NFL Draft 2016 | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Draft 2016

MikeSU02 said:
Giants went the whole draft (since no 7th rounder) without drafting an OL or DL. Not happy.

I give them a C.

longislandcuse said:
Doug Whaley absolutely killed it. Love the Bills Draft.

Bills did have a good draft. As did the Cowboys and Redskins unfortunately. Not impressed with the Eagles.

Bills did have a good draft. As did the Cowboys and Redskins unfortunately. Not impressed with the Eagles.
My favorite picks might be Jonathan Williams and Kolby Listenbee.

Williams was projected as a 2nd Round RB if he didn't miss the entire season with a foot injury. As good as Karlos Williams is, he was injury prone last year, and J. Williams is good enough to push him for playing time behind McCoy.

Listenbee is the perfect compliment opposite Watkins. If healthy would've gone much earlier as his speed would've blown people away at the combine. Probably won't do much more than fly routes early on but defenses will have to respect his speed.

I give them a C.

I'd agree with that.

The Tunsil non-pick will be hanging over everything, but that's a calculated risk (or non-risk).

We'll see. If we had even a bit of a decent defense we would have been a playoff team last year.

If it makes you feel any better, they addressed a 2016 need in the 3rd...

I like the Collins pick a lot, and I really like what they did today, I am a big Dak Prescott fan.

Giants went the whole draft (since no 7th rounder) without drafting an OL or DL.

Not happy.

I don't get what the Giants are doing, they need Ol help. I do like the Shephard pick for you guys.

Briancuse said:
I like the Collins pick a lot, and I really like what they did today, I am a big Dak Prescott fan.

Did you see him with Gruden on the QB camp show?

longislandcuse said:
Doug Whaley absolutely killed it. Love the Bills Draft.

Yeah, I have to say, I feel like I haven't been this happy with a Bills draft in quite some time.

I mean, it's no trading up to get JP Losman, or picking EJ Manuel at least one round early, if not more, but still. Love the picks.

Yeah, I have to say, I feel like I haven't been this happy with a Bills draft in quite some time.

I mean, it's no trading up to get JP Losman, or picking EJ Manuel at least one round early, if not more, but still. Love the picks.
They attempted to trade back into the second to get Jarran Reed but Seattle outbid them. That would have just been insane.

That being said, I do like Washingtons pass rushing ability.

Giants went the whole draft (since no 7th rounder) without drafting an OL or DL.

Not happy.
Another amazing stat. Jerry Reese has had 72 draft picks as the Giants GM. He has never traded down once ever. 0-72

They attempted to trade back into the second to get Jarran Reed but Seattle outbid them. That would have just been insane.

That being said, I do like Washingtons pass rushing ability.

My one and only issue is I would have rather picked OT Le"Raven Clark than Washington in the 3rd round but I love the rest. Even with Washington, I'm never going to complain too much about a DT from Ohio State if Rex thinks he's a good fit for his defense.

Andy Reid and John Dorsey are absolutely getting hammered here in KC for picking Tyreek Hill, RB who got kicked out of Oklahoma State for punching and choking his pregnant girlfriend. And I mean big time criticism. I wouldn't be totally shocked if they rethought it and released him on Monday.

Andy Reid and John Dorsey are absolutely getting hammered here in KC for picking Tyreek Hill, RB who got kicked out of Oklahoma State for punching and choking his pregnant girlfriend. And I mean big time criticism. I wouldn't be totally shocked if they rethought it and released him on Monday.
So what's the statue of limitations for how long we need to be outraged over something? He made a huge mistake in 2014. Paid big time for it. Is he not allowed a second chance...ever?

My one and only issue is I would have rather picked OT Le"Raven Clark than Washington in the 3rd round but I love the rest. Even with Washington, I'm never going to complain too much about a DT from Ohio State if Rex thinks he's a good fit for his defense.
I hear ya but I was firmly against drafting O-Line this year. We have 3 guys competing for RT. Yea, they kinda all suck but Henderson and Koundijo are also young. The rest of our line is pretty good. Miller will be in his second year and we have a nice inside depth player in Velasco.

I think Washington helps us much more with his ability to play up front with Dareus and Kyle, while eventually becoming Kyle's replacement.

Maybe a vet RT becomes available after cuts?

2 UDFA's that I think may make Buffalo's 53 man roster are Justin Zimmer and Eric Striker.

Really intriguing players.

That's interesting. When Reid was in Philly the mantra was to always draft high character guys.

I agree with you on Philly but it's hard to have an impressive draft when you only have 3 out of the first 152 picks. Of course that's a function of mortgaging the future to take Wentz.

One draft pick that was a steal (no pun intended) was the Steelers taking Tyler Matakevich (LB) of Temple in the 7th round. I watched him play a few times last year. Tackling machine that was all over the field. Hard to believe he lasted until then.