NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

So much for player safety. lol that was never more than lip service anyway.
exactly,but you are missing where the true lip service was coming from.

the players barely hit anymore as it is.

if you dont want to hit, then play more games.

player safety is a synonym for players want to get paid for not playing or practicing.

fine dont practice, but play a game or 2 more

exactly,but you are missing where the true lip service was coming from.

the players barely hit anymore as it is.

if you dont want to hit, then play more games.

player safety is a synonym for players want to get paid for not playing or practicing.

fine dont practice, but play a game or 2 more

They don't hit more in practice because they're beating the crap out of each other during the games. Hey if the players sign off on it so be it. Just don't want to hear the NFL talking about how they care about player safety. If they cared they'd allow for fair catches on kickoffs like college. Most dangerous play is the kickoff yet they do nothing to curb those injuries.

Mahomes' hands are only slightly larger at 9.25". He seems to have found a way to get around that.

I liked Burrows' response. "Considering retirement after I was informed the football will be slipping out of my tiny hands. Please keep me in your thoughts."

I guess that answers the question of what do Joe Burrow, Donald Trump and my 3 year old daughter have in common. They have adorable little hands.

Last edited:
I guess that answers the question of what do Joe Burrow, Donald Trump and my 3 year old daughter have in common. They have adorable little hands.
I’m just proud of you for grouping your daughter in with the Great Donald Trump.

We should all aspire to have us and our kids mentioned in the same sentence with the Magnificent and Glorious President Trump.

Cant type anymore, need to wipe the tears from my eyes, so proud of Eric here...

I’m just proud of you for grouping your daughter in with the Great Donald Trump.

We should all aspire to have us and our kids mentioned in the same sentence with the Magnificent and Glorious President Trump.

Cant type anymore, need to wipe the tears from my eyes, so proud of Eric here...

I thought you didn't like him?

1582656844533.png

Depending on moves for the defense, I have faith the Phins make the playoffs.

Depending on moves for the defense, I have faith the Phins make the playoffs.
Well I like the Dolphins HC.
You guys have 100 million in cap space.
I expect the Dolphins to go after Jaime Collins/Kyle Van Noy and Devin McCourty from the Patriots.
Your staff loves ex-Patriots.

Those guys will get paid from the Fins.

I don’t know if you will get Tua though.
I see somebody trading up to 3 for him.

Well I like the Dolphins HC.
You guys have 100 million in cap space.
I expect the Dolphins to go after Jaime Collins/Kyle Van Noy and Devin McCourty from the Patriots.
Your staff loves ex-Patriots.

Those guys will get paid from the Fins.

I don’t know if you will get Tua though.
I see somebody trading up to 3 for him.
McCourty finally to the Giants??

I have never seen a more optimistic person in my life. No one knows who the teams QB or RB will be but playoffs it is!
The team ended the year competitive with Fitz at the helm. I won’t be overly worried about QB though obviously it’d be preferable to add a promising young talent today.

RB will be addressed in the first round if the dolphins dont package their picks.

The team ended the year competitive with Fitz at the helm. I won’t be overly worried about QB though obviously it’d be preferable to add a promising young talent today.

RB will be addressed in the first round if the dolphins dont package their picks.
You guys got rid of Chad O'Shea for Chan Gailey. That right there is why Fitz will suck next year. O'Shea worked his ass off to improve Fitz. Brady won't go to Miami because you guys hired Gailey.

That was a dumb decision by Flores.

Won't be worried? Ryan Fitzpatrick has never and will never get a team to the playoffs. He's put together more than 6 wins ONCE in his career thus far. There's a reason that he's 28 games under .500 as a QB with more INTs than games started. Pretty unlikely he's going to put it together at 38 on a team with Devante Parker as their best player. Winning 5 games last year was a borderline miracle. I'd imagine that their +/- in Vegas this year will be 5.5ish.

Interesting comment the other day from Tua - said something to the effect that he just needed another year to sit and rest and learn from a veteran QB. Tough to take a guy top 5 that seemingly appears to be unable to go full tilt until 2021.

You guys got rid of Chad O'Shea for Chan Gailey. That right there is why Fitz will suck next year. O'Shea worked his ass off to improve Fitz. Brady won't go to Miami because you guys hired Gailey.

That was a dumb decision by Flores.
Im not sure I’d want Brady either way. I don’t think its the same situation as when Peyton left the Colts. I think Brady, at this age, would be most productive staying with the Pats.

Interesting comment the other day from Tua - said something to the effect that he just needed another year to sit and rest and learn from a veteran QB. Tough to take a guy top 5 that seemingly appears to be unable to go full tilt until 2021.
Didn't see anything close to that. Everything I've seen said he is willing to sit and learn behind an experienced guy. Nothing whatsoever about needing to.

Didn't see anything close to that. Everything I've seen said he is willing to sit and learn behind an experienced guy. Nothing whatsoever about needing to.

I'm guessing you didn't see this - "Give me a whole year to rest up and then go back out and compete, but I just want to go back out and play."

I'm guessing you didn't see this - "Give me a whole year to rest up and then go back out and compete, but I just want to go back out and play."
“If you’re saying to me, if I can choose what team I want to play on, as far as my favorite team growing up, then I probably tell you the Cowboys,” he told the network. "I’m not trying to bump him (Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott) -- I’ll learn under him. I’d handle it the way that the coaches there want to handle it.

“Honestly, I just want to be able to play again. I wouldn’t mind learning under whatever guy that’s the starter. Give me a whole year to rest up and then go back out and compete, but I just want to go back out and play.”

The next best alternative for the teams that want him would be to wait until next year to draft Lawrence anyways so I don't think it's really a big deal even if it is true (which from what I had heard, is not).

“If you’re saying to me, if I can choose what team I want to play on, as far as my favorite team growing up, then I probably tell you the Cowboys,” he told the network. "I’m not trying to bump him (Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott) -- I’ll learn under him. I’d handle it the way that the coaches there want to handle it.

“Honestly, I just want to be able to play again. I wouldn’t mind learning under whatever guy that’s the starter. Give me a whole year to rest up and then go back out and compete, but I just want to go back out and play.”

Why does he need to rest up? He run a marathon recently?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom