Next year | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Next year

Everyone keeps saying hit the portal but do we have confidence in Red making good portal decisions? I mean look at the 4 we nabbed this year. McLeod (bust), Starling (average at best), Westry (injured) and Cuffe (limited minutes and no production).

Red needs to have the talk with 6-8 players on the team. This team lacks so much talent.
It's not just that they lack talent, they lack heart and discipline too. It's concerning that people are speculating that Copeland might leave, as he's got as much heart as the rest of the team combined.

The kids playing the hardest who still give us a chance to win need to play, and those not playing hard and not being disciplined need to lose minutes until they prove they will do the things that are within their control.

It's not just that they lack talent, they lack heart and discipline too. It's concerning that people are speculating that Copeland might leave, as he's got as much heart as the rest of the team combined.

The kids playing the hardest who still give us a chance to win need to play, and those not playing hard and not being disciplined need to lose minutes until they prove they will do the things that are within their control.

There is nobody on the current roster that I would be overally upset about if they left. Maybe Brown but not if he is our center and Freeman will be our PF so...

The plan all along was to redshirt Patterson. Since none of us know what he can do (and what he can't do), he should get an invite.

Besides, we always need depth at the 5.

And I suspect that 2-3 spots will open up via the portal. The numbers always work out.
We need to stop recruiting skinny 7 ft projects. Recruit the 6-9 to 6-11 220lbs to 240+ who can move laterally and have actually entered a weight room once in their lifetime. Enough with the JB skinny infatuation.

And love Maliq but hes not big enough to be a 5 at the big time level, sorry just doesnt meet the size and shot blocking necessary for the position.

Last edited:
Kid was the last JAB recruit that had basically no offers. He was just a tall dude. Unless he made a major jump in practice this year (doubtful) you cut him free.
Cut the loss after evaluating this year

There really is no reason for Copeland to stay, he doesn't fit Red's idea of play. So it's best for him to find somewhere else to play.

Everyone keeps saying hit the portal but do we have confidence in Red making good portal decisions? I mean look at the 4 we nabbed this year. McLeod (bust), Starling (average at best), Westry (injured) and Cuffe (limited minutes and no production).
He gets one more offseason to figure it out. That’s it.

We need to stop recruiting skinny 7 ft projects. Recruit the 6-9 to 6-11 220lbs to 240+ who can move laterally and have actually entered a weight room once in their lifetime. Enough with the JB skinny infatuation.
One of JB’s biggest weaknesses was always having 1 or 2 roster spots occupied by big man projects. Most ended up being busts. I’m struggling to think of a project that ended up developing into a dominant player by his senior year. Some contributed (JB Reafsnyder) but most were wasted spots. But JB was comfortable playing only 7.5 guys so I guess he was fine with having tall guys fill seats at the end of the bench.

One of JB’s biggest weaknesses was always having 1 or 2 roster spots occupied by big man projects. Most ended up being busts. I’m struggling to think of a project that ended up developing into a dominant player by his senior year. Some contributed (JB Reafsnyder) but most were wasted spots. But JB was comfortable playing only 7.5 guys so I guess he was fine with having tall guys fill seats at the end of the bench.
Jesse.

Can someone old enough give me a JT comparison? Scott McCorckle? Glenn Sekunda? any comparison there?

The other thing I notice is we lack talent but what also hurts is the lack of hustle and toughness. If you lack the talent you can minimize that gap with toughness and this program has lacked that for years. It is waaay tooo soft sadly.

Ok, thank you. Then what are we doing here? LoL
Program sunk to new lows under JB. He thought he was recruiting another version of Buddy. It was a total miss. JT couldn’t even get an offer from UVA when he had a close relationship with Tony Bennett, having grown up next to the school. I think he played on teams with Bennett’s son. He’s a low D1 player.

After this game, I am starting to wonder if the only reason he starts is because he is the only one that doesn't act like a giant baby when things go poorly.
You’re probably not wrong. I’m sure he works hard and has a good attitude but he’s just so limited in his ability.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom