NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Loyal fans that go back generations rather than drunken hooligans that stock shelves at Delaware Wal-Marts and get in bar fights after work.

Loyal fans wearing their cardigan sweaters and smoking their favorite pipes.

Btw not all that sure your fan base is pleased as punch with the direction of your squad. Gettleman is an arrogant fluck and I'm not sure why that is the case. Gonna be enjoyable to assist in his departure over the next 2-3 years.

Btw not all that sure your fan base is pleased as punch with the direction of your squad. Gettleman is an arrogant fluck and I'm not sure why that is the case. Gonna be enjoyable to assist in his departure over the next 2-3 years.

Jury is out on Gettleman.

On the positive side, I think he finally fixed the OL. It’s been almost a decade since we had a good one.

His fate will be attached to how Jones pans out.

I feel like he’s done pretty well with his first two drafts based on very early returns.

tenor.gif.cf.gif

Loyal fans that go back generations rather than drunken hooligans that stock shelves at Delaware Wal-Marts and get in bar fights after work.

Btw not gonna defend the fanbase. Many are knowledgeable but the knuckle draggers give the rest of us a bad name. First game I took my son was when he was six years old. We go in the men's room and people are pissing in the sink. That was at the Vet. The Linc weeded some of the rif-raf out by requiring PSLs but there are still a fair amount of .

Failed to win a playoff game?!?

Dallas 24 Seattle 22

You’re slippin, bpo.

Jeez. I didn’t remember that either, and still had the “Dallas hasn’t won a playoff game since ______(fill in mid 90s pop culture reference)” thing filed away as an easy go to.

Oh well. I’ll just change the focus to Super Bowl wins, since the Giants are the king of the 2000s NFC East in that regard.

Jeez. I didn’t remember that either, and still had the “Dallas hasn’t won a playoff game since ______(fill in mid 90s pop culture reference)” thing filed away as an easy go to.

Oh well. I’ll just change the focus to Super Bowl wins, since the Giants are the king of the 2000s NFC East in that regard.

Must not have been a very memorable playoff win. :)

I had the Boys the next week against LAR. That was a money burning exercise.

I had Rams-Saints all along. No anti-NFC East biases at play either, I swear.

Dallas O/U is 8.5. That looks like a really good value for the over.
I see the Cowboys barring an injury to Dak going atleast 9-7.
Philly O/U is 9.5
NYG O/U is 6.

I like the Cowboys over 8.5 the most of any of these 3.

Their early portion of the season schedule will allow them the chance to bank a good portion of wins.

Dallas O/U is 8.5. That looks like a really good value for the over.
I see the Cowboys barring an injury to Dak going atleast 9-7.
Philly O/U is 9.5
NYG O/U is 6.

I like the Cowboys over 8.5 the most of any of these 3.

Their early portion of the season schedule will allow them the chance to bank a good portion of wins.

The Eagles O/U is 10 at the book I use (William Hill) and are -110 to win the NFC East while the Cowboys are +130.

Eli’s durability is his greatest strength.
His numbers are compiled because he has played every game.
His numbers aren’t special in relation to the era he has played in.
The Pro Bowl selections mean nothing as the top guys don’t even want to play in the game.
Brady hasn’t played in the Pro Bowl since 2005 and he has been elected every year.
All pros tell how special a player is and Eli hasn’t been an all-Pro one time.

His career deserves respect because he has two titles and he has stayed healthy. When examining his status within where he falls in this era he isn’t close to the top guys.
I would take Philip Rivers over Eli but one has played for a stable franchise
And the other for the Chargers.
So we can use compiling for his yards and TDs, but it for his losses.

Most of which are all with some of the worst teams in history, certainly Giants history, in the last 5 years.

Putting Plunkett in the post negates any god point you may or may not make.

If Fitz wins a Supe, it won’t matter either, his career is his career.

The pipe smoking, down in front fans (no cardigans, please) who were the Huff, Gifford and Connerly Giants era of our fathers...has been replaced by the Simms, LT and Parcells era Giants...and we have no problem throwing hands with idiots and correcting all the inaccuracies in anyone’s thoughts.

Gettlemen gave the talking heads fodder, but it looks like he is right and has been right.

Let’s play the games...

If the Giants cut Riley Dixon for Johnny Townsend that would be dumb.
Then he better get his head out of his arse or he will be on his 3rd(if lucky) team in 5 years.

The ol' "Heads I win, tails you lose" organically hedged bet on a division rival. ;)

Either way, you're made whole.

I'm not a gambler but I completely understand the sentiment.

Every time I see Gettlemans name I think of that smug “We’re building!” Sound bite from a few months back.

I wanted to root for baker and the browns, but let’s just say that ship has sailed.

Baker makes Lavon Ball or whatever his name is, seen normal.

Screw him.

Hope I see him and OBJ come to blows in the huddle.

I wanted to root for baker and the browns, but let’s just say that ship has sailed.

Baker makes Lavon Ball or whatever his name is, seen normal.

Screw him.

Hope I see him and OBJ come to blows in the huddle.
Can’t wait for Cleveland at New York next year.
I mean Baker just needs to learn to filter his comments on some stuff.

Jones success at Duke is a stupid reason to kill the pick.
People who were mocking the pick were mocking spot he was picked at.
Not that he went in the first round or cared how he did at Duke.

The pipe smoking, down in front fans (no cardigans, please) who were the Huff, Gifford and Connerly Giants era of our fathers...has been replaced by the Simms, LT and Parcells era Giants...and we have no problem throwing hands with idiots and correcting all the inaccuracies in anyone’s thoughts.

Gettlemen gave the talking heads fodder, but it looks like he is right and has been right.

Let’s play the games...

Based on exhibition games?

The ol' "Heads I win, tails you lose" organically hedged bet on a division rival. ;)

Either way, you're made whole.

I'm not a gambler but I completely understand the sentiment.

To be honest I'd rather win the $$$. But because of my proximity to NY and its fans I actually loathe the Gmen more than the Cowboys. That makes me a bit different as most Eagle fans are fixated on the Cowboys.

Based on exhibition games?
Based on the complete roster turnover.

The Giants of the last 2 years couldn’t beat a good college team.

He’s done a good job, we will see for real of course, very soon.

When Jones goes to the playoffs, all of a sudden 7 GMs will admit they would’ve taken him, but nobody will care.

The fun will be over.

Based on the complete roster turnover.

The Giants of the last 2 years couldn’t beat a good college team.

He’s done a good job, we will see for real of course, very soon.

When Jones goes to the playoffs, all of a sudden 7 GMs will admit they would’ve taken him, but nobody will care.

The fun will be over.

Do you foresee Jones replacing Eli this year?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom