NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Worst franchise in the league ... Cardinals or Jets?

Easily the Jets. Woody Johnson obviously knows nothing about football or running a football operation, and worse, about hiring someone who does. His history is a litany of one bad guess after another. Bowles showed he was incompetent after his second year and they freaking extended him, fer chrissake. Which also extended the hopeless Kacey Rogers. What in hell was the whole Teddy Bridgewater thing about? Woody's track record is bad and getting worse, and I don't think the slide has been turned around by the acquisition of Bell. How in the world did they let Mac go into the draft? They still have a dreadful O-line and did nothing in the draft to address that. I could go on but why bother?

Last edited:
How is Chad Kelly still in the league? Colts signed him

Seriously? lol

Great young nucleus, umm who?
Revamped offensive line, what are you watching.
qb for the future, if taking the 5th or 6th best qb in the draft with the 6th pick gets it done for you
The giants defense was the worst in the league last year .
Barkley is a great player, but he passed on a future franchise qb.

Seriously? lol

qb for the future, if taking the 5th or 6th best qb in the draft with the 6th pick gets it done for you
You can’t take Allen at 2, the backlash would’ve been worse than Jones.

Darnold sucks

You can’t take Allen at 2, the backlash would’ve been worse than Jones.

Darnold sucks
You talking about Josh Allen? I love you man but stop bashing darnold the kid can play.

You talking about Josh Allen? I love you man but stop bashing darnold the kid can play.
Sanchez, already had an AFC Champ game under his belt by now.

Seriously? lol

Tom Brady, Joe Montana and Kurt Warner say you don't know who the best QB is in any draft until the light are on and the pressure starts.

Sanchez, already had an AFC Champ game under his belt by now.

C'mon man, there's no comparison between the team Sanchez walked into and the wreckage surrounding Darnold.

What does Sanchez have to do with any of this?
U watched 1 shlitty year of Darnold and think he’s great, just like millions watched 1 shlitty year of Sanchez and thought he was Namath.

Then he went back to the AFC champ and they thought he was Jesus.

Then, well...let’s just wait and see on all.

Except Barkley, no injury...and he walk into the HOF.

U watched 1 shlitty year of Darnold and think he’s great, just like millions watched 1 shlitty year of Sanchez and thought he was Namath.

Then he went back to the AFC champ and they thought he was Jesus.

Then, well...let’s just wait and see on all.

Except Barkley, no injury...and he walk into the HOF.
Darnold literally had 1 legit weapon last year and he isn’t that good Robby Anderson.
Darnold set the NFL rookie completion percentage record last year behind that garbage team.
Unlike the Giants who were trying to compete the Jets were in tank mode last year.
Jets spent money on Bell, Crowder Darnold doesn’t have excuses now if that offense sucks.
Barkley’s career will be over by 30. If Darnold is good his career lifespan is a lot longer. I wish Darnold was on another team as if he had a stable organization he could be an elite QB in the league. Gaze may give really awful stares but the guy can coach QBs. He helped Manning in Denver, made Cutler serviceable in Chicago and Miami and when Tannehill was healthy he was solid.
Darnold will be good with Gaze his biggest problem is he doesn’t take of the ball and goes for the spectacular play and throws picks. We don’t know if that is because his teams have always been mediocre relying on him like at USC or suck like with the Jets last year.

Barkley is a great player but Eli on the 18th hole he and you guys better hope Jones is a lot better than most people thought.

Yeah I don’t think Darnold is that good. Going to throw a lot of interceptions.

Darnold literally had 1 legit weapon last year and he isn’t that good Robby Anderson.
Darnold set the NFL rookie completion percentage record last year behind that garbage team.
Unlike the Giants who were trying to compete the Jets were in tank mode last year.
Jets spent money on Bell, Crowder Darnold doesn’t have excuses now if that offense sucks.
Barkley’s career will be over by 30. If Darnold is good his career lifespan is a lot longer. I wish Darnold was on another team as if he had a stable organization he could be an elite QB in the league. Gaze may give really awful stares but the guy can coach QBs. He helped Manning in Denver, made Cutler serviceable in Chicago and Miami and when Tannehill was healthy he was solid.
Darnold will be good with Gaze his biggest problem is he doesn’t take of the ball and goes for the spectacular play and throws picks. We don’t know if that is because his teams have always been mediocre relying on him like at USC or suck like with the Jets last year.

Barkley is a great player but Eli on the 18th hole he and you guys better hope Jones is a lot better than most people thought.
Coming off a 3 win season and telling people you are trying to win, while knowing you don’t have weapons...is much different than coming off a 10 win season and flopping.

Eli walked off the field, with under 2 minutes left, with a lead, 4 more times than the 5 wins he ended up with.

And that was a shlitty Gints team.

They might not have much more talent there and ready this year, but they will be more competitive than the 5 (9) wins they ended last year with.

I’m not worried about Darnold.

Nor am I worried about 2027or 2028 and what Barkley is producing.

C'mon man, there's no comparison between the team Sanchez walked into and the wreckage surrounding Darnold.

Kaiser doesn't buy that argument that surrounding personnel matters when evaluating a QB. In most cases, anyway. :)

Kaiser doesn't buy that argument that surrounding personnel matters when evaluating a QB. In most cases, anyway. :)
Correct, I’m repeatedly told here that a QB must elevate the play of his OL and D, is responsible for the W, and I think that’s bullshit.

Correct, I’m repeatedly told here that a QB must elevate the play of his OL and D, is responsible for the W, and I think that’s bullshit.

Lol. Yup. Definitely some double standards going on in these QB discussions, depending on what teams these guys play for.

When Eli has had zero help, it’s always been his fault on here from fans of the JV NY teams, NE, and other NFC East teams.

So do I. Just apply that logic to Darnold as u do with Manning.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom