NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

When Eli has had zero help, it’s always been his fault on here from fans of the JV NY teams, NE, and other NFC East teams.

As I've said repeatedly on this board, there is validity to the notion that Manning's performance has certainly been compromised by his weak OL and some drops by his receivers. No doubt. But you'd have to be watching the game with your seeing eye dog not to realize that his level of play has fallen quite a bit in the last five years.

As I've said repeatedly on this board, there is validity to the notion that Manning's performance has certainly been compromised by his weak OL and some drops by his receivers. No doubt. But you'd have to be watching the game with your seeing eye dog not to realize that his level of play has fallen quite a bit in the last five years.

He’s not what he once was, but the one season that we had a defense in recent years we went 11-5.

He’s not what he once was, but the one season that we had a defense in recent years we went 11-5.

There's a happy medium in here somewhere. My view that it's a combo is closest to reality, imo.

Correct, I’m repeatedly told here that a QB must elevate the play of his OL and D, is responsible for the W, and I think that’s bullshit.
You can say Eli had a poor OL but the weapons he had weren’t poor.
The guy is the best QB in your franchise history because he did win 2 SBs he just isn’t that good anymore.
Your GM waited one year to draft a QB.
You may not like Darnold but I would rather a Darnold/Ed Oliver combo over a Saquon Barkley/Daniel Jones combo.

U watched 1 shlitty year of Darnold and think he’s great, just like millions watched 1 shlitty year of Sanchez and thought he was Namath.

Then he went back to the AFC champ and they thought he was Jesus.

Then, well...let’s just wait and see on all.

Except Barkley, no injury...and he walk into the HOF.
The guy had nothing around him and still had a good year. Barry Sanders was a hof how many playoff games did he win?

The guy had nothing around him and still had a good year. Barry Sanders was a hof how many playoff games did he win?
Barry Sanders at #3 was steal compared to #2 pick.

And was better than every QB drafted after him.

Like Barkley...

Barry Sanders at #3 was steal compared to #2 pick.

And was better than every QB drafted after him.

Like Barkley...

The big difference is that Sanders consistently led the league in rushing while Barkley isn’t the best RB in his division. ;)

The big difference is that Sanders consistently led the league in rushing while Barkley isn’t the best RB in his division. ;)

I don't think I'd go that far.

D7ba7ukUIAUGpCn

I move Brees up to elite but this is a good list.

D7ba7ukUIAUGpCn

Its definitely a garbage list. Ben being on the same tier as Dak and Trubisky makes it terrible. Those 2 are way closer to bad then good.

Its definitely a garbage list. Ben being on the same tier as Dak and Trubisky makes it terrible. Those 2 are way closer to bad then good.
Ben has been a terrible QB on the road the last 3 years. He is a great QB at home and bad QB on the road. He is right where he belongs. The talent Ben has had on his team has been top of the league quaiity. An elite OL, elite RB and great WR Corp,

Ben has been a terrible QB on the road the last 3 years. He is a great QB at home and bad QB on the road. He is right where he belongs. The talent Ben has had on his team has been top of the league quaiity. An elite OL, elite RB and great WR Corp,

Umm...hes finished 2nd & 3rd the last 2 years in passing qbr. Him next to Dak & Mitch is ridiculous. Everyone should agree.

D7ba7ukUIAUGpCn

I'd putt Carr in the average list. Hopefully Gruden gets rid of captain checkdown soon

D7ba7ukUIAUGpCn

Cam Newton is average? Lol.

I guess their consistently successful teams over the course of his career is due to all those other pro bowl offensive players they’ve had...

Cam Newton is average? Lol.

I guess their consistently successful teams over the course of his career is due to all those other pro bowl offensive players they’ve had...
Cam has had 1 MVP season but he has been average to below average since that year.
He has a shoulder injury and he hasn’t been the same. He is in the middle of league as a QB right now.
Panthers have been a good defensive team with a run first ball control offense Cam’s career.

The Panthers don’t want Newton throwing 30+ times a game they aren’t built that way.

Cam has had 1 MVP season but he has been average to below average since that year.
He has a shoulder injury and he hasn’t been the same. He is in the middle of league as a QB right now.
Panthers have been a good defensive team with a run first ball control offense Cam’s career.

The Panthers don’t want Newton throwing 30+ times a game they aren’t built that way.

When evaluating Cam Newton, you can’t just ignore his biggest strength in his running ability.

When evaluating Cam Newton, you can’t just ignore his biggest strength in his running ability.
He has stopped running a lot to stay healthy.
Cam is a middle of the road QB now. He can move back up but since SB 50 he has been average to below average in relation to the other QBs in the league.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom