Next year's schedule | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Next year's schedule

So no big early season tourney which means no opportunity to beat a ranked team and boost our resume. Unless Oregon is ranked, no idea what they have next season. IMO it hurts us to not play in a good early season tourney with the chance to get a couple quality OOC wins that can help on Selection Sunday.

And when UConn comes to the Garden 0-2, it's going to kill our SOS.

Did I hallucinate or are we playing more ACC games next year?

Also we are overdue to get a tough ACC schedule.

I doubt it. As others have pointed out, teams tend to alternate between home and away games. We are due to play away. It follows that we are likely to play at a B1G school that played away in 2017.

The following B1G teams played away in 2017:

Maryland
Wisconsin
Northwestern
Illinois
Iowa
Penn State
Michigan

I think Wake Forest is probably not going to play. They will be bad and Pitt and GT have missed the challenge more recently than Wake.

I think Pitt probably gets paired with Penn State. They haven’t played yet and the home and away thing works here.

Michigan just played UNC this past season, so a rematch is unlikely. Duke is supposed to play at home so that makes it hard to schedule them to play in Ann Arbor.

I doubt we play Wisconsin for the 3rd time in four years.

It would be weird to play Wisconsin two years in a row, then Maryland 2 years in a row but it wouldn’t be shocking.

Northwestern, Iowa and Illinois are all possible but I think Syracuse-Michigan is a matchup of two big names that would make executives at ESPN swoon. That is my prediction.

But then where does UNC go. Seems like Maryland is the clear favorite for us; they don't care that much about avoiding rematches.

Also on the schedule will be 2 of the following teams:

Eastern Washington, Green Bay, Morehead State, and UMKC.

As part of the 2K Classic.

Also on the schedule will be 2 of the following teams:

Eastern Washington, Green Bay, Morehead State, and UMKC.

As part of the 2K Classic.

I wonder if there is any way we can make UMKC a road game? :)

But then where does UNC go. Seems like Maryland is the clear favorite for us; they don't care that much about avoiding rematches.

I think we will play Michigan, fits the desired format of alternating home vs road, and both teams will be highly regarded next season. Michigan State will likely play at Duke, they couldn't this year because they were playing each other in Chicago already, that should not be the case next year. they may have to drop the alternating home vs road thing to get a good matchup for NC, which would be Ohio State or Purdue.

There's "supposed to be" a rotation controlled by Greensboro. Everyone is "supposed to" get a turn in all the tournament's like Maui, etc. Next season is UVa's turn to be in the Battle for Atlantis (finally). Just wait until you get to go to the "Emerald Coast Classic" in Niceville, FL. We went in 2016-17. It's near Pensacola. I think they had 25 people at the final of that one.
Unlikely we’ll ever play in the Emerald Coast Classic. And really, what decent beach tournaments are there besides Maui (which is crazy expensive)?

That would be great for all the SU alums in the DC area. I think it would make more sense to schedule Maryland to play a long time historic rival like UNC than Syracuse (they have played SU and Pitt the last 2 years), but this could certainly happen...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom