NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 24 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

Wild overreaction to Luck retiring in the betting markets. Prior to his retirement the Colts were right around even money to win the division, now they are +550 at my sports book. Major loss for sure but not like Jags, Titans and Texans don't have issues.

Hysterical.

Not surprised you fell for it though.
not falling for anything its been talked about on Sirius/XM NFL Radio most of the day. Have heard it when I have been in and out of the car. it is a legit rumor out there

Rumor is Eli may waive his no trade clause and be open to a trade to Indy.

We will see if true or BS

I think Brissett is going to be better than people expect. The Colts would be better off sticking with him.

not falling for anything its been talked about on Sirius/XM NFL Radio most of the day. Have heard it when I have been in and out of the car. it is a legit rumor out there
This is just the media trying to get out from under their position that...

Eli sucks and Jones is worse.

Own it people, Eli is starting this year, will be a success and Jones will win a Super Bowl within the decade.

And then they’ll try to run him out of town because he’s proved them to be the idiots that they are.

I’ve seen this movie.

It used to Star Phil Simms, now it’s starring Eli Manning.

It’s just NY and the national media idiots.

This is just the media trying to get out from under their position that...

Eli sucks and Jones is worse.

Own it people, Eli is starting this year, will be a success and Jones will win a Super Bowl within the decade.

And then they’ll try to run him out of town because he’s proved them to be the idiots that they are.

I’ve seen this movie.

It used to Star Phil Simms, now it’s starring Eli Manning.

It’s just NY and the national media idiots.

The last couple of years the NYG have been bad on both sides of the ball. This year I think the offense will be better and fairly respectable. The defense looks to be one of the worst in the NFL IMO.

The last couple of years the NYG have been bad on both sides of the ball. This year I think the offense will be better and fairly respectable. The defense looks to be one of the worst in the NFL IMO.
Thanks Buddy Ryan.

Thanks Buddy Ryan.

I gotta give u credit for your persistent "Eli is gonna be great this year" predictions. Of course I've heard that for 3-4 years running now and that hasn't come anywhere near reality.

Knowing the Colts they will tank this year and next year and try to get Trevor Lawrence.

I think they're more likely to make the playoffs this year than to tank this year. Next year, who knows? I think they'd have to really blow things up unnecessarily in order to tank though. It's still a pretty good team, maybe good enough to win that division.

I gotta give u credit for your persistent "Eli is gonna be great this year" predictions. Of course I've heard that for 3-4 years running now and that hasn't come anywhere near reality.
Despite playing behind the worst OL in history and quite often throwing to guys who were...and would be again...out of the league, he has been pretty good 3 of the last 4 years.

It’s just the unsilent minority who want to run him out of town because they’ve been trying to do it for 15 years only to have him quietly shove crow down their throats.

2 years later, ‘Offensive Guru’ Ben McAdoo still hasn’t gotten a job.

Think about that.

Eli should be applauded for the yards and TDs he put up in that O

I think they're more likely to make the playoffs this year than to tank this year. Next year, who knows? I think they'd have to really blow things up unnecessarily in order to tank though. It's still a pretty good team, maybe good enough to win that division.

Yeah the notion of the Colts tanking is insane.

Yeah the notion of the Colts tanking is insane.
Too much talent to tank.

They will be trading up next April.

Lot of guys coming out.

I know but as Kasier said above they have way too much talent to tank.
Their defensive talent is middle of the road. Their pass rush is average.
Their LB was good but their rookie LB needs to show again if he is an all pro.
Their secondary isn’t deep.

Colts talent is deep at skill position and Nelson from ND was a stud.
Their OL is why they turned it around last year.

Colts talent isn’t bad but they have a ton of cap space to upgrade the roster. They aren’t the most talented team in their division without Luck.
Houston roster is better but they have botched the OL.
If Houston trades Clowney for an OL/WR they will be the best value.
Houston should be all over trying to trade Trent Williams.

Their defensive talent is middle of the road. Their pass rush is average.
Their LB was good but their rookie LB needs to show again if he is an all pro.
Their secondary isn’t deep.

Colts talent is deep at skill position and Nelson from ND was a stud.
Their OL is why they turned it around last year.

Colts talent isn’t bad but they have a ton of cap space to upgrade the roster. They aren’t the most talented team in their division without Luck.
Houston roster is better but they have botched the OL.
If Houston trades Clowney for an OL/WR they will be the best value.
Houston should be all over trying to trade Trent Williams.

When u have an elite OL you're already a competitive team that would not be likely to tank. Their TEs are very solid, TY Hilton is a beast and the running game isn't bad either. No way on earth this team is tanking. Btw if u wanna tank u tank next year to get Trevor. Tua or Herbert are not worth tanking for. That is, if it's even possible to tell 53 players we're gonna tank this year, fellas. Good luck with that.

When u have an elite OL you're already a competitive team that would not be likely to tank. Their TEs are very solid, TY Hilton is a beast and the running game isn't bad either. No way on earth this team is tanking. Btw if u wanna tank u tank next year to get Trevor. Tua or Herbert are not worth tanking for. That is, if it's even possible to tell 53 players we're gonna tank this year, fellas. Good luck with that.
They will win at least 6 games, likely 7 and possibly 8.

Now if brisett gets hurt, all bets are off...but tanking is a 1-3 win season, it’s not happening this year.

And like I said, lots of good QBs in this draft anyway.

The AFC south is pretty mediocre, but they do play the NFC south which is pretty strong. I think the Colts probably fall somewhere in between 7-9 wins. They will be an average team, but certainly not a doormat.

Let's recap where the Birds have an advantage over the Cowboys:

Coaching. Check
QB. Check
OLine. Check.
DLine. Check.
Receivers. Check.

I'll give you the RBs assuming that clown shows up and can stay out of jail tho the Birds have a lot more depth and Miles Sanders may shock some people. Also give you the LBs. Secondary seems like a wash. Neither one is great.

To recap, Philly has the better coach and QB and is stronger along both sides of the line of scrimmage. Good luck!
When was Zeke in jail?

When was Zeke in jail?

That and with Frederick back the Eagles certainly don't have a better OLine either. Might give the Eagles the rest though that's including healthy versions of Wentz and Alshon which hasn't been the usual.

When was Zeke in jail?

Given his track record, staying out of jail may be a bit more challenging for Elliott than most NFL players. Domestic violence incidents, skirmishes with security, pulling a woman's top off in public just to name a few. Not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

That and with Frederick back the Eagles certainly don't have a better OLine either. Might give the Eagles the rest though that's including healthy versions of Wentz and Alshon which hasn't been the usual.

Both of those guys are healthy right now.

We disagree on the OLs. Time will tell. Kelce was the best center in the NFL last year. Did not give up a sack. Hard to imagine a better pair of tackles than Lane Johnson and Jason Peters. Brandon Brooks is a pro bowl caliber guard.

The AFC south is pretty mediocre, but they do play the NFC south which is pretty strong. I think the Colts probably fall somewhere in between 7-9 wins. They will be an average team, but certainly not a doormat.

Tampa Bay is not all that hot and Carolina has questions given Cam's health. That situation could go sideways if he can't play at full health.

When the Giants are 5-0 heading into bradyville, you guys will all be wondering just what the fluck has happened to your season.

When the Giants are 5-0 heading into bradyville, you guys will all be wondering just what the fluck has happened to your season.

I like the fact that the Birds play the G-men 2x in December. At that point they will have thrown Daniel Jones to the wolves and the buses will be running full tilt. It's also great to close the season with our 9th home game. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom