NFL draft thread | Syracusefan.com

NFL draft thread

Alsacs

Living Legend
DT2FLpwXcAAmcfq.jpg

Mel Kiper come on man. Darnold isn’t going below 2.

I’m trying to figure out how the Giants can get Barkley, but I don’t see him getting pst 4 either and there’s no real path without wacky trades.

Unless they just decide it’s Webb and grab him at 2.

I’m trying to figure out how the Giants can get Barkley, but I don’t see him getting pst 4 either and there’s no real path without wacky trades.

As ignorant as McAdoosh is, the fact that he broke Eli's streak with GFS and not Webb speaks volumes to me.

It's not Webb.

As ignorant as McAdoosh is, the fact that he broke Eli's streak with GFS and not Webb speaks volumes to me.

It's not Webb.
Understood, but thing is...mcadoofus is just that...an idiot.

His offense requires a running QB...that's why he wanted GFS...to show the world how awesome his O could be.

He never bothered to get Webb ready.

He didn't fit his offense...like Eli didn't.

You guys have to get a qb at 2

You guys have to get a qb at 2

Can't take a Barkley at #2. No RB or OG can be taken that high with the current state of football.

I say that wishing I could have both Barkley and Nelson in a perfect world.

I've already stated my case for Darnold. I'm all in on him.

Separately, I think the OTs are overrated in this draft.

I do love Roquan Smith and Derwin James.

Once the Bowl is done and we are heading into the combine...I want Rosen’s medical records printed in the NY Post.

Screw HIPPA.

This is more important than his privacy.

Once the Bowl is done and we are heading into the combine...I want Rosen’s medical records printed in the NY Post.

Screw HIPPA.

This is more important than his privacy.
If Darnold is passed by Cleveland the Giants should take 5 seconds and submit the card.
Darnold should not go below 2.

You want Cleveland to screw it up.
Cleveland is taking Allen or Darnold first.
Giants should take Darnold no doubt I have no clue what they should do if Darnold goes first.

Senior Bowl rosters:

2018 Reese's Senior Bowl rosters

I put it here because it fits and because if it was on the Football board we’d have 50 people complaining someone didn’t make it cluttering up discussion.

No Rosen or Darnold...

I still kinda expect Cleveland to take a guy like Barkley #1 and see which QB makes it back to #4. You can make a case for why Cleveland would like each of Allen, Darnold, Mayfield, and Lamar Jackson IMO.

I still kinda expect Cleveland to take a guy like Barkley #1 and see which QB makes it back to #4. You can make a case for why Cleveland would like each of Allen, Darnold, Mayfield, and Lamar Jackson IMO.
If Cleveland takes Darnold first they could trade a 2nd round pick and other picks to NYG at 2 if they wanted Barkley.

NYG aren’t taking Barkley 2nd and Cleveland could jump Indy in case they wanted Barkley.

The Browns have 3 2nd round picks, and 2 3rd round picks as well.

Can't take a Barkley at #2. No RB or OG can be taken that high with the current state of football.

I say that wishing I could have both Barkley and Nelson in a perfect world.

I've already stated my case for Darnold. I'm all in on him.

Separately, I think the OTs are overrated in this draft.

I do love Roquan Smith and Derwin James.

I think Darnold is going to be the best of the bunch, although I don't know much about Allen outside of seeing him for a half in the Boise bowl.

If Cleveland takes Darnold first they could trade a 2nd round pick and other picks to NYG at 2 if they wanted Barkley.

NYG aren’t taking Barkley 2nd and Cleveland could jump Indy in case they wanted Barkley.

That's true, or they could just get Barkley and the QB they want without having to trade any other assets. If they ultimately decide Darnold is the guy they want, I'm sure they'll just take him at #1, but if it's one of the other 3 guys I mentioned that they want, taking another position #1 wouldn't shock me.

I think Darnold is going to be the best of the bunch, although I don't know much about Allen outside of seeing him for a half in the Boise bowl.

Allen is essentially a high-risk high-reward pick. In NBA terms, think of the Bucks taking Giannis and Thon Maker. If Allen reaches his potential, he'll be the best player in this year's draft. But he has a very long ways to go to get there and I wouldn't say it's all that likely that he ever does.

Allen is going to be a bust. He can't even throw a screen pass accurately.

The QB order sb:

Mayfield
Jackson
Darnold
Allen

Allen is essentially a high-risk high-reward pick. In NBA terms, think of the Bucks taking Giannis and Thon Maker. If Allen reaches his potential, he'll be the best player in this year's draft. But he has a very long ways to go to get there and I wouldn't say it's all that likely that he ever does.

I think it's much easier to coach basketball potential than QB potential. Accuracy is accuracy. You have it or you don't. It's like rebounding in college. Accuracy is the stat that usually correlates. Allen is Deshone Kizer 2.0. That guy wasn't accurate at Notre Dame and isn't accurate in Cleveland.

We will take their 1, all 3 seconds and both 3rds.

Or next years 1, a second and both 3rds.

I think it's much easier to coach basketball potential than QB potential. Accuracy is accuracy. You have it or you don't. It's like rebounding in college. Accuracy is the stat that usually correlates. Allen is Deshone Kizer 2.0. That guy wasn't accurate at Notre Dame and isn't accurate in Cleveland.

It depends on what the issue is. If he has good footwork and simply lacks the touch/anticipation to throw with accuracy, I'd agree. But his footwork often gets out of control. A few tweaks to his footwork could dramatically improve his passing ability.

I think accuracy is an issue for pretty much every QB in this year's class with the exception of Mayfield and maybe Lauletta/Woodside. Allen is the worst of the main QB prospects in that regard though.

We will take their 1, all 3 seconds and both 3rds.

Or next years 1, a second and both 3rds.
To go from 4 to 2 you wouldn’t get that much.
That 36th pick, maybe the Philly 2nd would be enough.
No chance you would get more than that.

To go from 4 to 2 you wouldn’t get that much.
That 36th pick, maybe the Philly 2nd would be enough.
No chance you would get more than that.
We would.

We would need 800 points, 33 at 580 and 36 and 520 is at least the pain and cost to them for getting their guy.

And we will take a 3rd, it’s the browns, fluck em, they’ll do it.

How many times have you seen Allen play
I see Jay Cutler when I have seen Allen.

He doesn’t scream franchise guy to me. I would take Darnold, Mayfield, Jackson before him.
Don’t trust Rosen either.

He doesn’t scream franchise guy to me. I would take Darnold, Mayfield, Jackson before him.
He might be just hard to evaluate a guy playing at wyoming. I like Mayfield talent but so many red flags

I see jake locker.

look at Allen against decent teams.

THIS YEAR

Iowa - 57% passing with 174 yards 0 TDs and 2 INTs

Oregon - 37% passing with 64 yards passing 0 TDs and 1 INT

Hawaii - 47% passing with 94 yards passing 1 TD and 0 INT

Boise State - 44% passing with 131 yards passing 1 TD and 2 INTs

So against the 4 best teams he played (Who are all average at best) he had a 46 completion percentage and he averaged 115 yards passing. He had 2 TDs & 5 INTs in those games.

PLEASE browns...take him...

I’ve said that a couple times. Barkley at 1 then whatever QB at 4. And Allen I think will not be a stud. Saw some stats on him and the other too QBs comparing completion percentages to various spots on the field and distance as well as when in the pocket or on the move, and he was overall the worst. Kid that was impressive in that comparison was Ferguson from Memphis.

Three best players in the draft are Barkley, Nelson and Fitzpatrick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom