NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Except you are using the old fantasy football argument that he stinks on the road which didn't apply last year. He averaged like 330 yards and 2 tds per road game while completing 67% of his passes and a 94 QB rating. I don't even like the guy and hate his team but to put him on that same tier as Dak and Trubisky who both likely top out as game managers is completely bonkers.
I’m not looking at fantasy football if I think Carson Wentz, Deshaun Watson, Jared Goff are better quarterbacks right now in 2019 then Ben. I think Carson Wentz is a good value bet for MVP this season he should’ve won MVP two years ago if he didn’t get injured. Watson and Goff aren’t fantasy QBs they are young studs.

Ben isn’t a spring chicken and has had an elite OL and weapons these past years.
Let’s see how does this year. I am actually picking the Steelers to win the North but Ben has had a pass for how that team has underachieved.

I’m not looking at fantasy football if I think Carson Wentz, Deshaun Watson, Jared Goff are better quarterbacks right now in 2019 then Ben. I think Carson Wentz is a good value bet for MVP this season he should’ve won MVP two years ago if he didn’t get injured. Watson and Goff aren’t fantasy QBs they are young studs.

Ben isn’t a spring chicken and has had an elite OL and weapons these past years.
Let’s see how does this year. I am actually picking the Steelers to win the North but Ben has had a pass for how that team has underachieved.

Yeah, you get a pass when your team ranks in the top 5 in scoring the last 2 years.

Game managers don't win games with 4th quarter comebacks.

Dak has 9 in three seasons (8 regular, 1 playoff)
Trubisky has 1 in two seasons (0 playoff)
Wentz has 4 in three seasons (0 playoff)

Big Ben has 7 in the past 3 seasons (0 playoff)

You are blinded by your hatred of America's Team if you think Prescott has been a worse QB than Big Ben since he joined the league.

Dallas was 21st in scoring last year and 14th the year before. The Steelers were 5th both years. 1 with Bell and 1 without. Scoring is a pretty basic and broad thing to look at but I think that difference alone ends any kind of argument.

I don't agree with everything Ben says, but he said this...When asked if he was a good leader last season, his answer was no, we didn't make the playoffs. It depends how you define success. As I said before, this season will say a lot about Ben and the Steelers.

Dallas was 21st in scoring last year and 14th the year before. The Steelers were 5th both years. 1 with Bell and 1 without. Scoring is a pretty basic and broad thing to look at but I think that difference alone ends any kind of argument.

What were their rankings in 2016? (Dallas 5, Pittsburgh/Buffalo 10)

Scoring is too broad (and is heavily influenced by SOS) to measure QB play. Ben's and Dak's performance from the past 3 years is in the same neighborhood:

Both had 2 Pro Bowl years. Not a ton of separation is all I'm saying.

What were their rankings in 2016? (Dallas 5, Pittsburgh/Buffalo 10)

Scoring is too broad (and is heavily influenced by SOS) to measure QB play. Ben's and Dak's performance from the past 3 years is in the same neighborhood:

View attachment 164068
View attachment 164069

Both had 2 Pro Bowl years. Not a ton of separation is all I'm saying.

In the same neighborhood perhaps but there is still a 2400 yard and 24 TD discrepancy in just those 3 years. This all derived from the chart he showed where it had all 3 of them listed on the same "good" tier which I don't believe is accurate. I think Ben is in the Very Good, Dak is maybe in the Good and Mitch should be in the Average tier at best.

In the same neighborhood perhaps but there is still a 2400 yard and 24 TD discrepancy in just those 3 years. This all derived from the chart he showed where it had all 3 of them listed on the same "good" tier which I don't believe is accurate. I think Ben is in the Very Good, Dak is maybe in the Good and Mitch should be in the Average tier at best.

It's more like a 10 TD difference when you consider Dak rushed for 6 TDs in each season while Ben ran it in 4 times (all 3 seasons combined - probably all goal line sneaks).

Dak is closer to Ben than Trubisky is to Dak. But I don't feel strongly enough about those groupings if someone wants to say Big Ben is better than Dak.

I thought those tiers were pretty accurate.

The NYJ just made a helluva move by naming Joe Douglas as their GM. He learned at the feet of Ozzie Newsome in Baltimore and has been a major contributor the last few years in Philly. Howie Roseman got a lot smarter after Douglas showed up in Philly. Too bad the Jets didn't make this move prior to the draft but hey they're the Jets.

Would anyone be interested in a gambling thread? I'm I don't want to say giddy but lets go with 'enthusiastic' that I don't have to go the offshore route this year.

Would anyone be interested in a gambling thread? I'm I don't want to say giddy but lets go with 'enthusiastic' that I don't have to go the offshore route this year.

I'm always game for that. What state do u live in?

Philly.

I live in NJ and use William Hill. I'm also an Eagles season ticketholder but when I cross into PA on game day I can no longer bet because I'm no longer in NJ. I'd like to see them fix that.

Ya I always wondered what happened if you tried to place a bet on the bridge. PA is legal now though.

Ya I always wondered what happened if you tried to place a bet on the bridge. PA is legal now though.
Didn’t know PA was good now...good.

Last year I did one of those Polar Express Trains the day after Thanksgiving, we never left Jersey, but snaked along the Delaware River...and in between the hobo with the banjo and the magician, I tried to get a few night NCAA football bets in...no dice.

Kept saying I was out of state.

I mean I could see PA, but unlike GW, didn’t cross it.

Total Bullshit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom