NFL Thread - 2018 | Page 175 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2018

even if he caught that ball, the Giants would have got the ball back. If they held the Pats to 3, a td would still have won the game. there is a reason they are called Giants.

He would have scored.

Might not have been a mistake. Butler was eaten alive by both Mariotta and Bortles in the two previous games. Couple that with showing up to practice late.
I’m ok with team rules benching, even for a whole game...but don’t dress him then.

45 guys dress and when you figure 1 is the backup QB, then a P, a K and the LS...then expect injuries, even for a few plays, you need the uniform.

The ‘Do your Job!!’ Coach decided 1 guys Job was to stand there like an idiot.

He chose a ‘sneak attack benching’ over an up-front, team 1st...here is my decision and here is why, route.

If the wrong team u root for wants to bench 1 of its OFs all year v the Yankees and start the 4th...and then not allow the starting OF to do anything other than pinch run for a guy already on 3rd...I’m ok with it.

I just question that and think he erred.

I’m ok with team rules benching, even for a whole game...but don’t dress him then.

45 guys dress and when you figure 1 is the backup QB, then a P, a K and the LS...then expect injuries, even for a few plays, you need the uniform.

The ‘Do your Job!!’ Coach decided 1 guys Job was to stand there like an idiot.

He chose a ‘sneak attack benching’ over an up-front, team 1st...here is my decision and here is why, route.

If the wrong team u root for wants to bench 1 of its OFs all year v the Yankees and start the 4th...and then not allow the starting OF to do anything other than pinch run for a guy already on 3rd...I’m ok with it.

I just question that and think he erred.

You perfectly described why BB is an a-hole.

You do realize that the powers that be will kill to keep the secret. There is just too much money at stake. You are in great danger, sir.

I thought you folks would get a kick out of this...pretty ironic

First, it’s a beautiful day in NYC today. As I was walking from meeting to meeting, I ran into an old college pal on the street...he is a strong acquaintance, not a dear friend, so-to-speak...but I run into him whenever the groups meet up, etc.

He happens to be one of the the top guys at the NFL in the main office NYC. Pretty important actually...I am friendly with two of guys involved at the high-end of the main office and it’s not uncommon for me to bump into them here since we’re neighbors (offices)...

So who’s this guy’s walking partner today? Roger Goodell. He looks pretty relaxed, wearing jeans (if I remember correctly, wasn’t checking him out).

We chatted briefly as those things go on the street in NYC...being a gentleman I congratuled Roger and my friend on a successful season, told them they gotta get the Bills back in the Playoffs, and we moved on.

I’m sure there were safety personnel around, so to address the above post, they had their easiest chance to get me just today!

And to address the obvious question...(if you know these guys, yadda yadda)...I do address my concerns in general with them, but again being a gentleman I don’t delve into all my thoughtful analysis. How do they respond? Well, I’d characterize it as a knowing nod with a sly grin. :)

Foles is not a backup QB, he is a failed starter.

Foles is more Plunkett than Hoss.

If Frank Reich started for Kelly in a game, that’s a backup QB. 6 career starts (Hoss had 4, but 2 to end the 90 regular season).

And alsacs, the pats in 42 may still be the greatest team of all time, they just got beat in the only game anyone remembers.

Forgot about butler, that was BBs only mistake in 20 years.

So in other words Pederson won a SB with a failed starter while playing against the GOAT who threw for 500 yards.

Jints needed a shanked FG (1990) and a helmet catch (2007) to win SBs.

They're also the only SB champ to have a negative point differential for the year (2011).

They won their first (1986) by feasting on perennial 1980s SB bed-schitter, Dan Reeves' Broncos.

They are, without a doubt, the luckiest franchise after NE (for having Brady & Belichick).

They're also the only SB champ to have a negative point differential for the year (2011).

They won their first (1986) by feasting on perennial 1980s SB bed-schitter, Dan Reeves' Broncos.

They are, without a doubt, the luckiest franchise after NE (for having Brady & Belichick).
yeah, it was luck. Have you met Orangeman?

The two wins against SF in the NFC title games leading up to two of those SB wins were chock full of fortuitous bounces.

First, it’s a beautiful day in NYC today. As I was walking from meeting to meeting, I ran into an old college pal on the street...he is a strong acquaintance, not a dear friend, so-to-speak...but I run into him whenever the groups meet up, etc.

He happens to be one of the the top guys at the NFL in the main office NYC. Pretty important actually...I am friendly with two of guys involved at the high-end of the main office and it’s not uncommon for me to bump into them here since we’re neighbors (offices)...

So who’s this guy’s walking partner today? Roger Goodell. He looks pretty relaxed, wearing jeans (if I remember correctly, wasn’t checking him out).

We chatted briefly as those things go on the street in NYC...being a gentleman I congratuled Roger and my friend on a successful season, told them they gotta get the Bills back in the Playoffs, and we moved on.

I’m sure there were safety personnel around, so to address the above post, they had their easiest chance to get me just today!

And to address the obvious question...(if you know these guys, yadda yadda)...I do address my concerns in general with them, but again being a gentleman I don’t delve into all my thoughtful analysis. How do they respond? Well, I’d characterize it as a knowing nod with a sly grin. :)
What is amazing to me is that you didn't figure out what was happening today. That was a message my friend. They know you know and they were sending the message that you could be sleeping with the fishes if you don't stop. If I were in your shoes, I would get my affairs in order. Of course, that knowing grin might actually mean, this guy is a nut case. Whose to say?

What is amazing to me is that you didn't figure out what was happening today. That was a message my friend. They know you know and they were sending the message that you could be sleeping with the fishes if you don't stop. If I were in your shoes, I would get my affairs in order. Of course, that knowing grin might actually mean, this guy is a nut case. Whose to say?

But wait, I thought I'm crazy and far from correct...then why would they care about me? And why would I be worried? The entire world is yelling this and that about the NFL and the Patriots and so on, I'm not saying anything special.

Because I'm just a loon...or is my data-driven analysis relevant?

I don't know what to believe anymore

yeah, it was luck. Have you met Orangeman?

Pointing out the luck associated with 3 SB wins isn't implying a conspiracy.

How many SBs have been won when one of the league's top placekickers pushed his game winning FG attempt wide right?

How many teams that gave up more points than they scored won a SB?

It's no conspiracy theory to say these one-time events are exceptionally lucky.

It's funny listening to Herr Kaiser proclaim the way to beat NE in a SB when the Jints had two rabbits feet and a giant golden horseshoe shoved up She-li's arse to win both.

Last edited:
The two wins against SF in the NFC title games leading up to two of those SB wins were chock full of fortuitous bounces.

Ended the “going for a 3 peat Niners” AND the 18-0 Patriots.

Pointing out the luck associated with 3 SB wins isn't implying a conspiracy.

How many SBs have been won when one of the league's top placekickers pushed his game winning FG attempt wide right?

How many teams that gave up more points than they scored won a SB?

It's no a conspiracy theory to say these one-time events are exceptionally lucky.

It's funny listening to Herr Kaiser proclaim the way to beat NE in a SB when the Jints had two rabbits feet and a giant golden horseshoe shoved up She-li's arse to win both.

Norwood has never even made a FG that long on grass. The only lucky thing was that he almost made it.

Ended the “going for a 3 peat Niners” AND the 18-0 Patriots.

No doubt. Nothing wrong with taking advantage of good fortune. Kudos to Big Blue.

Not much happenin' lately though.

But wait, I thought I'm crazy and far from correct...then why would they care about me? And why would I be worried? The entire world is yelling this and that about the NFL and the Patriots and so on, I'm not saying anything special.

Because I'm just a loon...or is my data-driven analysis relevant?

I don't know what to believe anymore
No. You are on to something. Roger the Don sent you a message today. Take the hint and quiet down before it is too late.

Norwood has never even made a FG that long on grass. The only lucky thing was that he almost made it.

Well played.

Absurd in its obscurity, but well played nontheless.

Edit - He went 1-5 on grass kicks of 40 and over during his career. It's not like he was asked to kick a 65 yarder in a monsoon, FFS.

Last edited:
The only fortuitous bounces were Montana’s head being separated from his body and getting knocked into KC 2 years later...and Eli getting his head ripped off his body, only for him to grab it, put it back on, then go win the game and be the SuoerBowl MVP 2 weeks later.

Fortuitous indeed.

The only fortuitous bounces were Montana’s head being separated from his body and getting knocked into KC 2 years later...and Eli getting his head ripped off his body, only for him to grab it, put it back on, then go win the game and be the SuoerBowl MVP 2 weeks later.

Fortuitous indeed.

If u told me that the Niners PR (Williams) rec'd a payoff for that game I wouldn't be surprised. Fumbled three times and single-handedly cost his team the game. Roger Craig says hello, too.

If u told me that the Niners PR (Williams) rec'd a payoff for that game I wouldn't be surprised. Fumbled three times and single-handedly cost his team the game. Roger Craig says hello, too.
Williams had a wet ball and was shlitting himself, his fault for not securing better.

Craig had Erik Howard slam his head into his hands and arm. Craig is a borderline HOF (if guys like Floyd Little are in, he should be) and a Niner HOFer. He got bested.

Williams had a wet ball and was shlitting himself, his fault for not securing better.

Craig had Erik Howard slam his head into his hands and arm. Craig is a borderline HOF (if guys like Floyd Little are in, he should be) and a Niner HOFer. He got bested.

You gotta take care of the ball in that situation (Craig). The only way they lose is with a fumble there.

You gotta take care of the ball in that situation (Craig). The only way they lose is with a fumble there.
I was a student at Cuse then, Senior Sunday at Faegans, despite not being a Senior, was a lot of fun that night.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom