NFL Thread - 2019 | Page 197 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2019

If Jerry Jones ego doesn’t push Jimmy Johnson out after 2 straight SBs how many do the Cowboys win?

I think they win 4 SBs instead of just 3 total
4 in a row. Probably 6 total

Don’t think Seattle’s offense had it in ‘em to score a winning TD but that third down spot was atrocious.

Ball was short by a full yard.

I hate the guy.
He was a loser player. His commentary is pathetic. He is a meathead frat boy.
Who if he can say a complete understandable sentence it’s a miracle.
He blows. He is a radio host on the toxic Boston sports radio scene.

I remember Scott Zolak from Tecmo Super Bowl for Super Nintendo. Dude threw BLIMPS. Those things stayed in the air forever!!!

If Jerry Jones ego doesn’t push Jimmy Johnson out after 2 straight SBs how many do the Cowboys win?

4 straight without a doubt but maybe as many as 6. Steve Young should thank Jerry otherwise he doesn't win one.

Kinda think the 94 Niners win it no matter what. They were LOADED.

And the Cowboys won it anyway in 95 even with Switzer. So I think it’s still 3 out of 4?

Graham was clearly short of the first down marker. The tough part is that none of the angles really showed a good view of how short he was. So we know the ball should be moved back, but we don't know where it should be moved back to. Therefore, they had to stick with the ruling on the field, which was unfortunately the poorly spotted first down.

Insane money for a TV guy but Romo is going to get paid.
I would take the Disney money. He is good and Nantz and him don’t really mesh well. Tony likes to have fun and Nantz is such a conservative it doesn’t go well.

I would take the Disney money. He is good and Nantz and him don’t really mesh well. Tony likes to have fun and Nantz is such a conservative it doesn’t go well.

I'd take him over Booger in a second.

4 straight without a doubt but maybe as many as 6. Steve Young should thank Jerry otherwise he doesn't win one.
If Jimmy doesn’t quit maybe Deion Sanders doesn’t sign with SF in 1994.
Deion was ringing chasing that year because of his baseball commitment he was a FA.
1994 Deion Sanders was a baseball player and then after the season was a football FA. He chose San Fran.
If Jimmy is around he could have gone to Dallas.
I don’t think 1994 is a lock for the 49ers without Deion and Jimmy Johnson leaving opened the door for San Fran.

Hope he stays with NBC. Monday night football has lots its shine since moving to ESPN.

ESPN should hire Kevin Harlan and Tony Romo for MNF.
Make Harlan the number 1 voice for NBA on ESPN. Would love hearing him call NBA Finals.
He does great on the NBA and they kill 2 birds with one stone.

In the Bills game, the Members Only refs ran onto the field, and urged the on-field refs to apply "common sense", and overturn a TD call in the Bills favor.

Where's the common sense here?

If Jimmy doesn’t quit maybe Deion Sanders doesn’t sign with SF in 1994.
Deion was ringing chasing that year because of his baseball commitment he was a FA.
1994 Deion Sanders was a baseball player and then after the season was a football FA. He chose San Fran.
If Jimmy is around he could have gone to Dallas.
I don’t think 1994 is a lock for the 49ers without Deion and Jimmy Johnson leaving opened the door for San Fran.

They were not good enough to beat Jimmy the previous two years. My money is him.

He was one of the best talent evaluators ever. He took a 1-15 team with zero talent and had them as the best team in the league in 4 years. HoF is well deserved imo.

Last edited:
ESPN should hire Kevin Harlan and Tony Romo for MNF.
Make Harlan the number 1 voice for NBA on ESPN. Would love hearing him call NBA Finals.
He does great on the NBA and they kill 2 birds with one stone.
I‘m all in on this right here.

Harlan is fantastic.

Graham was clearly short of the first down marker. The tough part is that none of the angles really showed a good view of how short he was. So we know the ball should be moved back, but we don't know where it should be moved back to. Therefore, they had to stick with the ruling on the field, which was unfortunately the poorly spotted first down.
not sure he was clearly short. the replay was from a mile away.. what do you base clearly short on? you cant go by the yellow line since thats just arbitrarily placed sometimes, there was no real line to view. I think they spotted him too far too but he was inches one way or the other.

my question is why in the NFL they dont have a camera system that runs down the field and sits on the first down and goal lines for every play. you could use remote control cameras on zip lines to do it and not for a huge cost for a business thats doing billions..

while they are at it fix the goal post issues as well.

not sure he was clearly short. the replay was from a mile away.. what do you base clearly short on? you cant go by the yellow line since thats just arbitrarily placed sometimes, there was no real line to view. I think they spotted him too far too but he was inches one way or the other.

my question is why in the NFL they dont have a camera system that runs down the field and sits on the first down and goal lines for every play. you could use remote control cameras on zip lines to do it and not for a huge cost for a business thats doing billions..

They have those pylon cams that they place at the first down marker in the playoff games, but I didn't realize that if you zoom in with those, it's just a blurry, pixelated mess. What good is that?

the pics above show he is clearly short of the yellow line. And while the yellow line isn’t official, it’s not that far off. And like you, it’s incomprehensible that they don’t have better camera angles.

The first down was at the 36. His elbow hit before his helmet. When his helmet hit, he was short of the 36. Therefore, he must have been short when his elbow hit.

Edit: Agreed that it’s crazy we even have to debate this stuff with the technology we have today.

Last edited:
I won a huge bet in 2008 on a Sunday night football between the Giants and Eagles.
Andy Reid challenged Eli was over the LOS and he wasn’t because his back leg wasn’t over the line.
Giants won me some good money that game on a parlay so I have known the rule since then.

Was that the last time Eli beat the Eagles?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom