NFL Coaching Changes May Yet Have An Impact On Potential Orange Recruits | Syracusefan.com

NFL Coaching Changes May Yet Have An Impact On Potential Orange Recruits

Van111

Starter
This year, more than any in recent memory, there is a potential for wholesale changes in the NFL in Head Coaching. Texas is also another potential huge impact on this landscape. NFL Teams like SF and Seattle may be looking for a new Coach. Here are teams with Coaches on the Hot Seat:

Washington
Minnesota
Dallas
Houston
Tampa
Jacksonville
NYJ
Oakland
Cleveland
Atlanta
Add Seattle or SF should Carroll or Jim go for the Texas Job.

Safe to say 4-5, if not more of these teams will make the change. (Houston has already fired Kubiak)

2 names for college coaches keep being brought up, Art Briles out of Baylor and yours truly, Bill O'Brien from PSU. Art I can see making the jump for sure, Bill....well we will have to see. Now I can think of a few guys we lost to PSU that depending on how it goes, may just rethink their situations. At any rate, as usual, the NFL and the power programs will have their effect on the recruiting game. Maybe we are the ones to benefit on it this time.

Oh...by the way, lets add Philly to the mix. I could see Kelly making the jump for that Texas Dream Job.

Oh...by the way, lets add Philly to the mix. I could see Kelly making the jump for that Texas Dream Job.

That'd be another crushing blow to the Eagles haha

IMO
Coaches in Minnesota, Dallas, Tampa, Jacksonville, NYJ and Cleveland get another year.
Washington, Houston, Oakland and Atlanta are canned

Also think Carroll, Harbaugh and Kelly (2 year show cause penalty) all stay.

I don't see Carroll, Harbaugh or Kelly going anywhere. They're at the mountain top. You don't leave teams that are on the verge of becoming mini dynasties. You can add the Giants to that list as I think Coughlin will be gone, but they won't poach college. They'll grab Gruden / Cowher.

This year, more than any in recent memory, there is a potential for wholesale changes in the NFL in Head Coaching. Texas is also another potential huge impact on this landscape. NFL Teams like SF and Seattle may be looking for a new Coach. Here are teams with Coaches on the Hot Seat:

Washington
Minnesota
Dallas
Houston
Tampa
Jacksonville
NYJ
Oakland
Cleveland
Atlanta

Safe to say 4-5, if not more of these teams will make the change. (Houston has already fired Kubiak)

2 names for college coaches keep being brought up, Art Briles out of Baylor and yours truly, Bill O'Brien from PSU. Art I can see making the jump for sure, Bill....well we will have to see. Now I can think of a few guys we lost to PSU that depending on how it goes, may just rethink their situations. At any rate, as usual, the NFL and the power programs will have their effect on the recruiting game. Maybe we are the ones to benefit on it this time.

No the guys that we lost to PSU aren't jumping even if BoB leaves ... the Briles departure doesn't impact us one iota ...

IMO
Coaches in Minnesota, Dallas, Tampa, Jacksonville, NYJ and Cleveland get another year.
Washington, Houston, Oakland and Atlanta are canned

Also think Carroll, Harbaugh and Kelly (2 year show cause penalty) all stay.
Don't you think Texas would cover and show clause penalty? Either way, I see Dallas is out and I heard on Mike & MIke (For what thats worth) that Minnestoe is already out there publically looking.

I don't see Carroll, Harbaugh or Kelly going anywhere. They're at the mountain top. You don't leave teams that are on the verge of becoming mini dynasties. You can add the Giants to that list as I think Coughlin will be gone, but they won't poach college. They'll grab Gruden / Cowher.
I agree Gruden is waiting for the right job and city. I laughed when I heard he is going back to Tampa to replace the Rutgirls Coach. Maybe NY is on his mind, would be great for the Giants.

Washington
Minnesota
Dallas
Houston
Tampa
Jacksonville
NYJ
Oakland
Cleveland
Atlanta

Absolutely none of this will affect us at all. Holley would just go to Florida if he didn't want to stay at PSU. Not sure we'd take Cabinda back. Baylor has no one whatsoever that was considering us.

I don't think you know what "yours truly" means...unless you are Bill O'Brien, in which case I have to ask - can you tell us how much money Larry Johnson Sr. earns? Some people here are curious.

As Niners fan, Harbaugh just said the other day he is happy to be the coach their and isn't going anywhere.

dont get the humor. afterall, they are atop the nfc east and in the driver's seat.
The humor in this is that actually Dallas controls its own destiny over Philly by winning out! Now that makes for a good laugh I would say.

The humor in this is that actually Dallas controls its own destiny over Philly by winning out! Now that makes for a good laugh I would say.
No one in the NFC East should be talking trash. Terrible division.

No one in the NFC East should be talking trash. Terrible division.

Says he whose favorite team plays the Bills, Jets, and Dolphins a combined six times a year.

Absolutely none of this will affect us at all. Holley would just go to Florida if he didn't want to stay at PSU. Not sure we'd take Cabinda back. Baylor has no one whatsoever that was considering us.
Agreed, not likely any who would jump if this happens would end up here. Your probably right also in that Cabinda's train has already left the stadium. But if O'Brien does leave and takes his staff with him alla DM, would be interesting to see, should Holley make the move if this should happen, if we could talk the man into an official visit at least. Thats half the battle it seems in landing these kids. Your right that he would probably pick Florida at any rate, can't argue that point, if not end up staying at PSU anyway. Still, PSU always seems to snag one of our recruits or we end up in a battle over a couple with them as well down the stretch. So it may have some impact, we'll have to wait and see. I'm not so sure O'Brien is leaving myself, but if he does...

Gotta think that Coughlin might retire. Surprised his name wasn't here.

Coughlin will never retire. He will get one more year and then either get an extension or be let go.

Coughlin is going no where he has 2 SB you always get a 3 yr grace period by winning a SB plus I don't see anyone better out there unless they could get Bill O'Brien from Penn State.

Jon Gruden has Atlanta written all over him if they can Mike Smith. He would have a QB in Matt Ryan, be able to beat Tampa twice a year as revenge and would probably be able to get Clowney to fix their defense in the draft.

Coughlin will never retire. He will get one more year and then either get an extension or be let go.
Agreed, Coughlin will go on his own terms, he has proven the nay sayers wrong too many times, and the Giants were rewarded with 2 SB victories because of it.

so the same could be said about both teams? who are we laughing at again? the giants and skins?

so the same could be said about both teams? who are we laughing at again? the giants and skins?
No, the Giants and the Skins are sorry lots to say the least for they couldn't keep up with Philly or Dallas, or heck even the NYJ for that matter!

No, the Giants and the Skins are sorry lots to say the least for they couldn't keep up with Philly or Dallas, or heck even the NYJ for that matter!

it was a trick question. the correct answer is rutgers.