NFL Thread - 2020 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

NFL Thread - 2020

I don’t think Belichick wants Brady and wants a clean break.
Unless Brady would take low money I don’t think Belichick would take Brady and if he did it would be on a 1 year basis.
That is why all this Brady drama is his side trying to drum up offers and leverage but I don’t think Belichick wants him or this deal would be done.

B & G were talking about Tommyboy to SF and Garropolo trades back to NE??

B & G were talking about Tommyboy to SF and Garropolo trades back to NE??
It makes no sense what Belichick is thinking. Garropolo just showed what he was this year. A game manager that when the SB is on the line doesn't get the job done.

Brady is clearly the better game manager of the two and I don't get why he would want any QB but a rookie or complete scrap heap project like a Marcus Mariotta.
Patriots fans don't want to pay another QB anything and then let Tom Brady go to another for 30 million dollars per year.

Garropolo wouldn't be cheap. I don't get Belichick right now. Unless he is just making Brady push him but he doesn't want to give him what Brady wants which is multiple years.

It makes no sense what Belichick is thinking. Garropolo just showed what he was this year. A game manager that when the SB is on the line doesn't get the job done.

Brady is clearly the better game manager of the two and I don't get why he would want any QB but a rookie or complete scrap heap project like a Marcus Mariotta.
Patriots fans don't want to pay another QB anything and then let Tom Brady go to another for 30 million dollars per year.

Garropolo wouldn't be cheap. I don't get Belichick right now. Unless he is just making Brady push him but he doesn't want to give him what Brady wants which is multiple years.
Jeter v Cashman & Hal ended bad and Jeter ‘won’.

But IMHO, Brady is playing better than Jeter was.

just pass the CBA so we can all concentrate on this more meaningful stuff...

Jeter v Cashman & Hal ended bad and Jeter ‘won’.

But IMHO, Brady is playing better than Jeter was.

just pass the CBA so we can all concentrate on this more meaningful stuff...
Patriots fans will be legit pissed if Belichick trades for Jimmy G and let’s Brady go to SF.

Patriots fans will be legit pissed if Belichick trades for Jimmy G and let’s Brady go to SF.
They’ll be more pissed if Brady gets Eli’d.

Well no kidding except they're going to have to also attach a pick to get rid of him.

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I don't see Foles getting moved. It would only save Jacksonville like $3 million and people are talking about them needing to attach like a 2nd round pick or something to free up that little cap space. They have other candidates that they can/would move without attaching picks that would provide more cap relief.

Jags have already agreed to trade A.J. Bouye for a 4th rounder

I guess we'll have to wait and see, but I don't see Foles getting moved. It would only save Jacksonville like $3 million and people are talking about them needing to attach like a 2nd round pick or something to free up that little cap space. They have other candidates that they can/would move without attaching picks that would provide more cap relief.
I love when the NFL starts turning into the NBA a bit transaction wise. I think it might still be worth it for them to get it over with now because there is a $5m 2021 roster bonus that hits in 2 weeks. But tough to give up any asset during a rebuild. Bouye deal and getting rid of Dareus makes their cap situation look acceptable.

Don't know who would even be interested though, already seems like more decent QBs avail then jobs. Colts have all the old Eagle guys but not sure the Jags are paying a division rival to take him off their hands.

I love when the NFL starts turning into the NBA a bit transaction wise. I think it might still be worth it for them to get it over with now because there is a $5m 2021 roster bonus that hits in 2 weeks. But tough to give up any asset during a rebuild. Bouye deal and getting rid of Dareus makes their cap situation look acceptable.

Don't know who would even be interested though, already seems like more decent QBs avail then jobs. Colts have all the old Eagle guys but not sure the Jags are paying a division rival to take him off their hands.

If they're truly attaching a 2nd round pick to him or attaching Ngakoue to him, I'm sure they'd find a taker. I just don't see why they would ever do it. It would free up roughly $3 million this year; that's just not going to make a significant difference for them. Certainly not worth giving up prime assets along with him IMO. If they were on the hook long-term with him, I could see it, but they can cut him next offseason and free up a ton of the extra cap at that point.

If they're truly attaching a 2nd round pick to him or attaching Ngakoue to him, I'm sure they'd find a taker. I just don't see why they would ever do it. It would free up roughly $3 million this year; that's just not going to make a significant difference for them. Certainly not worth giving up prime assets along with him IMO. If they were on the hook long-term with him, I could see it, but they can cut him next offseason and free up a ton of the extra cap at that point.
That precise scenario was something I was talking about with my friends. Would you be willing to deal a 3 for Foles and Ngakoue? Eats up a ton of cap space but fills 2 really big needs. Would allow to either sign Shaq and move on from Murphy or keep Trent for another year and let Shaq go. Backup QB is a huge need for me with the way Allen plays. Have a contender level roster but if they go cheap and Allen goes down longterm then everything else is down the tubes with Barkley. If Shaq, Spain and Phillips were to all go and filled needs primarily via trade/draft and guys that were released, could be looking at some nice comp picks in 2021 to essentially offset that 3 this year.

I don’t get Belichick.
If he wants to move on he better be drafting a rookie or playing Stidham.

Andy Dalton, Jimmy Garrapolo, Marcus Mariotta, Ryan Tannehill, Philip Rivers are not going to win Patriots fans over and I trust Belichick.

This makes no sense. Patriots 2020 season has the hardest schedule in the league I would like to tank next year if Brady is moving on like the Golden State Warriors are this year and go and get Trevor Lawrence next spring.

That precise scenario was something I was talking about with my friends. Would you be willing to deal a 3 for Foles and Ngakoue? Eats up a ton of cap space but fills 2 really big needs. Would allow to either sign Shaq and move on from Murphy or keep Trent for another year and let Shaq go. Backup QB is a huge need for me with the way Allen plays. Have a contender level roster but if they go cheap and Allen goes down longterm then everything else is down the tubes with Barkley. If Shaq, Spain and Phillips were to all go and filled needs primarily via trade/draft and guys that were released, could be looking at some nice comp picks in 2021 to essentially offset that 3 this year.

I would give up a lot more than that honestly lol. Receiving Foles isn't a burden at all. He's arguably a burden to the Jaguars, but whoever acquires him can just cut him no strings attached if they want anyways. The Jaguars are responsible for the guaranteed portions of the contract, which is why they basically have no reason to trade him in the first place; they save very little money and essentially have to give up 1 or 2 premium picks to save a few pennies. It would be stupid, but you never know; they aren't exactly the smartest organization.

The source is Tom Brady Sr.

I don’t get how Belichick can’t appreciate Brady just a little more. The fanbase won’t support treating Brady like he is just another player. It’s okay to be tough on Ty Law or Richard Seymour type players who are HOF talents but not the same as Tom Brady to the fanbase.
Belichick is really walking the line to just to stick to his guns with Brady.

The source is Tom Brady Sr.

I don’t get how Belichick can’t appreciate Brady just a little more. The fanbase won’t support treating Brady like he is just another player. It’s okay to be tough on Ty Law or Richard Seymour type players who are HOF talents but not the same as Tom Brady to the fanbase.
Belichick is really walking the line to just to stick to his guns with Brady.
He is a great coach. One of the best. Correct me if I’m wrong , but his guns and his ego always seem to come first. Reminds me when he sat Butler during the Super Bowl. Different thing , but same principle.

Last edited:
So NBC would slide Mike Tirico to SNF and Al Michaels would go to ESPN MNF.

I wonder what ESPN would give NBC.
Could sports conference games in different sports for NBCSN.

So NBC would slide Mike Tirico to SNF and Al Michaels would go to ESPN MNF.

I wonder what ESPN would give NBC.
Could sports conference games in different sports for NBCSN.

Can they ditch Collinsworth while they’re at it?

Chargers signed Austin Ekeler to a four year , 24.5 million dollar contract with 15 million guaranteed.

Chargers signed Austin Ekeler to a four year , 24.5 million dollar contract with 15 million guaranteed.

Amazing what's happened to the RB position that this is now like the 9th highest paid RB in the league at just over $6 mil.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom