NFL HOF announcement | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NFL HOF announcement

I stand by everything I said. And I don't care whether someone says TD shouldn't be in. OJ Anderson didn't have the ability of TD. Barber LOL.
I'll just assume you never looked at Tiki's stats.

Otis will be in someday.

I'll just assume you never looked at Tiki's stats.

Otis will be in someday.
Whole body of work. And again, I'm on record here saying there's way, way too many people in the HOF and it's watered down. So again, if TD wouldn't have EVER got in, I would never have complained.

TO's shenanigans were tiresome but the guy was a HOFer. If he were borderline then I could see keeping him out but he was far from borderline.

TO should be in the Hall... First Ballot. No questions asked. Just silly.

Im ok w Terrell Davis because he put up ridiculous stats while carrying his team to two super bowl victories. He was a stud and dominated the league. If the 2 championships didn't come along with it then he would be out but if rings are what counts most then he is a legit HOF'er for sure.

One other point about Dawkins. Only player in NFL history to record more than 25 picks, 25 sacks and 25 forced fumbles.

Ed Reed is probably the other safety that comes to mind in the last 30 years as most HOF worthy. Just to provide an idea of how complete a player Dawkins was he had 36 forced fumbles to Reed's 11, 26 sacks to Reed's 6 and almost 400 more tackles than Reed over his career. Reed, to his credit, was an incredible ballhawk with 64 career picks vs. 37 for Dawk.

TO should be in the Hall... First Ballot. No questions asked. Just silly.

Im ok w Terrell Davis because he put up ridiculous stats while carrying his team to two super bowl victories. He was a stud and dominated the league. If the 2 championships didn't come along with it then he would be out but if rings are what counts most then he is a legit HOF'er for sure.

Its a joke, yes he is a bad guy, yes he made his teammates and coaches miserable, he was one of the best receivers to ever play the game.

They really just 'cleaned up' this year, but no jacoby is a joke.

- They took the storybook QB who had a short career.
- They took the storybook RB who had a short career.
- They took a Kicker
- They took the money bag owner
- They righted the wrong on Easley not in already.
- They took 2 real HOFers in Taylor and LDT

Jacoby, Dawkins, Boselli and...ok, we get it, stop the punishment, you don't even put in Bruce...TO...all HOFers.

Um, that's not how it works
Umm.. yes it does, over and over. certain players log jam positions all the time.. if the guy who is considered the best doesnt get in at your position even if you are are number 2, you dont get in.. a few years ago there was a log jam at WR and until a few made it guys like TO or Bruce where never going to get in.

Gary now probably becomes the best kicker on the board and now a kicker has gotten in, but he only has the window until Venatieri retires and waits.

its like if there were 5 worthy WR thats never gonna happen in the same year no matter who they are and if you miss that window and the next year Jerry Rice comes up, your window may never open again.

Umm.. yes it does, over and over. certain players log jam positions all the time.. if the guy who is considered the best doesnt get in at your position even if you are are number 2, you dont get in.. a few years ago there was a log jam at WR and until a few made it guys like TO or Bruce where never going to get in.

Gary now probably becomes the best kicker on the board and now a kicker has gotten in, but he only has the window until Venatieri retires and waits.

its like if there were 5 worthy WR thats never gonna happen in the same year no matter who they are and if you miss that window and the next year Jerry Rice comes up, your window may never open again.

You don't go from being dropped off the list to now going back on it. Usually once you are off you are off for good. Anderson hasn't made a semi-finalist list (in years) or finalist list (ever). To think he is now magically going to be on any list is just a pipe dream.

Peter King voted for Owens, but this is what he wrote this morning in MMQB

"We are asked to consider only what happens on the field—with one proviso. If something factors into how a player plays or whether a player plays, and if something factors into a tangible effect on the team’s performance (such as leadership), we can consider it. In other words, we can extend the on-field stuff to the locker room and practice field if we think that had a bearing on his team and his own play."

I think TO eventually deserves to get in, but I have no problem making him wait a few years because of his obnoxious behavior in SF, Dallas and Philadelphia when you consider the above.

I got to thinking about Kurt Warner more also. I like the guy but I'm not sure HOF QBs have a 5 year stretch as bad as he had in the middle of his career.

Terrell Davis over Terrell Owens...lol. The day the HOF lost all of its credibility.

And I like TD and dislike TO. But cmon.

Dawkins not getting in yet is nuts too.

I cannot believe Davis got in. Just not enough work on the resume to warrant it.

I can absolutely believe Jerrah got in. His work as a GM is dismal but there isn't anyone that can argue about his legacy as an owner. He flat out changed the league in so many positive was as an owner.

Priest Holmes is also a HOFer now based on the Davis election.

I think what separates Terrell from Priest is Terrell did average 142 ypg rushing in the playoffs leading to 2 Super Bowl championships. That's coming up clutch when you need to. But as far as the number of seasons of greatness, yes they are very similar. Priest was a better receiver also in his favor

I got to thinking about Kurt Warner more also. I like the guy but I'm not sure HOF QBs have a 5 year stretch as bad as he had in the middle of his career.
His hand was mangled and he couldn't really throw. Adds to the story that he was able to come back from that and take another team to a Super Bowl.

Do the voters remember that Olandis Gary came in and ran for 1,100 yards when Davis got hurt? And then Mike Anderson came out of nowhere and ran for 1,500 yards? And then Clinton Portis came in and ran for 1,500 yards in each of his first two seasons?

Davis was great before he got hurt, but that Denver running game was tough every year back then regardless of who the RB was.

Do the voters remember that Olandis Gary came in and ran for 1,100 yards when Davis got hurt? And then Mike Anderson came out of nowhere and ran for 1,500 yards? And then Clinton Portis came in and ran for 1,500 yards in each of his first two seasons?

Davis was great before he got hurt, but that Denver running game was tough every year back then regardless of who the RB was.
Alex Gibbs Denver's OL coach who taught the zone blocking scheme and cut blocking got Terrell Davis into the HOF.
He should introduce Davis just because of that.

His hand was mangled and he couldn't really throw. Adds to the story that he was able to come back from that and take another team to a Super Bowl.
id like to think it was that 2nd act that put him in, but the fact that davis made it...makes me question that theory.

with Stabler and now Warner in...hello Ken Anderson and Phil Simms...lets put them in and clean up the missing QB links...

How does Tomlinson seem to fly under the radar so much? Go look at this guy's career numbers. Nine straight years of 10+ touchdowns. Missed 6 games in 11 years, which is insane given his volume.

2006- 1800 rushing yards, 500 receiving yards, 31 total touchdowns. That's video game type stuff. Maybe one of the greatest ever.

How does Tomlinson seem to fly under the radar so much? Go look at this guy's career numbers. Nine straight years of 10+ touchdowns. Missed 6 games in 11 years, which is insane given his volume.

2006- 1800 rushing yards, 500 receiving yards, 31 total touchdowns. That's video game type stuff. Maybe one of the greatest ever.

I didn't realize he's considered to fly under the radar? He's clearly one of the top backs of all time, in my opinion.

I didn't realize he's considered to fly under the radar? He's clearly one of the top backs of all time, in my opinion.

Easily. It seems, to me, a lot of other guys get more discussion though.

wasn't he just a 1st ballot HOFer?

and he was HIGHLY regarded as a player.

it was out in SD for most of the time, if that clouded your memory.

I'm fine with Warner being in. At his peak he was Peyton Manning even if it was just for a few years. His offense's in St. Louis changed the league. Good enough for me.

He was great in Zona too the last couple years.

I'm fine with Warner being in. At his peak he was Peyton Manning even if it was just for a few years. His offense's in St. Louis changed the league. Good enough for me.

He was great in Zona too the last couple years.
im ok with Warner too.

the 2nd act really was a clincher. I was happy for him.

if Harrison doesn't make that incredible int and td run...he would've been in years ago.

same with if the patisies didn't cheat to beat them.