NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 253 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

Howie is killing the franchise. Keeping Wentz, again, will be a disaster, they won’t be good for years until they get rid of roseman. He’ll bring in another chip kelly shiny type of coach and he’ll fail...sad day. Thanks to Dougy P for the super bowl win. cant wait to hear the actual story on keeping foles vs Wentz

Btw this is the second year in a row that Pederson has been humiliated by his bosses. Last year after the season ended DP said he was retaining all of his coaches. Two days later he fired two of them - due to obvious pressure from above - and claimed it was his decision. I wouldn't be surprised if he walks away in the next week or so.

Bump from last Tuesday.

Bump from last Tuesday.
Yup. All true.

To Doug's fault though he wanted to just promote from within after a bad year and not give any outside candidates for fresh ideas (that was the biggie for Lurie). DP is a loyal guy no doubt, but Press Taylor as OC and others isn't the best optics after this year.

Yup. All true.

To Doug's fault though he wanted to just promote from within after a bad year and not give any outside candidates for fresh ideas (that was the biggie for Lurie). DP is a loyal guy no doubt, but Press Taylor as OC and others isn't the best optics after this year.

I agree with that. Also, recall that Lurie/Roseman forced DP to dump two of his coaches a year ago. DP said those coaches were coming back then two days later he canned them, no doubt due to pressure from the top. DP finally reached the breaking point with the SNF fiasco.

The two names I've heard are Mike Kafka (QB coach of the Chiefs and a former Eagle) and Lincoln Riley. It is not an attractive job - an old team that needs to be rebuilt.

I agree with that. Also, recall that Lurie/Roseman forced DP to dump two of his coaches a year ago. DP said those coaches were coming back then two days later he canned them, no doubt due to pressure from the top. DP finally reached the breaking point with the SNF fiasco.

The two names I've heard are Mike Kafka (QB coach of the Chiefs and a former Eagle) and Lincoln Riley. It is not an attractive job - an old team that needs to be rebuilt.
I've heard the same two plus Eric B and Duce. They wanted Kafka last year but Andy blocked it.

QB fiasco, old roster, and Howie... whats not to love?!?

I've heard the same two plus Eric B and Duce. They wanted Kafka last year but Andy blocked it.

QB fiasco, old roster, and Howie... whats not to love?!?

I can't see Eric B having any interest. Not after what happened to DP, another Andy Reid protege. Eric B should have options and if not then he should wait til next year.

I can't see Eric B having any interest. Not after what happened to DP, another Andy Reid protege. Eric B should have options and if not then he should wait til next year.
Yeah, I doubt it on Eric B as well.

yep, I think he felt sick about dumpling Groh.

just saw rumors that they are going to talk to James Franklin. Yuck.

yep, I think he felt sick about dumpling Groh.

just saw rumors that they are going to talk to James Franklin. Yuck.

Agreed that would be a lousy hire. We've watched that guy make some mind-numbing decisions from the sidelines. It feels like they will not hire an accomplished, strong willed guy. This is shades of Jerruh and Snyder. Meddlesome ownership looking for a puppet. Just feels like Roseman is toxic and the real source of the problem.

This is very strange .. can you imagine a guy on an NBA or MLB team losing in the playoffs .. then joining another playoff team ?

hard to be in that same deal.. play for a team but not on the roster and have enough value someone else wants you

And he won 2 and was still fired because he kept losing to Green Bay.
technically, he quit.

had a year left and wanted an extension, they wouldnt give it, so he walked.

Blame it on the Bossa Nova... the dance of love.
1610482197255.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom