs the have a good off-season in the S&C program along w/serious diet discipline which I think will happen after a season of riding the pine. I thought Gulley showed some good spark and will be a nice change of pace back. Will McFarlane or any other commit be here for spring ball?

Not to hijack, but I think there are some bigger question marks personally.

This is a team that is going to lose 4 of its top 6 secondary players if Shamarko leaves (Thomas, Thomas, Scott, Fisher). Who steps in? It sounds like Eskridge at the other CB, Desir and Wilkes at S. Then Mungwa at Okie? Reddish at nickel? Lyn has played well, Wilkes has showed some things on occasion and then literally haven't seen Desir or Eskridge much. Then the depth behind them?

DB is the biggest question mark for me, followed by DE if Chandler leaves, then RB.

At DE, Micah Robinson and... Donnie Simmons? Personal Foul Machine Brandon Sharpe? If Chandler leaves, that unit is in enormous trouble. Hope the rumors are true that Chandler is just getting graded.
I'm not worried about losing 3 of 6 members of one of the worst cover secondaries in the country. The backups we have might be better than this year's starters.

Chandler's going nowhere.

The graduation of Antwon Bailey will be one of the biggest losses of the offseason. Not that other players we're losing aren't important / contributors [especially Provo, who I view as a close second], but RB is the one position where we don't have proven, experienced players ready to ascend into more prominent roles.

No offense to Gulley, AAM, or Smith--but none are proven commodities. Each have played well intermittently, but haven't played enough for anyone to know for sure that they are capable of shouldering the load.

This is probably the most concerned I've been about the RB position in since forever.

I'm really hoping Smallwood makes it here in January to put another player (with a spring practice) into the mix.

Tyson Gulley ????
Jerome Smith
Adonis Moore
Steve Rene

Then

Devante McFarlene
Tyree Smallwood - ????
Insert another freshman - ????

This is probably the most concerned I've been about the RB position in since forever.

I'm really hoping Smallwood makes it here in January to put another player (with a spring practice) into the mix.

Tyson Gulley ????
Jerome Smith
Adonis Moore
Steve Rene

Then

Devante McFarlene
Tyree Smallwood - ????
Insert another freshman - ????
For the millionth time, Gulley will be back absolutely!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom