PF Thompson
C Chukwu

Howard
Moyer
Washington
Sidbe
Brissett
5th year

LOL I wouldn't pencil in anyone who hasn't already committed yet (Ayala) given the QG fiasco this year. Anyway, unless I see some changes, neither of these projected lineups makes me jump for joy. I imagine we will see a 5th year transfer for our PG.

LOL I wouldn't pencil in anyone who hasn't already committed yet (Ayala) given the QG fiasco this year. Anyway, unless I see some changes, neither of these projected lineups makes me jump for joy. I imagine we will see a 5th year transfer for our PG.

the team i posted has potential for a F4 run

Even if he's back, the Lydon at SF experiment is dead.

Thats not his game.
And there is the logjam. So, if Lydon starts at the 4 and then who do you start at center? I think we would hope that one of Chukwu or Sidibe step up and take the spot. That would leave Thompson as a super sixth man. Obviously the backcourt is a mess. That will work itself out in the coming months. I hope we get that foreign dude at the SF spot.

Lydon will end up playing 40 mins a game, 35 at center while we have 3 centers on the bench
That's the fear, isn't it? The only way that is a positive, is if Brissett or Moyer are just THAT good.

I really think if we could land a grad transfer at pg, we could be pretty good next year, provided no one leaves early.

thompson will play the 5 and Lydon will play the 4 Brisset will get a shot at the 3 depending on what 5th year guy we bring in.

thompson will play the 5 and Lydon will play the 4 Brisset will get a shot at the 3 depending on what 5th year guy we bring in.
I hope Sidibe comes in and proves to be great defensive and rebounding center, forcing Thompson to the bench. I love Thompson's potential, but while he scores, he tends to be a black hole and he needs a lot of work defensively. So, if someone can get in to Lydon's head and teach him to be an alpha, I think the offense could be good with he and Battle as two go-to guys. Of course, that depends on who we get to play point guard.

PG Battle
SG Ayala
SF Lydon
PF Thompson
C Chukwu

Howard
Moyer
Washington
Sidbe
Brissett
5th year

Battle has nearly a 0% chance of playing point next year. Nor should we want him to. If Lydon returns, which is far from a given, he shouldn't log even 1 minute at SF for us for the rest of his career. And I have difficulty envisioning Chukwu ever starting barring massive improvement.

Not trying to rain on this thread, but it is impossible / pointless to speculate about next year's lineup without knowing numerous factors:
  • Will Lydon return?
  • Will Howard return?
  • Who will we land from the prep ranks for the class of 2017 [i.e., Ayala, Duarte, Washington, foreign dude, others]?
  • Will we land any 5th year transfers?

Until we know those things, we can't even accurately forecast who's on the roster next season. It's like trying to predict this year's starting lineup without knowing that White / Gillon would be on the team. :noidea:

Do you think that is realistic with Brisset? I was thinking he would need at least 1 year to make meaningful contributions. Or are you saying it because there are no other options.

Battle has nearly a 0% chance of playing point next year. Nor should we want him to. And I have difficulty envisioning Chukwu ever starting barring massive improvement.

Not trying to rain on this thread, but it is impossible / pointless to speculate about next year's lineup without knowing numerous factors:
  • Will Lydon return?
  • Will Howard return?
  • Who will we land from the prep ranks for the class of 2017 [Ayala, Duarte, Washington, foreign dude, others]?
  • Who will we land as 5th year transfers?

Until we know those things, we can't even accurately forecast who's on the roster next season. It's like trying to predict this year's starting lineup without knowing that White / Gillon would be on the team. :noidea:

lydon will not be back, but i think howard will be. we will get washington and ayala.

Do you think that is realistic with Brisset? I was thinking he would need at least 1 year to make meaningful contributions. Or are you saying it because there are no other options.

I don't think it is realistic. He's showing improved shooting, but has zero of the other skill sets usually associated with a 3. He'll round into form as a 4 in our system, IMO.

I don't think it is realistic. He's showing improved shooting, but has zero of the other skill sets usually associated with a 3. He'll round into form as a 4 in our system, IMO.
Oh good. Just what we need another 4.

I agree. I love this kid's energy. But his skill set is not of a SF. But, you can't have enough athletes, especially with his size. He looks like the kind of kid that will get a ton of offensive rebounds, weakside blocks and fouls.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom