NFL Draft 2016 | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Draft 2016

The Cowboys didn't know how good Romo was when he was an undrafted fa, or the Pats when they took Brady in the 6th round, its a crapshoot, they think the kid is a franchise qb, they are either going to look great, or get fired.

Yes the draft is like that. But when you trade away a ton of picks then you really make it a crap shoot.

I thought Louis Riddick made a good point last night on ESPN when he said the draft was all about risk management. You can't make big mistakes because they're hard to overcome. Six years ago the Eagles took Danny Watkins (OG) in the 1st round when nobody had him in the top 50. Guy was out of football two years later to pursue a career as a firefighter. Two years ago the Eagles drafted Marcus Smith (OLB in a 3-4) in the 1st round when nobody had him in the top 50 either and he has been a complete bust. When you trade several picks away you're materially increasing risk levels and that can really come back to bite you.

Too many strange things about him. I doubt he makes it.

I'd take the other side of that bet. Guy has all of the tools to be dominant. I've seen too many of these supposed "character issue" guys and they want on to be excellent players.

Jets so far have Darron Lee and Christian Hackenberg. I'd be irate if that was the Bills draft.
I hate the jets but, that's not bad.

Lee is good and I believe hackenberg got screwed when O'Brien left.

Either Geno or Fitz is gone.

I hate the jets but, that's not bad.

Lee is good and I believe hackenberg got screwed when O'Brien left.

Either Geno or Fitz is gone.
Both guys have very high bust potential.

I would've taken both guys a round later than selected. Lee can blitz but gets washed out in a lot of plays and has trouble getting off blocks and, for some reason struggles in coverage, even though he's fast. Hack is a huge question mark but looks David Carr level irreparable right now. After EJ, I don't want anything to do with a QB that has accuracy issues.

Let me know when they finish their pitch. I want to know how it went over with you. :D

2nd round is a little too soon to go with 'Best athlete available'. Not enthralled with this pick. Almost as if Reese wants to be fired...
Fine, I'm sold.

That's my franchise...

Fine, I'm sold.

That's my franchise...

Yep - who are teams going to put their #1 CB on? The other receiver is going to have a field day. At least that's the plan. Would have liked another lineman to keep Eli clean, but if he can get the ball away quickly enough we should be good. Giants are definitely going to have to outscore people this year. Not going to be too many defensive struggles.

Both guys have very high bust potential.

I would've taken both guys a round later than selected. Lee can blitz but gets washed out in a lot of plays and has trouble getting off blocks and, for some reason struggles in coverage, even though he's fast. Hack is a huge question mark but looks David Carr level irreparable right now. After EJ, I don't want anything to do with a QB that has accuracy issues.
I think you're wrong on Lee and possibly on Hack, but couldn't care less on both.

Hack was a bit of a reach for sure.

Please make it stop, how do you take a guy who is not even going to play next season. :bang:

Yes the draft is like that. But when you trade away a ton of picks then you really make it a crap shoot.

I thought Louis Riddick made a good point last night on ESPN when he said the draft was all about risk management. You can't make big mistakes because they're hard to overcome. Six years ago the Eagles took Danny Watkins (OG) in the 1st round when nobody had him in the top 50. Guy was out of football two years later to pursue a career as a firefighter. Two years ago the Eagles drafted Marcus Smith (OLB in a 3-4) in the 1st round when nobody had him in the top 50 either and he has been a complete bust. When you trade several picks away you're materially increasing risk levels and that can really come back to bite you.

Speaking of mistakes my team just took a player who won't see the field next year.

Briancuse said:
Please make it stop, how do you take a guy who is not even going to play next season. :bang:

Smith? Great pick. I was hoping the Giants would take him in the 2nd.

Smith? Great pick. I was hoping the Giants would take him in the 2nd.

Great player, serious medical concerns. I would have rather taken a Spence there, Smith probably wont play next year.

I'd take the other side of that bet. Guy has all of the tools to be dominant. I've seen too many of these supposed "character issue" guys and they want on to be excellent players.
Situation reminds me alot of Warren Sapp on draft day back in the day with the pot story. Sapp fell, now he is in the Hall of Fame. Marino and the cocaine story around him, he fell ...now he is in the Hall of Fame. Randy Moss, he fell...he is on his way to the Hall of Fame.

I mean Tunsil allowed 2 sacks in the SEC in his career. That says enough. He was the #1 overall player entering this draft and they got him at 13. That's value. It was a good pick and this kid will probably turn out to be a stud. This is a 24-48 hour story and it will then be forgotten about.

Briancuse said:
Great player, serious medical concerns. I would have rather taken a Spence there, Smith probably wont play next year.

This might make you feel a bit better.

The doctor who did his knee surgery, is the Cowboys team doctor.

Speaking of mistakes my team just took a player who won't see the field next year.
If it makes you feel any better, they addressed a 2016 need in the 3rd...

Do the Jints not want to play Defense this season?

Huh? You know how much money they spent in free agency, signing 3 defensive starters right? Plus their first round pick was a defensive player.

After Beckham, that WR corps is very shaky. Cruz is a complete unknown at this point. Harris is a #3 at the absolute most. They badly needed a WR.

KaiserUEO said:
Instead, you got a starter.

Maybe. And maybe the Cowboys got Derrick Johnson.

Giants went the whole draft (since no 7th rounder) without drafting an OL or DL.

Not happy.