NFL Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Hall of Fame Enshrinement Ceremony

Stern said:
I watch this every year. 99.9% of guys start from high school days thank every coach and a teacher or two. Then go to their college days and thank every coach and a teacher maybe. Then onto the NFL of course. Marvin gave one HS teacher a shout out. Told a 1 min story about 1 teacher at SU. Then onto the NFL. Yeah he ain't coming back here anytime soon and nor should SU bend over backwards to honor him honestly.

His reaction to the school should have no bearing on if he's honored or not. The school gains from his notoriety even if he doesn't care.

Some guys don't like college (Harrison) and some do (McNabb, Carmelo). I don't really care if he does honestly. It would be nice, but he doesn't owe us anything.

Stern said:
In my opinon he is the 2nd best WR to ever play the game, but call it what it is I'm not sure he is a good person. The introvert thing doesn't fly with me. He spoke for 11 min, it's what he decided to talk about. Not saying he needed to kiss SU's fanny or anything and he is within is right to spend the time just focusing on his NFL days, but more than a 45 second story about some teacher on campus would have been nice. At the very very least thank the person who recruited ya to college and maybe teammate or two from college...a little something.

Why does it matter to you if he's a good person? He did not disrespect the school or program.

Yeah, he was so misused he got buried into being a mid round pick.

Oh wait that didn't happen, he was a 1st round pick.

His freshmen year he had three seniors and a jr in front of him at WR and Gedney at TE.

Sophmore year he had more catches than any single player did on the 92 team. 6th in conference

Junior he had Kevin Mason as his QB.

His senior year he was second in conference in receptions, 1st in yards, 9th in the NCAA, 1st in the BE in yds per, 4th in the BE.

He was 3rd, 3rd, and 1st in the BE in receiving yards the three years he was a starter. That's some serious misuse.

He's sixth all time in BE history in receiving yards only starting three seasons on a run oriented team. He's first in yards per reception in BE history.

Last edited:
He never did a lot of interviews. He talked about SU as much as I thought he would. You can tell he was nervous and uncomfortable but he knew it had to be done. He's always been quiet person. Don't know what people were expecting. It doesn't bother me that he has a disconnect with SU. Every student or athlete have that with their alma mater. On a side note, I was really excited to hear Orlando Pace shout out his TE Roland Williams. :)

His freshmen year he had three seniors and a jr in front of him at WR and Gedney at TE.

Sophmore year he had more catches than any single player did on the 92 team. 6th in conference

His senior year he was second in conference in receptions, 1st in yards, 9th in the NCAA, 1st in the BE in yds per, 4th in the BE.

He was 3rd, 3rd, and 1st in the BE in receiving yards the three years he was a starter. That's some serious misuse.

He's sixth all time in BE history in receiving yards only starting three seasons on a run oriented team. He's first in yards per reception in BE history.
All good points

It's his experience, no one else's. Therefore, it's his reality. No one else's.

Marvin was my favorite. 1993 @ East Carolina was his breakout with Marvin 2 Marvin. His time was concurrent to mine on the hill.

His speech fulfilled prediction I said to the future Mrs. at the time when I convinced her we should drive her car to Jacksonville to see #8's last game. Because that #8 will be in the Hall of Fame one day. And, here it is.

Last edited:
It's his experience, no one else's. Therefore, it's his reality. No one else's.

I wasn't commenting on his perception, whatever that might be. Just on the comments on his use by people here.

I agree wit ya, but Marvin was the one who said it. Nobody else

Marvin was my favorite. 1993 @ East Carolina was his breakout with Marvin 2 Marvin. His time was concurrent to mine on the hill.

His speech fulfilled prediction I said to the future Mrs. at the time when I convinced her we should drive her car to Jacksonville to see #8's last game. Because that #8 will be in the Hall of Fame one day. And, here it is.

Those Clemson secondary players are still chasing him...

RF2044 said:
Those Clemson secondary players are still chasing him...

Bob Trumpy had 2 on air orgasms after seeing how open he was on the 2 long TDs.

Whenever I think of us playing East Carolina in the 90s I get PTSD.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom