NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 130 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

Your right Jay Gruden and Pat Shurmur are just superior to the Sean McDermitt and Adam Gase.
Dallas has won the NFC East because Jerry for all his ego has done a really good job at the draft. Dallas has had talent it’s just not winning in the playoffs against the elite teams.

Jay Gruden won the NFC East in 2015 so yes, he is superior to McDermott & Gase.

Are Tom Coughlin and Doug Pederson superior to AFC East coaches?

Because the Ginger Clapper has swept them both to win the division in different years.

Jay Gruden won the NFC East in 2015 so yes, he is superior to McDermott & Gase.

Are Tom Coughlin and Doug Pederson superior to AFC East coaches?

Because the Ginger Clapper has swept them both to win the division in different years.
Adam Gase won 10 games in 2016 and Miami went to the playoffs.
His problem New England won 14 games that year so it was as a wild card team. Houston won the AFC South that year at 9-7 and got a home playoff game.

In 2015 when Gruden won the NFC East the Redskins went 9-7.
Wow he won a division at 9-7 that is really impressive.

Tom Coughlin is long gone from the Giants he was 2 coaches ago.
Doug Peterson is a good coach. Just like I think Buffalo’s Sean McDermott is. Who in his first year as a HC led Buffalo to the playoffs. This year they drafted a rookie QB and looked on the upswing to end the year. That was better than Shurmur who took Barkley and finished worse than McDermott with a rookie QB.

The problem is McDermitt can’t win his division unless he goes 12-4.
Peterson doesn’t need to do that.

You don’t give any credence to that New England’s presence in their division affects the other teams as much as it does.

Last edited:
Adam Gase won 10 games in 2016.
His problem New England won 14 games that year.

In 2015 when Gruden won the NFC East the Redskins went 9-7.
Wow he won a division at 9-7 that is really impressive.

Tom Coughlin is long gone from the Giants he was 2 coaches ago.
Doug Peterson is a good coach. Just like I think Buffalo’s Sean McDermott is. Who in his first year as a HC led Buffalo to the playoffs. This year they drafted a rookie QB and looked on the upswing to end the year. That was better than Shurmur who took Barkley and finished worse than McDermott with a rookie QB.

The problem is McDermitt can’t win his division unless he goes 12-4.
Peterson doesn’t need to do that.

You don’t give any credence to that New England’s presences in their division affects the other teams as much as it does.

GTFOH comparing McDermott to Pederson. One trotted out Nate Peterman for multiple starts while the other won a SB with his backup.

Doesn’t matter how long ago Coughlin left, it’s still true that Garrett swept him en route to winning the division in 2014.

NE guarantees 2 losses for their division compatriots but that doesn’t explain why they rarely win the wild card spot.

It’s only difficult to go 9-7 or 8-8 and get one of the WC spots for AFC East teams?

GTFOH comparing McDermott to Pederson. One trotted out Nate Peterman for multiple starts while the other won a SB with his backup.

Doesn’t matter how long ago Coughlin left, it’s still true that Garrett swept him en route to winning the division in 2014.

NE guarantees 2 losses for their division compatriots but that doesn’t explain why they rarely win the wild card spot.

It’s only difficult to go 9-7 or 8-8 and get one of the WC spots for AFC East teams?
You give McDermott no respect. Pederson had a franchise QB drafted with his arrival. Buffalo made the playoffs last year with Tyrod Taylor and Nate Pederman while having 2 games with New England. McDermott has Buffalo on the upswing.
You probably have no idea how little he has had on his roster and made the Bills a playoff team.
Pederson wasn’t a Pederson before last year.
The NFC East is not the cradle of coaches it once was.
Gase may be crazy eyed but again he was 23-25 with the Dolphins. Take out 2-4 with New England that is .500 and would be a division contender in multiple divisions.
The 1000 lb guerilla hurts the other 3 teams a lot. New England would have won the NFC East over 80% of the time in the Belichick-Brady era.

You give McDermott no respect. Pederson had a franchise QB drafted with his arrival. Buffalo made the playoffs last year with Tyrod Taylor and Nate Pederman while having 2 games with New England. McDermott has Buffalo on the upswing.
You probably have no idea how little he has had on his roster and made the Bills a playoff team.
Pederson wasn’t a Pederson before last year.
The NFC East is not the cradle of coaches it once was.
Gase may be crazy eyed but again he was 23-25 with the Dolphins. Take out 2-4 with New England that is .500 and would be a division contender in multiple divisions.
The 1000 lb guerilla hurts the other 3 teams a lot. New England would have won the NFC East over 80% of the time in the Belichick-Brady era.

Pointing out facts isn’t disrespectful to Sean McDermott. You thought it reasonable to compare him to a SB winning coach, not me.

I never said the NFC East is the cradle of coaches. I said the AFC East has contributed to NE dominance because the other 3 teams have collectively stunk for 18 years.

I used their coaching hires as evidence of their collective ineptitude. You keep responding with excuses and NE is a 1000 lbs gorilla as proof the other three teams in the AFC East haven’t been piss poorly run in the past 18 years.

Last edited:
I hope I am wrong but I got
Saints 35 Rams 28
Chiefs 31 Patriots 20

Pats win. Andy Reid vs. Belichick is such a mismatch. KC's only chance is a blowout.

This game reminds of me Falcons-49ers title game in 2012.
Hopefully the Saints find their running game in the second half.
If I were the Saints I want Gurley trying to play as he looks hurt or he is disengaged.

I'm so annoyed with the Rams for not just running a QB dive on 4th and a half yard.

And then the delay of game. Perfectly executed by the book right there. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom