Next Year | Syracusefan.com

Next Year

OrangeinBoston

All Conference
SU could be an offensive juggernaut. Incoming, SU has the other Maltz, the phenom Jordan Evans, the already-a-legend-in-Canada Staats. If Galasso is truly healed, this will be an offense to rival the Gait years.

Defense may take a step back, but Mullins (who was by far the best defensive player IMHO) returns, and the younger Palasek will step up.

A lot coming back and a lot coming in, will be too many Attack in my opinion. Not sure how you break up time between Maltz, Ward, Rice, Donahue, Maltz, Staats, Evans, Glasso and Daniello. That's if all are on team in 2014.

Outside of usual questions (faceoffs and goalie) I think the biggest question mark is at midfield, especially the depth. I think Evans plays middie with Loy and Schoonmaker on first line. Leaky and who else on second line? DeJoe and Walters have not shown much outside of the ability to bomb from outside on EMO. Not worried about defense or LSM. Will be interested to see who the ssdm are next year. Now your defense is only as good as your ssdm, everyone attacks them as often as possible.

A lot coming back and a lot coming in, will be too many Attack in my opinion. Not sure how you break up time between Maltz, Ward, Rice, Donahue, Maltz, Staats, Evans, Glasso and Daniello. That's if all are on team in 2014.

Outside of usual questions (faceoffs and goalie) I think the biggest question mark is at midfield, especially the depth. I think Evans plays middie with Loy and Schoonmaker on first line. Leaky and who else on second line? DeJoe and Walters have not shown much outside of the ability to bomb from outside on EMO. Not worried about defense or LSM. Will be interested to see who the ssdm are next year. Now your defense is only as good as your ssdm, everyone attacks them as often as possible.
I'm wondering if Daniello will ever make it back. A guy with a fractured skull playing? I'm a bit skeptical.

Good point about SSDMs. But, as they showed this year, you can convert offensive middies to defense, and there are plenty of those.

He is not the only on I am skeptical about. Good athletes can be converted to d-middies. I would expect to see Jenkins, Grimm, Messina and Rockett at ssdm next year. I hope Rockett can add some bulk and strength, liked him at Ithaca but he was slight for high school.