NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 101 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

The Saints should theoretically be good enough to have a chance with Brees just playing the role of smart caretaker. There’s maybe more chance of explosive offense with a guy like Jameis but we’ve obviously seen that there’s a ton of downside there as well. I still low key like Jameis but Brees should be the guy still.

Hill sucks though and any snap with him in at QB is a bad call that occasionally gets lucky.

and vegas was correct to be very skeptical at the chargers lead.
now i did make some coin on this game because i had chargers +20.5 as the final leg of my 4 team, 13 pt teaser.

AND after the chargers went up by 7 late in the fourth, i put some cash down on the saints moneyline which was +330.

It’s amazing how the Chargers find new ways to blow games each week.
I can’t imagine being a fan of that team.

They beat themselves. Saints will be better when Michael Thomas comes back but their offense is leaking oil this year.

Herbert looks good. Nobody knows anything. Man the bust rate for these qbs has gone down by about tenfold it seems like.

Rumor is the Saints may make a push toward signing Dak in the offseason if they can make it work with the hopes he wants to play for his home state team.

Rumor is the Saints may make a push toward signing Dak in the offseason if they can make it work with the hopes he wants to play for his home state team.

They can’t sign him if he’s franchised .. and this rumor sounds like something someone just made up ...

They can’t sign him if he’s franchised .. and this rumor sounds like something someone just made up ...
Dak could sign his franchise tag and the Cowboys lose all leverage.
A player can’t be franchised 3 times.

If the Cowboys franchise him again he could sign the deal immediately and rehab his knee until he feels 100% and become an UFA in 2022 coming back healthy from an injury.

I don’t see the Cowboys giving Dak 37.7 million next year right now.

It was on a Saints podcast I listen to, but they specified if he was NOT franchised again and the Saints could somehow get out of salary cap he’ll.

Not going to happen. You don't get all those commercials as the Saints QB.

So say he does become unrestricted. What teams would go after him? Here is a short list based on need and cap space:

Denver
Indy
San Fran
Chicago

Not going to happen. You don't get all those commercials as the Saints QB.

He’s a big enough name/star without the Cowboys name by now. What does staying in Dallas do for you?The oline and defense are in shambles. Most Cowboy fans blame him every game they lose. Dallas has basically been the same team since Romo got there.

He’s a big enough name/star without the Cowboys name by now. What does staying in Dallas do for you?The oline and defense are in shambles. Most Cowboy fans blame him every game they lose. Dallas has basically been the same team since Romo got there.
Zach Martin is still there, so is Collins, you can rebuild an oline in relatively short time. Lamb, Cooper, and Gallup is as good a receiver trio as there is in the Nfl. People grow up dreaming of being the Dallas Cowboys qb. Why leave?

Zach Martin is still there, so is Collins, you can rebuild an oline in relatively short time. Lamb, Cooper, and Gallup is as good a receiver trio as there is in the Nfl. People grow up dreaming of being the Dallas Cowboys qb. Why leave?

Collins doesn't look the same. Jerry can't build complete teams. The Saints rumor was specifically because he grew up in LA, was a fan of them and watched them become good under Payton.

Collins doesn't look the same. Jerry can't build complete teams. The Saints rumor was specifically because he grew up in LA, was a fan of them and watched them become good under Payton.

Jerry’s attempts to fix the D have failed going on 8 years.

When they had an average D with a glaring hole at Safety he failed to fill the position.

Mike Nolan and his asinine scheme have made a minimally talented defense historically bad.

I don’t see Dak leaving Dallas. I expect him to take the franchise tag and bet on himself as he’s done the past two seasons.

The only way he signs a long term deal is if his ankle rehab leaves some lingering issues.

And that would likely be similar to the 5 year deal previously offered in 2020 (potentially less than $40M/year depending on Jerry’s mental state).

I like Dak but I seriously doubt his ability to produce if he’s got reduced mobility and a less talented supporting cast.

the funny thing is that at 0-5 the giants only have to beat philly/wash and dallas without ZAk to win the Div.. not totally out of reach as bad as all these teams are.

If the Giants end up with #1 pick does milqetoast Mara have the guts to fire Gettleman? You know Gettleman will be stupid enough to trade that pick because Daniel Jones is DG's guy.

The Saints don't look to be anywhere close to being in synch. The Chargers defense isn't THAT good.
Good enough to hold Mahomes to his lowest point total of the year (so far)

If the Giants end up with #1 pick does milqetoast Mara have the guts to fire Gettleman? You know Gettleman will be stupid enough to trade that pick because Daniel Jones is DG's guy.
I can't see how Gettleman survives anything less than 5 wins.

Would love for the Dolphins to trade a 6th and cover the cash for Bell. Wont happen though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom