Next years early season tourny | Syracusefan.com

Next years early season tourny

CuseTroop

Vegas Mole Person
Rochester Invitational...Binghampton Invitational...Tully Invitational?

I thought we were playing Kansas in Florida, assumed that was some sort of event?

Also - Maui looks like a pretty mediocre field next year. Atlantis looks really good.

Anyone have any guesses on where we end up?

I was bummed out/little shocked that we didn't get an invite to that Portland Nike tournament. I'm a little worried that if we don't end up somewhere epic, my girl is still going to want head to Portland.

Sixteen-team PK80 tournament set for next year in Portland

Would we go back to Maui so soon? Any other guesses?

2017-18 College Basketball Early Season Events
Here is our recent history:

1998 Maui Classic (1st)
1999 Carrier Classic (1st)
2000 Great Alaska Shootout (1st)
2001 Preseason NIT (1st)
2002 2K Classic (Showcase format)
2004 2K Classic (1st)/Jimmy V Classic
2005 2k Classic (2nd)
2006 Jimmy V Classic (2nd?)
2007 Preseason NIT (3rd)
2008 CBE Classic (1st)
2009 2K Classic (1st)
2010 Jimmy V Classic (1st)
2011 Preseason NIT (1st)
2012 Carrier Classic (1st)
2013 Maui Classic (1st)
2014 2K Classic
2015 Battle 4 Atlantis (1st)
2016 Brooklyn Hoops Holiday Invitational

SU will play UConn in the Jimmy V Classic and Kansas in Miami in the Hoop Hall thing in 2017 but they are just one game commitments. There is room to play a two game tournament too.

But I think they aren't going to do that. I suspect JB will use those games to open slots to play old BE rivals one more time instead. We are booked to play GTown in DC already. We are booked to play UConn in NYC already. Maybe we also play Nova at home and the Johnnies on the road?

Does anyone know if we are planning another trip to Maui in the upcoming years?

Here is our recent history:

1998 Maui Classic (1st)
1999 Carrier Classic (1st)
2000 Great Alaska Shootout (1st)
2001 Preseason NIT (1st)
2002 2K Classic (Showcase format)
2004 2K Classic (1st)/Jimmy V Classic
2005 2k Classic (2nd)
2006 Jimmy V Classic (2nd?)
2007 Preseason NIT (3rd)
2008 CBE Classic (1st)
2009 2K Classic (1st)
2010 Jimmy V Classic (1st)
2011 Preseason NIT (1st)
2012 Carrier Classic (1st)
2013 Maui Classic (1st)
2014 2K Classic
2015 Battle 4 Atlantis (1st)
2016 Brooklyn Hoops Holiday Invitational

SU will play UConn in the Jimmy V Classic and Kansas in Miami in the Hoop Hall thing in 2017 but they are just one game commitments. There is room to play a two game tournament too.

But I think they aren't going to do that. I suspect JB will use those games to open slots to play old BE rivals one more time instead. We are booked to play GTown in DC already. We are booked to play UConn in NYC already. Maybe we also play Nova at home and the Johnnies on the road?

Son of a... I was promised a week of drunken Cuse adventures in a warm weather location, every other year... Don't let me down. Don't you dare let me down.

The story is ... All these tournaments submit a request to Greensboro for an ACC team to participate. Greensboro supposedly makes a list (I did say supposedly) of the in-season tournaments like Maui, Paradise Jam, etc., and creates a rotation so that within 15 years (since there are 15 teams in the conference), everyone plays in every tournament, supposedly. (And once again, I did say supposedly.) My reaction to this story is - :rolleyes:

There are too many early season tourneys.
Yes, the extra practice is helpful, as is the national exposure, and the players and fans do enjoy traveling to unusual destinations for interesting match-ups with teams from other conferences they wouldn't otherwise face.
But teams with losing records shouldn't be allowed to participate.
(and yes, I'm being sarcastic)

The story is ... All these tournaments submit a request to Greensboro for an ACC team to participate. Greensboro supposedly makes a list (I did say supposedly) of the in-season tournaments like Maui, Paradise Jam, etc., and creates a rotation so that within 15 years (since there are 15 teams in the conference), everyone plays in every tournament, supposedly. (And once again, I did say supposedly.) My reaction to this story is - :rolleyes:

Only if your school name is Duke or UNC, and your mascot dresses in blue. No Orange allowed. That's the super secret ACC rule. ;)

How is the Brooklyn Hoops Holiday Invitational not on TV... Ughh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom